Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arena XII

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    A day ago these pics were posted on Discord:

Found in a tester's keep apparently.

Regarding the 2nd pic, Ghost Brotocol replied "Not sure if it's final".
    There should be a rule that if a 3rd-grader cannot explain the buff, then the buff needs to be simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfaistos View Post
    Arena XII Coming soon.
    How soon is soon though. Damn. The "coming soon" banner has been here since Nov. 29.
    Last year Arena XI started on Dec. 1.
    Now even if Arena starts tomorrow, if it lasts 15 days it will end on Christmas which is clearly not a good idea. But even if it starts a bit later, Christmas will be in the middle.
    And if it starts after Christmas, then "soon" really has no meaning anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    How soon is soon though. Damn. The "coming soon" banner has been here since Nov. 29.
    Last year Arena XI started on Dec. 1.
    Now even if Arena starts tomorrow, if it lasts 15 days it will end on Christmas which is clearly not a good idea. But even if it starts a bit later, Christmas will be in the middle.
    And if it starts after Christmas, then "soon" really has no meaning anymore...
    The arena can be one week long.

4. Default

i hope they do not start Arena now. with the holidays coming up it will be a mess. i will be away from the 19th of Dec to the 4th of Jan. will be with family. not with Arena. wife keeps asking me if arena has started yet. i tell her "nope". she is getting upset that it has not started yet because she knows that i get in as many hits in as i can. Ghost, if you are reading this please make arena only a week or start arena mid January. i have no idea what the hold up is. please do not leave us in the lurch.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver Blast View Post
    The arena can be one week long.
    I guess it could, but according to the wiki it has never been 1 week only. Often 2 weeks, sometimes 3, and sometimes even more.

Only DeathMatch lasted only 8 days.

We complain if an event shows up with no warning.
    We complain if an event is advertised and it takes some time to start
    We complain if an event is "too long"
    We complain if an event "too short"
    We complain if an event is during work time
    We complain if an event is during holydays
    Come on, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    We complain if an event shows up with no warning.
    We complain if an event is advertised and it takes some time to start
    We complain if an event is "too long"
    We complain if an event "too short"
    We complain if an event is during work time
    We complain if an event is during holydays
    Come on, please.
    Frankly I've never complained about any event, and I'm not complaining about the event itself - and I don't really care about the dates, even though I believe it's not smart to make Arena happen during Christmas (but personally I'm not going for high ranks so it really doesn't matter much for me).
    What kinda annoys me is the communication. I was surprised (in a good way) that they announced the Arena in advance. But now, I feel like I would have preferred if they had not announced it. I just find it quite crazy how they can fail (IMO) something as simple as communicating about an event happening.

It's not like fixing a feature like the Colosseum which requires actual work. It's just announcing the time of an event. I guess that's what irritated me.

Edit: I do realize however that they might have planned to make the event begin sooner and decided to postpone it due to the Colosseum issues for instance.
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-10-2018 at 11:31 AM.

I don't usually complain too, when I say "we" is not to point fingers at anybody.

I have the feeling, based on life experience, that the more players complain about everything, the more "real" complains get diluted. I wouldn't like devs to think "hey, limit ourselves to the minimum until we can cash/sell, they will complain anyway if we try harder". While this might or might not happen, I think it is in our best interest to strongly complain on things that need to be fixed and let others go. I guess I am not alone on this but, on the other hand, one could think "hey, complain about this little things so easily solvable and see if they spend a bit fixing them", and that is fair too.

Regarding Arena start, a 15-day warning would be nice, so it could start on Saturday 15, Sunday 16 or even Monday 17 (so there is less triping in the first hours). An announcement with 15 days in advance sounds right to schedule FP purchases (those who spend) and to arrange short term hunts for IA or alike.
    About duration, I would like it to last exactly as Death Match, so it rewards being involved but it doesn't became a pain. Let's say from 15 to 23, or from 22 to 30? I am a freelance, so I don't really mind dates (work almost 12/7). I would like to understand why some of you are against it being on holidays. Do you have less time to play during holydays than during worktime? Do you guys plays at work? Or, like some post suggested, many of you are retired/disabled/freelancers/between jobs and the only moment you can't do your own is when family comes?
    This is something that intrigues me, as it would help to understand more how the community works.
    Last edited by Barathor; 12-10-2018 at 01:22 PM. Reason: grammar fix

I've been looking forward to Arena ........ but when I hit my home page all I see is money making scams. Colosseum (working as intended) but poor, when you join as single and get a lvl 2 in your group of 5. I guess they need more money before we see another Arena or 100v/ 10v season.