Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Constructive views on Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMe! View Post
    I already made mention of the wacked out matching of levels. But the response was, more or less, working as intended, sucks to be you.
    Oh! Oh! I got it! They should just rename the Colosseum to the "Sucks To Be You Battle System". The would cover all explanations in one fell swoop. I should get a lot of favor points for helping out with CA's marketing and PR on this one.
    Might work, but my first point is still quite valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    For those joining as Single, there is a lot of luck involved for the makeup of your team, how intelligent each player is and then who can actually land a hit.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Not only do I not have time for this beta mess right at the holidays, but I barely have time to even play the game now due to all the sludge this event has caused throughout the entire game. Battles outside of Colluseum didn’t really have any issues before. Now, all that’s being said here is happening in those as well. Tripping, blue balls, page refreshes, actions jumping around in the wrong order, etc. 1 person on the other side plays and my game freezes. Other areas in the game are affected with double grace clicks when I only click once, page jumps and exxxtra long toilet bowls. It’s like the game is spewing nuts and bolts! And it’s almost like they want everyone to quit playing Castle age all together. Good thing I love my family LOL.

3. Default

How do I know people aren't trying? I'm going to go with dropping from 2 star Gold II clear down to Silver, because I kept getting matched up with teammates like this:

Level: 1381
    Health 10/12700
    Battle Points: 9440

Level: 1023
    Health 12825/14450
    Battle Points: 7300

Level: 1070
    Health 7010/7010
    Battle Points: 0

Level: 309
    Health 4740/4740

Level: 740
    Health 8530/11190

Against these:

Level: 295
    Health 0/4650

Level: 1017
    Health 0/4270
    Battle Points: 3520

Level: 869
    Health 0/6480
    Battle Points: 3960

Level: 426
    Health 0/1760
    Battle Points: 17490

Level: 758
    Health 38557/52070
    Battle Points: 2200

I don't care how bad the lag is, how much tripping and blue spinning circle is going on, screen bouncing back and forth, or whatever, I don't buy for one second that all those 0 battle points are people that are trying to get clicks thru, but the system just isn't registering it.
    People are simply not trying, yet still getting into queues, and, sucks to be you if that happens.
    One match I had, it was me and one other guy on the other team as the only ones with battle points, and all eight other players had 0. Again, I don't buy for a second that me and one other guy frantically trying to click are going to lag out eight other players from getting clicks thru.

The entire night was filled with bunches of these level 20-somethings showing up, which readily killed my ranking:

Level: 359
    Health 4740/4740

Level: 1064
    Health 12120/12120

Level: 25
    Health 7040/7040

Level: 27
    Health 7000/7000

Level: 27
    Health 7000/7000

They were all Darius general, too. How does someone with Darius as their general get up into Gold tiers with just level 20?? Especially when they have 0 battle points in matches. Is the system generating a bunch of filler "players" just to keep matches popping? Are people rolling a bunch of mini's, trying their luck with getting matched on opposite teams, so their mini's can throw the matches? Or are people just giving up with their mains, rolling some mini's, farming the losing Honor points, so their mini's can be stuffed with Time Keepers?
    Feeding the rumor mill and speculating on conspiracy theories beats out actually trying with Colosseum by a long shot.

4. Default

How does someone with Darius as their general get up into Gold tiers with just level 20?? Especially when they have 0 battle points in matches.
    Because the way Colosseum is set up, you don't need to actually participate in the battles; you need only to opt in. Some might get lucky by getting matched up with unicorns and actives. My level 23 mini is in gold tier as well with sporadic participation.

It hasn't cost me a Penny/Dime. The Unbind Stone a welcome bonus too, with my playing style it was way out of reach. I'm not trying to knock the effort of giving us something new but ….. was there a need? All you have given us, could have gone into a fresh 100v100 season along with some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    Because the way Colosseum is set up, you don't need to actually participate in the battles; you need only to opt in. Some might get lucky by getting matched up with unicorns and actives. My level 23 mini is in gold tier as well with sporadic participation.
    It's not even really about being lucky. Anyone can reach gold because you can't lose stars in bronze and silver.
    I don't think you'll see low level inactive players in Plat though. That would require a ton of luck. Because they should lose a lot more than they win so they so they should remain in Gold IV / Silver I (or maybe reach Gold III if they're really lucky, but above this sounds really unlikely to me).

Basically if you're good in battles and always active, you should reach at least mid-high Gold and I think there will probably be a lot less inactive and/or low level players there.

However I just noticed WitnessMe said he was Gold II with 2 stars.
    Were you really getting inactive players lvl 27 in Gold II?
    If yes then they were probably using the "Team" button at some point and being boosted by a big toon. Or they are some kind of bots added at random ranks by the devs to reduce the matchmaking time but that would be really silly.
    I also saw many weird low levels players in my matches for the first time yesterday, and I'm usually in Gold IV where I've never had a problem finding a match, so that would be weird to add bots there (I mean, even weirder than adding them in higher ranks).
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-08-2018 at 03:59 PM.

7. Default

Better today. At least less failed clicks. Still frustrating.

8. Default

I don't care how bad the lag is, how much tripping and blue spinning circle is going on, screen bouncing back and forth, or whatever, I don't buy for one second that all those 0 battle points are people that are trying to get clicks thru, but the system just isn't registering it.
    People are simply not trying, yet still getting into queues, and, sucks to be you if that happens.
    One match I had, it was me and one other guy on the other team as the only ones with battle points, and all eight other players had 0. Again, I don't buy for a second that me and one other guy frantically trying to click are going to lag out eight other players from getting clicks thru.
    Honestly, there are various reasons why people are ending up without points. Lag is a big one. But there is also the inability to leave a team that has happened, the fact that quite a few battles are matching for so long that people give up, etc. I have heard so many weird things come by that it's not even funny anymore.

Now, I get that you are frustrated, I truly do. However, that doesn't change that most of the issues you described are caused by the performance of the game itself. If and when the game runs better, then and -only then-, can we talk about how to improve the competitive nature of the feature. After all what is the point in trying to be competitive if people can't actually play and be competitive?

The entire night was filled with bunches of these level 20-somethings showing up, which readily killed my ranking:

They were all Darius general, too. How does someone with Darius as their general get up into Gold tiers with just level 20?? Especially when they have 0 battle points in matches. Is the system generating a bunch of filler "players" just to keep matches popping? Are people rolling a bunch of mini's, trying their luck with getting matched on opposite teams, so their mini's can throw the matches? Or are people just giving up with their mains, rolling some mini's, farming the losing Honor points, so their mini's can be stuffed with Time Keepers?
    Feeding the rumor mill and speculating on conspiracy theories beats out actually trying with Colosseum by a long shot.
    A lot to unpack here.

First off all, it was already mentioned but, someone at that level gets in the higher ranks by riding the coat tails of higher levels. The bigger question is why they would all do singles? To which I have no answer. It seems kind of strange unless they were all incapable of joining a team.

Second, I doubt that people are creating lots of minis for this feature. First and foremost because they already created those min... sorry.... "recruits" months ago. Also because I'm sure that the news spread pretty quickly that matching is based on the highest ranked player in your team and not based on player level as is the case with 10v10. Of course that doesn't mean that these new recruits aren't being opted in. Everyone wants timekeeper after all.

Finally, I highly doubt that Gaea is generating low level players to keep the matches going. Not in the least because they could be generating "people" at a higher level than that. The higher ranks -could- potentially benefit from it but as far as I'm aware Gaea has only been looking to optimize the performance recently and hasn't made any functional changes.

That all said, I'm sure that you too must have realized that there is a solution for your issues. Get together with a group of people and form a team that you can play with instead of opting into the singles. At the moment there are groups created for the very purpose of getting people together into teams to improve their playing experience. I can highly recommend that you look into them. They seems to be helping quite a few people already.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Main problem with the Colosseum is the way the game works. This sort of rush playing with up to 10 players all clicking at once to get their hits in first before they get stunned just doesn't work with 1) their servers and 2) the nature of the game. It also doesn't help that you seem to have an endless series of tokens - I would be able to comment more on this but I really don't have time during the game and then as soon as it ends it gets wiped so no time to check what happened....

What I mean by 2) is that the game needs to check whether, for example, you are stunned or not when you make your move. So if someone is hitting you, and then you click, the game will often not accept your move because your situation has changed. This is what I assume is happening with all the ignored clicks. It makes sense for these checks in the slower version of battles, as a missed move will not usually change much as the other people will run out of tokens (although this does also happen at the start of 100x100 for me when say I am vastly outnumbered by the other guild and they all are pounding me at the same time, it is frustrating as you want to fire off a few movges yourself, but you resign yourself to it wouldn't make much difference anyway....).

So with that in mind, I don't think they can make this a fun, fair and balanced event/mini-game. Unless they are able to process multiple hits sent at approximately the same time simultaneously, which as I have already explained, they probably cannot, and the control they have built in, which is to refuse the move if your situation has changed. They want spaced out moves, but in a game where 60-70 tokens are fired within the same number of seconds.....all of whjich makes it a complete lottery and very annoying for the people whose moves are ignored (often 4 or 5 clicks ignored then the game is over or almost over in many cases).
    0DA855

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raf_thfc View Post
    So with that in mind, I don't think they can make this a fun, fair and balanced event/mini-game. Unless they are able to process multiple hits sent at approximately the same time simultaneously, which as I have already explained, they probably cannot, and the control they have built in, which is to refuse the move if your situation has changed. They want spaced out moves, but in a game where 60-70 tokens are fired within the same number of seconds.....all of whjich makes it a complete lottery and very annoying for the people whose moves are ignored (often 4 or 5 clicks ignored then the game is over or almost over in many cases).
    Sure they can. It's easy really.

Drastically reduce the number of tokens that we have available (I highly recommend starting with 5 and getting 1 every 2 minutes), then add a multiplier to our damage and healing outputs while potentially adding a cap on the max amount of health that we can bring into battle if that turns out to be needed. It would keep battles fast paced while minimizing the number of clicks needed.

Of course they may be some other tweaks and adjustments needed to make sure that it's balanced right but in a nutshell the above should work.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max