Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Constructive views on Colosseum

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMe! View Post
    I've heard that some people just put in the minimal hits to get the losing award of honor points and call it good. In other words, they don't really try. Its not uncommon to see people putting in maybe a few hundred damage points, while other teammates have put in several thousand. This gets highly frustrating for those of us that are trying to compete.
    What I would suggest is that the losing team loses two stars instead of one. Maybe even not getting any consolation points at all. This will hopefully make a wider gap between those that are wanting to put in good efforts, and those that are just "farming" losing points. Those that just put in the bare minimum hits will quickly drop down to the lower tiers, and not mess up things for those that want to dedicatedly compete.
    How do you know that these people aren't actually trying?

Between the blue balling, empty clicks and roll backs there are so many people that are literally getting stiffed on points that it isn't even funny.

I get your argument about being competitive and generally I would agree with that. However, before we start getting to that point we should -first- get the feature running smoothly so that everyone can actually -try- to be competitive.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 12-04-2018 at 09:52 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I've heard that some people just put in the minimal hits to get the losing award of honor points and call it good. In other words, they don't really try. Its not uncommon to see people putting in maybe a few hundred damage points, while other teammates have put in several thousand. This gets highly frustrating for those of us that are trying to compete.
    What I would suggest is that the losing team loses two stars instead of one. Maybe even not getting any consolation points at all. This will hopefully make a wider gap between those that are wanting to put in good efforts, and those that are just "farming" losing points. Those that just put in the bare minimum hits will quickly drop down to the lower tiers, and not mess up things for those that want to dedicatedly compete.
    Disagree strongly. For those joining as Single, there is a lot of luck involved for the makeup of your team, how intelligent each player is and then who can actually land a hit. Losing 2 stars because you happen to find yourself on the opposite team from a warrior with 2k levels on everyone else in the matchup is just plain evil.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

3. Default

Not gonna bother trying anymore. Just gonna leech unbind stones every week. Sorry random teammates LOL goodluck trying to use 1 token a minute.
    🐥LoVE💗DuCK💕

I agree - the "just join, stay passive and take your points" strategy is the low stress option, and far from ruining the battle by not engaging you are helping by freeing up bandwith for those who actually take this seriously

I just switch to Strider if I decide to give up on the battle.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

6. Default

Disagree. It is already hard to get to high ranks, plenty of 3k 4k+ players.

I agree on the consolation points, at least show minimal activity, or even better, try to do the matching based also on whether you are active or not in the last matches.

one thing that might fix a lot of tripping: let it run all day instead of only at fix times, that way their will not be so may battles at one time, giving less traffic on servers, and nobody is getting to many points in a day anyway,as their is a cap on the points already.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    one thing that might fix a lot of tripping: let it run all day instead of only at fix times, that way their will not be so may battles at one time, giving less traffic on servers, and nobody is getting to many points in a day anyway,as their is a cap on the points already.
    They need to find another way to fix things. I think that if Colosseum runs all day long, it will always take ages to find a match. By the time it finds one, most of the players who queued will probably be AFK.

Was kind of irritated that I got this in the middle of a match.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Losing 2 stars because you happen to find yourself on the opposite team from a warrior with 2k levels on everyone else in the matchup is just plain evil.
    I already made mention of the wacked out matching of levels. But the response was, more or less, working as intended, sucks to be you.
    Oh! Oh! I got it! They should just rename the Colosseum to the "Sucks To Be You Battle System". The would cover all explanations in one fell swoop. I should get a lot of favor points for helping out with CA's marketing and PR on this one.