Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Constructive views on Colosseum

1. Default

edit: please ignore. In my haste, posted in the wrong place.

I just got bumped off a battle which we were going to win (Gold IV)...it stated that "your team are not participating in the battle."

I clicked to join a new one, but it has been/ still is trying to match me up. 7 mins and counting.
    Last edited by ॐ <Jigz of the Endless> ॐ; 12-10-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Sure they can. It's easy really.

Drastically reduce the number of tokens that we have available (I highly recommend starting with 5 and getting 1 every 2 minutes), then add a multiplier to our damage and healing outputs while potentially adding a cap on the max amount of health that we can bring into battle if that turns out to be needed. It would keep battles fast paced while minimizing the number of clicks needed.

Of course they may be some other tweaks and adjustments needed to make sure that it's balanced right but in a nutshell the above should work.
    well possibly they want it to be fast paced and over in a couple of mins. Why? probably to stop those people with 10 accounts or "sharing passwords" from doing the usual. Because the way it is now I think it's pretty much impossible to play your full team yourself In which case why have it at all, just keep the old format of battles and give the rewards for it if you are going for your system.... it's barely any different.
    Last edited by Raf_thfc; 12-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    0DA855

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raf_thfc View Post
    well possibly they want it to be fast paced and over in a couple of mins. Why? probably to stop those people with 10 accounts or "sharing passwords" from doing the usual. Because the way it is now I think it's pretty much impossible to play your full team yourself In which case why have it at all, just keep the old format of battles and give the rewards for it if you are going for your system.... it's barely any different.
    How exactly would it be any different?

With what I suggest the format would be as fast paced as it is now but -without- tripping, -without- blue balling, -without- roll backs, -without- empty clicks.

How is that not a win - win?
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Because with your slower format, you'd get people signing up 5 of their accounts in one team and easily being able to play them all in the time frame, which is basically what makes most of the rest of the combat formats a joke.... and I think the devs if they're handing out unbind stones and timekeepers, aren't going to go that route. If they have any sense anyway.
    Last edited by Raf_thfc; 12-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    0DA855

Sure they can. It's easy really.

Drastically reduce the number of tokens that we have available (I highly recommend starting with 5 and getting 1 every 2 minutes), then add a multiplier to our damage and healing outputs while potentially adding a cap on the max amount of health that we can bring into battle if that turns out to be needed. It would keep battles fast paced while minimizing the number of clicks needed.

Of course they may be some other tweaks and adjustments needed to make sure that it's balanced right but in a nutshell the above should work.
    yes, more damage per click but less clicks would seem to be a good solution - not bothered about the armies of alts "having time to log in/out" myself as I just kinda accept the cheating now......

yeah you don't need to login/out you can login as many accounts as you want using incognito windows jsyk
    0DA855

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raf_thfc View Post
    Because with your slower format, you'd get people signing up 5 of their accounts in one team and easily being able to play them all in the time frame, which is basically what makes most of the rest of the combat formats a joke.... and I think the devs if they're handing out unbind stones and timekeepers, aren't going to go that route. If they have any sense anyway.
    I quite honestly believe that you don't understand my suggestion because it wouldn't be a slower format at all.

In my suggestions we would have less tokens but that gets off set by dealing more damage per token and healing more health per token to keep the format as fast paced as it is now.

So instead of dealing the amount of damage/healing per token that we deal now we could deal say 400% as much per single token use.

Effectively making it the difference between dealing say 500 damage per token we might deal now vs 2000 damage per token that we would deal following my suggestion.

Which makes it less tokens to play, same damage/health output, same fast paced battles, no tripping, no blue balling, no roll backs, no time for alts to all login.

(and yes, I realize that this would also require some other tweaking to abilities like confuse, guardian, etc to make it work properly. Also realize that to get to similar damage output it would need to be 2 tokens every 2 minutes rather than just the 1 I originally suggested.)
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 12-12-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I quite honestly believe that you don't understand my suggestion because it wouldn't be a slower format at all.

In my suggestions we would have less tokens but that gets off set by dealing more damage per token and healing more health per token to keep the format as fast paced as it is now.

So instead of dealing the amount of damage/healing per token that we deal now we could deal say 400% as much per single token use.

Effectively making it the difference between dealing say 500 damage per token we might deal now vs 2000 damage per token that we would deal following my suggestion.

Which makes it less tokens to play, same damage/health output, same fast paced battles, no tripping, no blue balling, no roll backs, no time for alts to all login.

(and yes, I realize that this would also require some other tweaking to abilities like confuse, guardian, etc to make it work properly. Also realize that to get to similar damage output it would need to be 2 tokens every 2 minutes rather than just the 1 I originally suggested.)
    ok follow you now, that would be better than what I thought you meant
    0DA855