Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: Constructive views on Colosseum

  1. #11

    Default

    No one has mentioned that the "random" element of Colosseum battles seems to be much higher than in other battles...am I the only one seeing this?

  2. #12

    Default

    I like the starting with 20 tokens concepts and have been advocating 1-hr 100v with more starting tokens and faster token regen (I had recommended to Paddy, then Myrrdin, etc of 15 starting tokens and token regen every 3 minutes during the 1-hr battle which is close to the number of tokens we get in the 2-hr format).

    My view is battlers have to die. I like short battles and hate long, drawn out (or on the side of being farmed), etc. The Slayers had the right concept: Zero out towers quickly and the battle was usually over under 10 minutes and then everyone goes about their normal business.

    Yes, I play Warrior and want my WW splashes. I spent a lot of money on this game and I want defenders dead!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,133
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clintw View Post
    No one has mentioned that the "random" element of Colosseum battles seems to be much higher than in other battles...am I the only one seeing this?
    If by "random" you mean that tokens I used and damage I did suddenly become undone all of a sudden, and then I keep clicking and nothing happens, then yes, I've been seeing that too.

    If you're saying that Intimidates and Evade are more likely to work, for example, then I think the other performance problems need to get fixed before other people will notice such things.

    Overall, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun once the performance issues get fixed.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kaliforniaski, USA
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    You guys realize they are awarding Unbind stones for a mere 5000 points, right? That is a prize worth a serious investment of time and money spent attacking countless Phantom monsters for over 300M damage, so all gripes and cursing can be thrown right out the door when you get a few in your keep.

    No matter how we may feel about the issues this new feature has, we gotta give them props for doing something great that has breathed new life into the game...
    ................................................................................

    my balogna has a first name, it's.....

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellisa The Hun View Post
    No matter how we may feel about the issues this new feature has, we gotta give them props for doing something great that has breathed new life into the game...
    I totally agree with this. In fact, I liked the idea (notice, the idea, not exactly the result) so much, that I even bought the promo so I could have coins&crystals enough to spend in health essence, a 3*** Syren and a few more pvp things that I thought I would never go back to again. I was happy with my monster hunter focused life, but hey, this awoke the small pvper in me!

    Edit: some of the things in my opening post were a bit outdated because I used part of a text I had prepared previously, but not published. Didn't change it so it could reflect my first questions and reactions.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-24-2018 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I like the starting with 20 tokens concepts and have been advocating 1-hr 100v with more starting tokens and faster token regen (I had recommended to Paddy, then Myrrdin, etc of 15 starting tokens and token regen every 3 minutes during the 1-hr battle which is close to the number of tokens we get in the 2-hr format).

    My view is battlers have to die. I like short battles and hate long, drawn out (or on the side of being farmed), etc. The Slayers had the right concept: Zero out towers quickly and the battle was usually over under 10 minutes and then everyone goes about their normal business.

    Yes, I play Warrior and want my WW splashes. I spent a lot of money on this game and I want defenders dead!!
    Got late to a battle. Dropped as many tokens as possible and knew I couldn’t hit as last healthy opponent is a Mage with Enrage. So I used my Daphne alliance: “103 Damage deflected and 16% of your Damage Rune back to the attacker, -20 Damage and 10% of Attacker Damage Rune”. It was basically down to one healthy battler on each side.

    I clearly wasn’t getting damage from the four other stunned opponents — I suspect the last opponent died due to my deflections, etc. My Damage Rune was +828 & opponent’s Dmg Rune was +612. My teammates were stunned so they were ankle biters. It is so important to have a big Dmg Rune going into these battles.

    These battles have to end so we need more tokens otherwise it would have been a long, long stand-off.

  7. Default

    I'm really struggling finding an even match for my character... I am a member of the (Eagles) a Vanguard Ranked Guild... But my character is a mere level 461, I haven't seen any character that I am being placed with under a level 1000.

    Is there a way to get a closer match of contest? (other character's of similar level?)

    Is the placement indicative of what guild you are in?

    I am struggling to climb rank because a lot of people's accounts can kill my character in 2-3 hits and I will sink every credit that the game will allow me to spend to occur MAYBE 1000 damage to a single enemy.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alindustrial View Post
    I'm really struggling finding an even match for my character... I am a member of the (Eagles) a Vanguard Ranked Guild... But my character is a mere level 461, I haven't seen any character that I am being placed with under a level 1000.

    Is there a way to get a closer match of contest? (other character's of similar level?)

    Is the placement indicative of what guild you are in?

    I am struggling to climb rank because a lot of people's accounts can kill my character in 2-3 hits and I will sink every credit that the game will allow me to spend to occur MAYBE 1000 damage to a single enemy.
    I’ve seen a lvl 43 toon on the other side next to a Cleric who is lvl 2,200. So I agree with you the Dev need to find a way like Arena to have a gauntlet (where you are SOL) and separate matching for under lvl 700.

    My first hit as Warrior is for 800 Dmg (using Grombeard) and my second hit is in the 1,100 Dmg range (I switch to Jera) so people like you are stunned within the first two hits.

    As for matching, I use Single each time and get matched right away and have been the highest level in my team. I don’t believe your guild has anything to do with the placement for “Single”.

    I like the 5v5 format when playing with complete strangers because it forces you to rely less on established team battle tactics. You have to TRUST your unknown teammates are going to do the right thing and have good battle IQ.
    Last edited by Batw; 11-24-2018 at 08:34 PM.

  9. Default

    I hit the event running, I have have placed myself outside of my own parameters early in the event. But, I have never had the opprotunity for an offensive victory (which is fine.)

  10. Default

    Fun but absolutely useless. Can't drop a single token. Extreme tripping and time lag. What's the point of a battle if player can't even make a hit? This has been an eternal problem. Why can't CA improve at this front?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •