Thread: Colosseum Information - Updating the wiki article

Question Colosseum Information - Updating the wiki article

Hey guys!

The wiki article for the Colosseum has been updated and a lot of info has been added already:

https://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Colosseum

Many things remain unknown or uncertain for now however.

So I'm writing this thread to ask questions And also if you feel like smth is missing in the article feel free to mention it (or edit the article) of course!

My questions currently:
    • How many tiers are there in Platinum and Diamond?
      I'm 99% sure it's 4 tiers in Plat (starting at Plat IV, since if you lose there you go back to Gold I), however on the leaderboard yesterday there were people Plat VI (but no one Plat V). So it was probably a weird display error.
      And today there are people on the leaderboard who are Diamond VI, but no one is Diamond V. So is it again a display error? Are there 6 or 4 tiers in Diamond? Or maybe 5 and Diamond V is mistakenly displayed as Diamond VI? Because another player told me he is in Diamond VI currently.
    • In Bronze and Silver, 3 stars are required to move up a Tier. In Gold, 4 stars. In Platinum and Diamond, do you need 4 stars as well? Or 5?
    • If you've bought stuff from the shop, can you confirm there's no limit to the number of items you can buy?
    • Do Hero Crystals bought from the Colosseum shop count towards Campaign tasks?
    • I never lost a star in Bronze and Silver when losing matches. Only when I reached Gold, I was "able" to lose stars. I also saw someone dropping from Gold IV to Silver I 3 stars. I think I saw him dropping again to Silver I 2 stars but I probably dreamt that. Did it work the same way for you guys?

Some vocabulary to make sure we're on the same page:
    - "Ranks" are Bronze, Silver, Gold etc.
    - "Tiers" are Silver I, Gold IV, Gold III, Gold II, Gold I, etc. Basically ranks within Ranks.
    - "Stars" are... well, what is required to move up a Tier (1 win = 1 star)

=> For instance in Silver, you need 3 stars to move up a Tier. You start Silver at Silver III with 1 star. 3 wins to go to Silver II (with 1 star), 3 wins again to go to Silver I, 3 wins again to reach Gold IV with 1 star. So in total 9 stars/9 wins to go from the beginning of Silver to Gold.
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-22-2018 at 11:13 PM.

2. Default

If you've bought stuff from the shop, can you confirm there's no limit to the number of items you can buy
    I spend 500 and i bought a Refine crystal and in shop is still available another refine crystal

http://prntscr.com/llwwek

Quote Originally Posted by Thodoris View Post
    I spend 500 and i bought a Refine crystal and in shop is still available another refine crystal

http://prntscr.com/llwwek
    Thx for the info
    Hero Crystals and Unbind Stones just became so much easier to obtain.
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-24-2018 at 10:12 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Thx for the info
    Hero Crystals and Unbind Stones just became so much easier to obtain.
    You have heard from others then who have bought those items?

I'm asking because a refine crystal is not a hero crystal nor an unbind stone.

Just because one item can be bought multiple times does not mean that others can be assumed to be in unlimited supply as well.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post

Just because one item can be bought multiple times does not mean that others can be assumed to be in unlimited supply as well.
    No but they are all displayed in exactly the same way. I know you're going to say "it's Gaea", but it's also Gaea who did Caverns of Time and the way the rewards were displayed, you clearly knew how many you could purchase for each reward. I don't think there are differences in the amounts you can purchase for each item.

Also I've been following pretty much the whole conversation on Discord (and one forums) since the introduction of the feature, and I think it's rather fair to assume that if the "purchase" button had been grayed out after a purchase for any item, someone would have talked about it.
    Furthermore, I believe that if you can buy 2 of any of those items, you can buy any amount. It could have made sense to be able to purchase only 1 (but then the rewards would need regular updates, because the prices are low and some people would have bought all of them in 3 weeks). But being able to purchase 3, or 5, and then suddenly you can't buy them anymore? That wouldn't make sense according to the currently available information to me, and usually for stuff like this Gaea is not bad.

All in all, I'm not 100% sure all items are purchasable limitlessly... but I'm 99% sure of it.

If I had to bet, I'd definitely bet all items are currently purchasable limitlessly (I say "currently" because rewards may be changed or their prices updated in the future, who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post

I bought an unbind stone, and the item doesn't disappear nor go gray in the store. Seems as if I can buy another if I ever get enough honor points again.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

7. Default

When it comes to CA you will want to refrain from making assumptions about anything.

Bad experience in the past have taught me that much.

That said... guildies confirmed that both SP and unbind stone remain for sale after purchase.

Enhance crystals and refine crystals -probably- are too but I haven't seen that confirmed.

No word yet on time keeper.

Edit: and Murs shares the same experience as my guildies. Double confirmation FTW.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 11-26-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Colosseum ranks are weirder than I thought.
    Bronze, Silver, Gold are rather simple: Bronze and Silver have three tiers with three stars each, Gold has four tiers with four stars each.
    But Platinum starts from rank VI with five stars, and from there jumps to rank IV (again with five stars). Seems like rank V is skipped, ie. there should be five ranks with five stars each in Platinum and lowest of them just is misnamed.

ping @GhostBrotocol (I hope you do daily search of forum about mentions of your nick)
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    Colosseum ranks are weirder than I thought.
    Bronze, Silver, Gold are rather simple: Bronze and Silver have three tiers with three stars each, Gold has four tiers with four stars each.
    But Platinum starts from rank VI with five stars, and from there jumps to rank IV (again with five stars). Seems like rank V is skipped, ie. there should be five ranks with five stars each in Platinum and lowest of them just is misnamed.

ping @GhostBrotocol (I hope you do daily search of forum about mentions of your nick)
    Yes from the info I've gathered that's exactly how it works, in both Plat & Diamond there are 5 tiers and Plat V & Diamond V are displayed Plat VI and Diamond VI in the web version of the game (apparently on iOS they are displayed correctly).