Thread: Colosseum Match Making

Default Colosseum Match Making

maybe should change how you group people in single with only people within 500 attack and defense too each other , if condition not met players within 500 levels of each other , and if those conditions are not met then just pair people available as you're doing now. I see many low levels that I am not being paired with that we could have a better match with yet only getting people over 1000 all the way to 3000 some times , so it doesn't seem like match making is following any reasonable pairing at all from what I'm seeing. Teams are teams so they will just be paired on other teams , and available only so there is less complex search for your system if it can even handle that I don't know. As for how battle tokens are given out I won't even bother figuring that one out with all the crying people make about changes when things are clearly flawed.

The help section in-game states: "We will arrange similar-tier opponents for you".

Your tier (i.e. Bronze II, Platinum IV, stuff like that) is most likely the first thing taken into account for the matchmaking. Which makes sense.
    However since the feature was very recently released, there are some high level and/or very strong players still in Bronze or any other low rank/tier.

If the tier is really the most important factor for the matchmaking, after a few weeks you shouldn't face super high level players in Bronze anymore, or rarely.

That's my current hypothesis.

As to whether this is a good thing... Personally I think it is. If people are matched based upon stats only (for instance), then anyone, even very low level players, could reach very high ranks, which doesn't sound fair to me. You're stronger, you've been playing a lot more since a lot longer... You should be able to reach higher ranks. The current issue to me however is indeed that you can get completely demolished even at the lowest ranks. But if my hypothesis above is right, it should become less and less of a problem with some time.

3. Default

You act like lower level players don't deserve nice things.

We have put in the work to make and maintain a character. Not as long as some, but there is no reason to cap them out of obtaining some of the finer pieces of the game. Ultimately, that is what would keep a character around long enough to compete with some of the bigger players. I'm not complaining, but merely stating that we lower level characters have a place in the game too, we have all been here, hopefully some newer blood will follow up and continue to make new profiles to keep the fire lit.

I'm currently in the Gold Tier ranked ~500 @ level 461.

Quote Originally Posted by alindustrial View Post
    You act like lower level players don't deserve nice things.

We have put in the work to make and maintain a character. Not as long as some, but there is no reason to cap them out of obtaining some of the finer pieces of the game. Ultimately, that is what would keep a character around long enough to compete with some of the bigger players. I'm not complaining, but merely stating that we lower level characters have a place in the game too, we have all been here, hopefully some newer blood will follow up and continue to make new profiles to keep the fire lit.

I'm currently in the Gold Tier ranked ~500 @ level 461.
    Ofc you deserve nice things as well And with this feature, even if you lose almost every battle, you can still be in silver and earn 4800 Honor Points per week very easily, which is almost 1 Unbind Stone per week and 1 Time Keeper per month. You can even reach 5k+ points rather easily because if you're at Silver I 3 stars with 4800 points, when you'll get a win you'll earn 200 points by reaching Gold. Then even if you drop down a rank you'll be able to repeat this several times by playing long enough and you'll be able to reach 6k points a week, I believe. But this would take quite some time if you lose a lot.

Even some good players lvl 2k+ struggle going past Plat (max 7200 pts/week), and with my mini level 170 I can reach 4.8k pts per week easily, 6k pts by playing a lot. I'm not sure that's even fair.

And if you say "You act like lower level players don't deserve nice things.", then you haven't understood what I wrote in my previous post.
    But ofc, I think it would be completely silly if someone level <500 could actually reach Gladiator (unless if he has been playing since the game was released and has the biggest BSI seen on earth). It just wouldn't make any sense. All players deserve nice things, but players who have been playing thousands hours more and since several more years maybe deserve a bit nicer things, don't you think? (or in the case of Colosseum, the same nice things but more quickly).

5. Default

I guess I misunderstood the whole situation.

I assumed that your character was maxed at their 4.8k @ Silver or 6K @ Gold.... permanetly.

So, these points amass..... like every week? You mean I just might get a Time Keeper?!

But seriously though. I wasn't trying to be derogatory or try to be ugly towards you. We are all in this great battle together.

See you on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by alindustrial View Post
    I guess I misunderstood the whole situation.

I assumed that your character was maxed at their 4.8k @ Silver or 6K @ Gold.... permanetly.

So, these points amass..... like every week? You mean I just might get a Time Keeper?!

But seriously though. I wasn't trying to be derogatory or try to be ugly towards you. We are all in this great battle together.

See you on the battlefield.
    Alright

Yes I believe they do amass, otherwise no one could get a Time Keeper since the weekly limit for Gladiator, the highest rank, is 10800 points, which isn't enough for a Time Keeper.

So yeah I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get a Time Keeper! Unless they change rewards every week... But that would be weird.

7. Default

I started this week with 0/6000 points... and I have 6000 points in the store.

I think I'm in love. Now, if we could fix the connection issues. I think we have a winner here folks!!!

8. Default

Here's a GREAT suggestion for anyone who plays cleric in single battle (or team for that matter). If you are going to play as a cleric, then put cover down on your team mates! Rez on everyone but warriors, fortitude on warriors, and get your mass heal on or change class! I am already tired of being put with clerics who all they do is hide behind Katherine or another defensive general and make ZERO attempt to help their team. If you aren't strong or fast enough to cut it as a cleric, play another class, or go work on your builds/load-outs until you can trely help your team in Colosseum. Too many really bad clerics are making many of us unable to level up or lose points continuously.

I grow tired of those inactive in Colosseum, it's like they opt in and never return...