Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monkey king in monster hunting alliance

1. Default

Barbarus, Dolomar and Monkey King is the way to go

Im using a Layla, Kang and Monkey King, sometimes i switch out Monkey King for Barbarus for increased damage

Quote Originally Posted by Luciffer View Post
    Barbarus, Dolomar and Monkey King is the way to go

Im using a Layla, Kang and Monkey King, sometimes i switch out Monkey King for Barbarus for increased damage
    I agree; my hunting alliance is also Barb - Dolomar - MK

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I agree; my hunting alliance is also Barb - Dolomar - MK
    Thank you for the information.

I don't wish to use 3x stamina attacks. I suppose Barbarus's X% extra damage still applies even if he's not the main in the alliance...
    Last edited by starbearer; 11-06-2018 at 04:44 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    Thank you for the information.

I don't wish to use 3x stamina attacks. I suppose Barbarus's X% extra damage still applies even if he's not the main in the alliance...
    Whats good about the 3x attacks is that when you do damage on the monster the party is only damaged as it was hit by 1x attack, so this saves energy on healers for the monster. Whats the best thing about multi attacks is that when you have a small amount of xp to level up and alot of stamina left, you want that Barbarus or Orc King in there.

Whats good about the 3x attacks is that when you do damage on the monster the party is only damaged as it was hit by 1x attack, so this saves energy on healers for the monster. Whats the best thing about multi attacks is that when you have a small amount of xp to level up and alot of stamina left, you want that Barbarus or Orc King in there.
    Plus the 3X helps with farming essence; after enough hits, every other hit drops essence so you know when to stop to be essence efficient.

Barbarus also has +1% CH gear

I do use Orc King, and Maalvus, depending on how much stamina I've left when close to levelling up, but I limit X power attacks to those. The energy to heal doesn't bother me, since most modern monsters don't use an abysmal amount for healing anyway.

Most times I prefer single hits, since I'll get more clicks with same amount of stamina, and so more chance of critical hits and more chances of farming crystals or powders.

Alright. I take your point. Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.

As for Barbarus, I got some free chests off the event just concluded. Maybe try for Makelus? If I don't get it (most likely), I'll give Barby a go.
    I've been always told that nothing is better than a high level Malekus for hunting due to his impressive stats, but that was before Monkey King (I mean, there was room in alliances once you had chosen a +damage general and a +crit general). Rolling Vanguard chest makes sense in terms of IA bonus, but I wouldn't focus on Malekus (in the end it is high unlikely you will get him)
    My advice remains the same (Barb, Dolomar, Monkey); if you play daily as a Hybrid or Monster Hunter, you'll get enough free FPs to take that build to five stars on the first 2.

Most times I prefer single hits, since I'll get more clicks with same amount of stamina, and so more chance of critical hits and more chances of farming crystals or powders.
    Rune essence drops each 120 stamina spent (past the first hits) so it might make more sense for you to attack in batches of 2x30.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-06-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I've been always told that nothing is better than a high level Malekus for hunting due to his impressive stats, but that was before Monkey King (I mean, there was room in alliances once you had chosen a +damage general and a +crit general). Rolling Vanguard chest makes sense in terms of IA bonus, but I wouldn't focus on Malekus (in the end it is high unlikely you will get him)
    My advice remains the same (Barb, Dolomar, Monkey); if you play daily as a Hybrid or Monster Hunter, you'll get enough free FPs to take that build to five stars on the first 2.
    You're right. I didn't get him, on any of my 8 rolls, nor anything else either. Such a shame. Anyway, that's Makelus over now.

Rune essence drops each 120 stamina spent (past the first hits) so it might make more sense for you to attack in batches of 2x30.
    2X30? Maybe power attacks of 3X20, you meant?

2X30? Maybe power attacks of 3X20, you meant?
    Sure, 3x20, I didn't write it properly

My 7 chest rolls went to Vanguard too and all I got were common drops, but at least each one of them was worth a few IA points.