Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monkey king in monster hunting alliance

Default Monkey king in monster hunting alliance

I have Dolomar, Monkey King and Zarevok in my monster hunting alliance, in that order. Dolomar is maxed out, with 5*, with gems etc the critical reaches around 28% at the moment.

Monkey king is 2* (one spare waiting for a companion, maybe some day...) at level 69, giving around 5.5% no token use.

I also have Kang, a 2* at present, relatively low level since I wasn't concentrating on levelling him up...

I wonder, given Monkey King's relatively low no token use percentage, and that he's slow in levelling up, whether it may not be more prudent to replace him in the monster hunting alliance with Kang. I'm not sure I see a huge benefit in keeping MK during monster hunting yet... Maybe Kang giving additional critical, going over 30% would be more useful, in the monster alliance?

Zarevok is also 2* level 69, providing over 2k monster damage. I don't think I should replace him with Kang, right...? ( I have low level Sahar, but all my red potions are feeding Jera right now)..

I guess it all comes to know how much attack you have by yourself. If you have enough to stay above thresholds (which I guess you have), the one that should be replaced is Zarevok, at least in a medium to long term.
    To me, Monkey King at 5.5% is nice enough to keep him in.
    With Dolomar leading, at least one more of its allies should be aggressive too, in order to take profit of aggressive bonuses.
    Promoting Kang past 2 stars is time and FP consuming (and unlikely).
    Don't you think you would get better results with Barbarus? If you don't, I would use Dolomar-Kang-Monkey.

I’ve gotten back to back 3x200 stamina (600 stamina total) hits where MK’s buff worked. So that was 1,200 in free stamina or more than 1 full stamina pot.

I heard from people who use OK and gotten free 1,000 stamina hits from MK.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I guess it all comes to know how much attack you have by yourself. If you have enough to stay above thresholds (which I guess you have), the one that should be replaced is Zarevok, at least in a medium to long term.
    To me, Monkey King at 5.5% is nice enough to keep him in.
    With Dolomar leading, at least one more of its allies should be aggressive too, in order to take profit of aggressive bonuses.
    Promoting Kang past 2 stars is time and FP consuming (and unlikely).
    Don't you think you would get better results with Barbarus? If you don't, I would use Dolomar-Kang-Monkey.
    Well, Kang is there now, is 2*, has all his equipment and is at level 20-something. Red potions are going to Jera. Barbarus's X% attack is useful, but he's also an aggressive general starting from scratch, a 3* would require 120FP, which isn't as handy to come by.... Maybe I can look at him.

Is an increased critical chance with Kang enough to offset the 2k+ monster damage loss coming from the omission of Zarevok in the alliance? I assume by aggressive bonus, you meant monster stance, which Dolomar manages on his own, unless there's something to gain by having a higher stance than threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I’ve gotten back to back 3x200 stamina (600 stamina total) hits where MK’s buff worked. So that was 1,200 in free stamina or more than 1 full stamina pot.

I heard from people who use OK and gotten free 1,000 stamina hits from MK.
    I suspect those are the lucky occasions, with MK high up in stars or level. For some reason, unlike in quests, MK gives a lot less in monster hunting, even though, using 50 stamina hits, there are a lot of clicks.

I've tried several times, never managed a 1K no stamina use with OK and MK together. Maybe those with 7-8K stamina can try and get it once in a while...
    Last edited by starbearer; 11-05-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    Well, Kang is there now, is 2*, has all his equipment and is at level 20-something. Red potions are going to Jera. Barbarus's X% attack is useful, but he's also an aggressive general starting from scratch, a 3* would require 120FP, which isn't as handy to come by.... Maybe I can look at him.

Is an increased critical chance with Kang enough to offset the 2k+ monster damage loss coming from the omission of Zarevok in the alliance? I assume by aggressive bonus, you meant monster stance, which Dolomar manages on his own, unless there's something to gain by having a higher stance than threshold?
    By aggressive bonus I mean the bonus from Elite Warmonger Warbanner, Chaos Gems, etc (+x,xx% to Aggressive generals), which translates into better stats for your alliance total. +2K to your attack is usually less valuable than the previous bonus.
    Regarding Kang's gear, it doesn't add anything unless he is leading the alliance, and your leader will be Dolomar due to his 5 stars and full gear.
    I understand your reluctance towards buying a new general, but if you plan to play for long, 120 FPs don't mean that much.

If you stick to what you have, you can test your alliance to see how much damage per stamina Zarevok adds (20 attacks for 10 stamina, discard crits and calculate the average should be enough). Then, compare that extra damage to the +% to crit provided by Kang and you'll have your answer.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-05-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    I suspect those are the lucky occasions, with MK high up in stars or level. For some reason, unlike in quests, MK gives a lot less in monster hunting, even though, using 50 stamina hits, there are a lot of clicks.

I've tried several times, never managed a 1K no stamina use with OK and MK together. Maybe those with 7-8K stamina can try and get it once in a while...
    My MK is 4* Lvl 79 with 9.8% chance of free stuff. You need a MK with lots of stars and high level to maximize chance of free stamina hits. I get free stamina hits all the time, e.g. on a regular basis. I also have periods of droughts where MK is on vacation. lol

8. Default

Curious on the alliance. Do you reach a point in which generals do not make a difference on damage? Like 3 lvl 80 at 5 stars vs lvl 70? I know MK inherent ability keeps going up..just damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    By aggressive bonus I mean the bonus from Elite Warmonger Warbanner, Chaos Gems, etc (+x,xx% to Aggressive generals), which translates into better stats for your alliance total. +2K to your attack is usually less valuable than the previous bonus.
    Regarding Kang's gear, it doesn't add anything unless he is leading the alliance, and your leader will be Dolomar due to his 5 stars and full gear.
    I understand your reluctance towards buying a new general, but if you plan to play for long, 120 FPs don't mean that much.

If you stick to what you have, you can test your alliance to see how much damage per stamina Zarevok adds (20 attacks for 10 stamina, discard crits and calculate the average should be enough). Then, compare that extra damage to the +% to crit provided by Kang and you'll have your answer.
    Alright. I take your point. Thank you for the info. Appreciate it.

As for Barbarus, I got some free chests off the event just concluded. Maybe try for Makelus? If I don't get it (most likely), I'll give Barby a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    My MK is 4* Lvl 79 with 9.8% chance of free stuff. You need a MK with lots of stars and high level to maximize chance of free stamina hits. I get free stamina hits all the time, e.g. on a regular basis. I also have periods of droughts where MK is on vacation. lol
    Unfortunately, the legendary chest gave me a lemon this time with the wrong king, in Wraith King. So my 1 MK remains an orphan for some time.

I'll keep levelling up MK of course, maybe I'll start seeing some positive benefits once it's maybe 7-8%.