Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monkey king in monster hunting alliance

Blog Entries

You ppl need to let a Monkeh get some rest. What I look like? The damn Energizer bunny and ****?
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Curious on the alliance. Do you reach a point in which generals do not make a difference on damage? Like 3 lvl 80 at 5 stars vs lvl 70? I know MK inherent ability keeps going up..just damage.
    On monster damage:
    Quote Originally Posted by thexbob View Post
    CASTLE AGE MONSTER DAMAGE FORMULA:

(200+5.52*(Gatk+Eatk+.3*(Gdef+Edef))+1000*(atk-BreakPoint)^.25)*bonus*(.58*PHlth%Max*PHlth%left+. 42)*stamina

EDIT: (6/2/2015) #33
    With the ballooning of general and equipment stats, I'm finding my estimates are consistently too high. So, I played around today and found this formula - should - be more accurate once a person is sufficiently over the monster breakpoints:
    (225+5.5*(Gatk+Eatk+.3*(Gdef+Edef))+1000*(atk-BreakPoint)^.25)*bonus*(.58*PHlth%Max*PHlth%left+. 42)*stamina

Edit: this is a power function defined on [1,\infty), so minimum damage on a monster can be estimated by plugging "1" in for atk-BreakPoint
    General stats increase damage linearly. There's no cap that I'd know of. Of course relative increase of constant amount is smaller the higher you start from. I don't see any reason to not go for higher monster hunting general stats if I have an opportunity to do it, but given it's mostly about chaos gems there's balancing between Agg Gen Boost and Crit bonus, and against monsters with elemental resistances / weaknesses similarly balancing against damage reductions / bonuses.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

If anyone could clarify, at what level ( and stars later ) can I expect a new and fledgling Barbarus to make a difference in my monster hunting alliance, especially enough to offset a 2% critical increase with Kang (2nd in alliance), who himself replaces a 2k extra damage hit 2* level 69 Zarevok?

Alliance is led by Dolomar at 5* level 80, and a 2* MK at 70 (3rd slot) otherwise completes the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    If anyone could clarify, at what level ( and stars later ) can I expect a new and fledgling Barbarus to make a difference in my monster hunting alliance, especially enough to offset a 2% critical increase with Kang (2nd in alliance), who himself replaces a 2k extra damage hit 2* level 69 Zarevok?

Alliance is led by Dolomar at 5* level 80, and a 2* MK at 70 (3rd slot) otherwise completes the alliance.
    When doing damage 10% or 15% of monster life, Barbarus' ability will overcome +2% in crit by level 14. Or level 5 if promoted to 5*.
    Stats difference may take longer, depending on how high Kang is leveled (ie. how high stats he has).

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    When doing damage 10% or 15% of monster life, Barbarus' ability will overcome +2% in crit by level 14. Or level 5 if promoted to 5*.
    Stats difference may take longer, depending on how high Kang is leveled (ie. how high stats he has).
    Kang is just level 17, but 2*. My alliance used to be Dolomar-MK-Zarevok. I felt I wasn't getting much use off MK in monster hunting, so was asking here if he ought to be replaced by Kang to give a crit boost to Dolomar. I was advised that replacing Zarevok instead with Kang would be more beneficial, but overall Barbarus was suggested as the third, apart from Dolomar and MK.

Before I invested a lot in either Kang or Barbarus (who will be easier to promote since he's an oracle general ), I wanted to know if it'll take a huge amount of time and effort before Barbarus starts carrying his own weight. I still haven't purchased him and I've a ready made Kang, so wanted to be sure about this.

Quote Originally Posted by starbearer View Post
    Kang is just level 17, but 2*. My alliance used to be Dolomar-MK-Zarevok. I felt I wasn't getting much use off MK in monster hunting, so was asking here if he ought to be replaced by Kang to give a crit boost to Dolomar. I was advised that replacing Zarevok instead with Kang would be more beneficial, but overall Barbarus was suggested as the third, apart from Dolomar and MK.

Before I invested a lot in either Kang or Barbarus (who will be easier to promote since he's an oracle general ), I wanted to know if it'll take a huge amount of time and effort before Barbarus starts carrying his own weight. I still haven't purchased him and I've a ready made Kang, so wanted to be sure about this.
    In general, additional ability is better than augmenting existing one. Holds true with this as well: Dolomar and Barbarus have different abilities so transfer fully, while Kang's crit boost augments Dolomar's crit ability at a lowish rate.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

I tried to translate the formula from thexbob to an excel spreadsheet, but I must be doing something wrong because the result is almost 10 times higher than reality.

Can anyone check this example?
    C2 Player Attack 4732
    C3 Break Point 1000
    C4 General Attack 2929
    C5 General Defense 1669
    C6 Equipment Attack 605
    C7 Equipment Defense 515
    C8 Bonus 15%
    C9 PHlth Max % 100%
    C10 PHlth Left % 100%
    C11 Stamina 1

Damage=(225+5,5*(C4+C6+0,3*(C5+C7))+1000*(C2-C3)^0,25)*C8*(0,58*C9*C10+42)*C11

The result provided, rounded up, is:

Damage = 198,519 which is wrong for sure (should be around 20,000 and 60,000)

Edit: to check this it is enough to copy given data starting on A2 cell ("C2" goes in A2, "Player Attack" goes in B2, "number" goes in C2, etc.)

Edit 2: found an error, I wrote 42 instead of 0,42. The result is now 4662,xx which is still wrong. Will review it later, when fully awake.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-09-2018 at 02:02 AM.

An old spreadsheet of mine gives 35,744 damage per stamina with your values.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    An old spreadsheet of mine gives 35,744 damage per stamina with your values.
    Thanks! I'll level up on Sunday and test it