Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is this dragon? - An useless curios question

Default Who is this dragon? - An useless curios question

This.

http://image4test.castleagegame.com/...agon_promo.jpg

Named as "Dragon Whelp" stats 18/18, in the Units section of a player at level 206 owning a Time Keeper also.

I can't find it on Wikia or any place, don't recall to have seen the artwork either, so I wonder if everyone has ever seen this cute arm-less puppy dragon, protector of eggs. Is he/she going to have a miserable fade from the scenes like Celesta/Edea's equipment items that never popped up?
    Last edited by Ryugirox; 10-31-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

Monster from Dungeon iirc. You're probably looking at a tester account, aren't you?
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

3. Default

My two-week-old mini has it, so it can't be that rare. Don't remember where it came from, though. It just showed up. Quest, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    My two-week-old mini has it, so it can't be that rare. Don't remember where it came from, though. It just showed up. Quest, maybe?
    Same, my recent mini also has it.
    It's actually the first soldier on my list. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    Doesn't exist on my account, and mine is almost 10 years old. So if recent minis have it, perhaps part of a promotion for new players?
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

6. Default

Just noticed that the posted image filename has the word "promo" in it. I guess that's the answer.

Well personally I never bought anything with my mini, so I don't know what kind of promo that would be.

Oh, okay, the source is not clear yet though if non-staff players have it, then there is an official way to obtain it. No miserable fading away for puppy dragon.
    Maybe given for free without notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    You're probably looking at a tester account, aren't you?
    I don't think it makes much difference to know that now, although, when I looked at the keep there wasn't a (Tester) label or anything; are the labels still on?

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

Blog Entries

My recruit has it. I don't remember doing anything to get it. I didn't buy any promos or anything.

I don't have it myself, though.

Looking through the keeps of other people in my guild, it's definitely not a recruit thing because a bunch of people who have it were already too high in level when recruits came out.

People who have it include 3 iOS account with Lands, 2 Facebook accounts with Territories, 3 iOS accounts with Territories (2 of which were recruits). Of the people I checked so far, none of the Facebook accounts with Lands have dragon whelps.

One of the iOS accounts with Lands that has it is the iOS mini that I created on my old iPad. Checking my records, that account already had a dragon whelp way back in 2017-04-10. Unfortunately, that's the earliest set of full inventory records I can find, so it might've existed before that. I remember that I played some Dungeon-like thing on my first iOS mini, so the dragon whelp being a prize from that might've been plausible, but that feature was already long gone when I created my recruit. Recruits were started in 2018, so the dragon whelp is something that was given out a long time ago and is still being given out now.

The dragon whelp also exists in accounts that never quested and never hit any monsters.

Is it possible that the dragon whelp was simply given to all accounts after a certain date as part of the opening story? I have to admit that I didn't read the intro sequence carefully when I created my recruit.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

10. Default

Actually, this unit has been around for quite a while.
    http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...what-what-what

I get by with a little whelp from my friends...