Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Chaos gems: full campaign vs tasks only

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    You might need to use logic to understand the following:

    Legendary gems can only be slotted in legendary gear. If you can’t get legendary gear, then how is game changing? Pray tell.

    You claim "to know for a fact" about legendary gems when you're nowhere near having the equipment to house them let alone have experience of their powere, your opinion on this is therefore speculative at best - that's not a failure of logic on my part just complete misapprehension on your part.
    I'm guessing from the awkward syntax and grammar that English isn't your first language so will take your comment as a simple misunderstanding rather than obtuse ignorance, enjoy your day.......

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    You might need to use logic to understand the following:

    Legendary gems can only be slotted in legendary gear. If you can’t get legendary gear, then how is game changing? Pray tell.
    He just said "to get the legendary kit and gems to go with it".

    Also even without legendary gear, having a good epic gem in every piece of equipment really brings a lot of value.

    Whether gems are "game breaking" or not is subjective, as "game breaking" is pretty subjective itself. I'd say it could mean that it makes previous gear & ingots etc. kinda obsolete as gems can actually bring more value than the gear they are forged on. In this meaning, yes, you could call them game-breaking. Or it could mean there's no point anymore in playing the game if you can't get gems (almost literally game-breaking - in this case I'd say gems aren't game breaking).

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    You claim "to know for a fact" about legendary gems when you're nowhere near having the equipment to house them let alone have experience of their powere, your opinion on this is therefore speculative at best - that's not a failure of logic on my part just complete misapprehension on your part.
    I'm guessing from the awkward syntax and grammar that English isn't your first language so will take your comment as a simple misunderstanding rather than obtuse ignorance, enjoy your day.......
    Dude, you are so confused that it’s not funny. I am speaking about my own experience; it is not an opinion, it’s facts.

    Based on my example, I know for a fact the legendary gems are not game changers (for me) because I am not getting legendary gears (that I want as stated in first post).

    Lastly, thank you for demonstrating that you obviously never learned that the meaning of a word has both denotation and connotation.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    He just said "to get the legendary kit and gems to go with it".

    Also even without legendary gear, having a good epic gem in every piece of equipment really brings a lot of value.

    Whether gems are "game breaking" or not is subjective, as "game breaking" is pretty subjective itself. I'd say it could mean that it makes previous gear & ingots etc. kinda obsolete as gems can actually bring more value than the gear they are forged on. In this meaning, yes, you could call them game-breaking. Or it could mean there's no point anymore in playing the game if you can't get gems (almost literally game-breaking - in this case I'd say gems aren't game breaking).
    I was addressing the Wilbur part, not the entire whole post.

    Please re-read the part that I originally quote — which was narrow scope, e.g. the role of “over damage”.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I am speaking about my own experience; it is not an opinion, it’s facts.
    .
    As you are speaking from your position of having neither legendary gear nor legendary gems you're knowledge of both can only be anecdotal at best and fantastical at worst.
    Anyway, useful info from this thread appears to be over, so scroll on by.......

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    As you are speaking from your position of having neither legendary gear nor legendary gems you're knowledge of both can only be anecdotal at best and fantastical at worst.
    Anyway, useful info from this thread appears to be over, so scroll on by.......
    graeme: your problem is simple, you donít understand logic.

    When someone makes an assertion, and here it applies to Wilburís assertion of ďgame changingĒ, we use the scientific method of falsifiability.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

    Basically, if I can find one example that negates or refutes Wilburís assertion, then Wilburís assertion is false. In fact, I can find 5 examples since I have a main, two miniís and two Drones that will not get the necessary legendary gear. I have proved Wilburís assertion to be incorrect five times.

    I am not responsible if people like graeme canít understand logic as it applies to assertions or theories.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I was addressing the Wilbur part, not the entire whole post.

    Please re-read the part that I originally quote — which was narrow scope, e.g. the role of “over damage”.
    And I was addressing what you answered to graeme, that's all.
    i.e. this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Unless you're in the legendary payband your opinion on these things is purely hypothetical surely?

    A legendary toon will wipe the floor with an epic toon, because they have put in the time &/or $$$ to get the legendary kit and gems to go with it - I thought that would be obvious?
    You might need to use logic to understand the following:

    Legendary gems can only be slotted in legendary gear. If you can’t get legendary gear, then how is game changing? Pray tell.
    graeme's statement obviously shows that:
    - he's aware you need legendary gear to use legendary gems
    - he's aware it's extreemely time & money consuming to get legendary gear

    Yet you answer him: "Legendary gems can only be slotted in legendary gear. If you can’t get legendary gear, then how is game changing?".
    Which has I said, he already knows.
    And yet, you're being very arrogant/condescending and passive-aggressive in your answer: "You might need to use logic to understand the following".


    Why the hate? How is it useful?
    Note that even if you were right, it's still a jerky way to talk to people, and won't make them respect you nor make them believe what you say is more true, simply because you're being disrespectful to them.

    And that's why people answer to your posts the way they do.
    But you may know that already - maybe you're deliberately looking for conflict. And in that case obviously, my post won't help.


    Edit:
    And while I was writing this post, there it is again:
    "your problem is simple, you don’t understand logic."


    Edit 2:
    Sorry about off-topic.
    Last edited by gogoo; 10-31-2018 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #18

    Default

    I would like to re-focus this again with an example about one of the things I had in mind when I started the thread:

    Rat glove (Legendary Deathgauntlet): 38/35, 3 slots, +75 pierce.
    vs
    Shiny Glove: 120/95, 3 slots, +120 pierce, +200 divine power.

    Both are Legendary gear. In terms of raw strength, Shiny glove is clearly better in every aspect. If we factor in time, stamina and availability, Rat glove is way way easier to get; so easy that any f2p player can get it no matter his/her build.
    I guess many of us will agree on the previous statement.

    Now, unless we spend a moderate amount of money (or a lot), we can't get both Shiny Glove and Legendary gem in a reasonable amount of time (being reasonable an open concept, I know), so we have 3 options for our offensive glove:
    1.- Go for Shiny glove and leave gems as a side task which will take way longer,
    2.- Go for Deathgauntlet and spend the stamina and resources on hard campaigns in the hope to get a fast good legendary,
    3.- Forget about both legendary gem and gauntlet, sticking to good free gauntlets like Sandworm Gloves with a good epic gem.
    Is point 2 better stamina-wise in terms of final outcome? As Elandal said, there are lots of factors involved (build, goals, etc.) but I would like the discussion to stay positive and constructive so it could be useful for more than myself.
    Back in time I would provide excel sheets with data on average stamina per epic gem, time involved and so on, but I don't have the time to do it and the crew that used to provide me with feedback/data has been disbanded.

    Note: People do not need to own Legendary items of Legendary gems to share their opinion IF they read their powers in the wiki and make the maths.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    Given Shiny Glove and Glorious Amulet require Chromus legendary alchemies which again require two of each Astaroth alchemy, they aren't close targets to anyone. Chromus legendaries require enough stamina that you could do one of everything up to Astaroth (so including Thanatos Reborn) with less.

    Chaos Gems are far easier to get. If you have to choose between full Hard campaigns and going for Phantom alchemies, I'd say do the campaigns.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

    Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •