Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster hunting gear

Default Monster hunting gear

So now I have 3 extra legendary chaos gems with %crit damage boost to monsters but no where to put them. Kinda sucks all the hunter gear is epic.

2. Default

None of the Monster Hunting gear comes with pierce/Elemental offense or defense and Legendary chaos gems should have a better than 2% Crit chance chance, so use other equipment as your new "Monster Hunting" Gear.
    Or are you like me with a legendary gem and no appropriate legendary item?
    I'm getting close to my first Legendary, but it is offense (Astaroth Blade) and I recently got my first Legendary Chaos Gem BUT I got a defense Legendary gem, so I guess I'm starting on Sam's Helm of the Dragon-God now

2% crit is still a lot it adds up. I don’t need anymore pierce or resist for monster hunting. The monster hunting gear is by far the best equipment for monster hunting. Just sucks can’t use any legendary gems on them. I have these great legendary gems but no where to put them for monster hunting my pvp and def loads are already maxed on gems and legendary gear.

Maybe you could use rat gauntlet for one of those gems? It is not that hard to get (specially for someone who already has 3 legendary gems)

Still, Deathgauntlet with Legendary monster crit gem cant beat MH gauntlet's crit (with an Epic MH crit gem on it).

I think, thats what OP says.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    Still, Deathgauntlet with Legendary monster crit gem cant beat MH gauntlet's crit (with an Epic MH crit gem on it).

I think, thats what OP says.
    Ahhh, I suppose I haven't checked the difference between the ranges of the Epic and Legendary Crit Bonuses available with Chaos Gems, but I had assumed that the Legendary would be at least 2% higher cap than Epic, but that may not be the case. It would be logical, maybe, but that's not always that Castle Age way

Legendary gem can have more than 2% higher Aggressive General Boost. That might or might not mean more than a percentage point in crit. I think Legendary gem goes more than 1% higher in crit too, but don't have upper end data for either Epic or Legendary gem yet.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

8. Default

Didn't want to start a new thread so here goes:

Which one is better: (a) +2% crit or (b) set that adds 100atk and 80def?

+2% crit would bring me to 12% crit. My money is on raw stats but I just want to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dayrep View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread so here goes:

Which one is better: (a) +2% crit or (b) set that adds 100atk and 80def?

+2% crit would bring me to 12% crit. My money is on raw stats but I just want to make sure.
    It all depends on how much Att/Def you already have. But unless you are really really squishy, +2% crit will usually be better in my opinion.

Edit: if you provide some background about your build, generals, goals, etc. you might get more accurate feedback.
    Last edited by Barathor; 11-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    It all depends on how much Att/Def you already have. But unless you are really really squishy, +2% crit will usually be better in my opinion.

Edit: if you provide some background about your build, generals, goals, etc. you might get more accurate feedback.
    Lvl 326
    Atk 1560
    Def 1155
    Stam 400
    Nrg 200

My Dolomar has 8.26% crit. Depending on who I link him with (Maalvus or Slayer or both), I can raise it as high as 9.75%.

Either wat, I sacrifice Dolomar's stats and his Stance if I were to focus only on crit.