Thread: Cannon and Wall

Default Cannon and Wall

Hi guys, do you know how the expressions for describing the toons stats Cannon and Wall were born? Do you know the person who invented them or is it a sort of canonic definition for games?
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I recall the use of these terms from my early days, back in 1992-1996 when I played role games. It was common in my group to enter battle with "walls to the front", referring to heavily defensive pumped paladins; we also used to refer to Mages as glass cannons*, for their powerful spells but little to none defensive power in close combat.

So, short answer, these definitions have existed long prior to this game.

*: funnily enough we even used the English term instead of the one in our main language. I don't know, maybe we read it in some imported material for D&D or Rolemaster
    Last edited by Barathor; 09-15-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I recall the use of these terms from my early days, back in 1992-1996 when I played role games. It was common in my group to enter battle with "walls to the front", referring to heavily defensive pumped paladins; we also used to refer to Mages as glass cannons*, for their powerful spells but little to none defensive power in close combat.

So, short answer, these definitions have existed long prior to this game.

*: funnily enough we even used the English term instead of the one in our main language. I don't know, maybe we read it in some imported material for D&D or Rolemaster
    Thanks for clarifying this matter
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Pang did it.
    Chimæra

Hey, I learned something new. Thanks. ��
    ................................................................................

my balogna has a first name, it's.....