Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expand the new Mystic Emporium

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Expand the new Mystic Emporium

This is a good idea in theory, but to see just one out of six options as a purchase-with-gold mechanism is a bit depressing. Especially since these FP-purchase items are not any kind of a deal.

I'd rather see these items only change once a week instead of once a day, and provide some minimal savings from what the item would typically cost elsewhere. What is so mystical about making Vanathan or Kanbe available in this feature at the full 30FP cost? What's mystic about that, exactly?

I have no idea if the cost for the other stuff is worth it. Is three refine crystals really "worth" 40 FPs? I can drop 150 stam for three refine crystals in a World Monster. I'm certainly not spending 20FPs on blue evolution crystals either, and only on an unlucky red crystal days could I use two stam refilled (20FPs) and not get more than 3 red crystals to drop.

I love the idea of having a new place to get certain things that use Gold, and a combination of Gold/FPs seems like its reasonable. But right now one item daily with Gold is a snoozer, and the items for FPs seem pretty overpriced. Expand the market to 12 items, 4 being items you can purchase with Gold, and either improve the payout or the range of items bought with FPs (or provide a discount). If you're worried about people getting too much good stuff through this feature by using Gold... well, think about it as an investment into improving your Avg Daily User numbers, right?

If that suggestion isn't good enough, I welcome others to add theirs. Right now, though, this doesn't work well enough in its current form.
    Last edited by CastleAgeBrock; 09-10-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Boot Me Gently
    ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

2. Default

Supposedly the mystical part about the general offers is that they ignore the 12 copies cap the oracle imposes. Unsure is whether this actually means that we can promote generals beyond 5 stars if we are lucky enough end up with enough additional copies but that question has been asked to Gaea. Personally I'm still wondering about the mystical -and- the free part about 30 FP "free roll" items but hey... what do I know.

That said, I do agree that the mystical emporium should be improved though. The prices absolutely seem way too high and too few items use gold.

An idea I had was to maybe have each item have two prices instead of one. Make it have both a gold and FP cost with the user choosing which one to pay. That way those who have gold to spare will be able to burn through it while those who do not can still buy the stuff for FP when they run out of gold. For this to work we would of course need to see some serious slashing of FP prices. Those 40 FP refine crystals for example should have a single digit FP cost, not a double digit.

In the long run even the older players will run out of gold if the emporium is run right. At that point Gaea would be in the position to rework our gold income across the board to something uniform that actually works rather than this lands vs territories mismatch. That would make gold a viable currency in this game again. Of course by then I would suggest exactly what you suggested, to renew the items in the emporium only once a week. Perhaps with limited refreshes available for FP.

I also like the idea of expanding the list of items available from 6 to a higher numbers. I think it should be at least 9 but 12 could also work for sure.

All in all I think that the mystic emporium has potential and I think that a lot of us will have ideas on how to improve it.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I think Barathor said it was 100% confirmed that we could promote generals beyond oracle copies

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Σ– View Post
    I think Barathor said it was 100% confirmed that we could promote generals beyond oracle copies

Only if someone has done it in the game already, since we haven't gotten official word from GAEA yet.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

seriously reaper run out of gold? that is never going to happen: 67650719215711 in the bank. and 3471990050 coming in each hour :-)

6. Default

If the emporium was run properly, with every item available at a price in gold, and an expanded number of items as badger suggests, yes.

Consider that they would need to come up with a value in gold for things like generals, chest rolls, etc. I can see those easily costing half a trillion to a trillion in gold each. Those kinds of numbers add up quickly.

The only thing that Gaea would need to is price things at such a way that your spending would outpace your income.

Alternative they could simply move us all over to territories, fix whatever issues that system has, let us keep our gold and let time take it's course.

At that point it would still not be instant, it would still take a while, but yes, eventually you too would run out of gold.

And why shouldn't you? People asked for years for a useful way to spend gold. This could be it.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 09-12-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

i will love to have it be like that.i will love gold to have a value. problem is it is never going to happen. Gaea has kinda show that they only thing in fast money, and they will of course not make any fp/$ from me before my ingame money are spend if i get a choice of buying for gold instead of fp. they simply do not have the time for waiting for players to spend gold

Quote Originally Posted by CastleAgeBrock View Post
    This is a good idea in theory, but to see just one out of six options as a purchase-with-gold mechanism is a bit depressing. Especially since these FP-purchase items are not any kind of a deal.

I'd rather see these items only change once a week instead of once a day, and provide some minimal savings from what the item would typically cost elsewhere. What is so mystical about making Vanathan or Kanbe available in this feature at the full 30FP cost? What's mystic about that, exactly?

I have no idea if the cost for the other stuff is worth it. Is three refine crystals really "worth" 40 FPs? I can drop 150 stam for three refine crystals in a World Monster. I'm certainly not spending 20FPs on blue evolution crystals either, and only on an unlucky red crystal days could I use two stam refilled (20FPs) and not get more than 3 red crystals to drop.

I love the idea of having a new place to get certain things that use Gold, and a combination of Gold/FPs seems like its reasonable. But right now one item daily with Gold is a snoozer, and the items for FPs seem pretty overpriced. Expand the market to 12 items, 4 being items you can purchase with Gold, and either improve the payout or the range of items bought with FPs (or provide a discount). If you're worried about people getting too much good stuff through this feature by using Gold... well, think about it as an investment into improving your Avg Daily User numbers, right?

If that suggestion isn't good enough, I welcome others to add theirs. Right now, though, this doesn't work well enough in its current form.
    I agree, that's reasonable.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Since I started playing again this year they have done a good job in slowing down my progress in a good way adding enhance and this mystical emporium , only problem is it doesn't help at all going against established players already to put to use anything you get, and the gold items are basically a free gift to anyone who isn't stuck with territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Σ– View Post
    What I said was that a friend of mine bought the 13th copy of a Barbarus (or Dolomar, don't remember right now and doesn't matter) and in the monthly general's tab it appears as 13/12 with no possibility to buy more from there.
    This took me to think they can be promoted beyond 5stars with copies form Mystic Emporium, but I don't have proof yet.