Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new monster

Blog Entries

I got a little bit more of an explanation on how all of this is going to work.

Each round of chemo is roughly 4 weeks. 5 days of meds, followed by a week or so of recovery in the hospital, where I'll basically be crashing and building back up, then maybe 2 weeks at home. Then start it all over again. Coming home depends on how well I am at the time, and how close it is to my next round.

We will be doing 2 rounds of chemo to start, then a PET scan to see what's happening with the tumors, and how well the chemo is working on them. At that point, we can adjust meds as needed. But I'm probably looking at a minimum of 4 more rounds of chemo after the first two.

So this is probably going to take about 6 months starting now.
    ~VoV~

Sucks to hear, man. Sending a siege assist your way.

3. Default

Best of luck! My mom did 4 rounds and cancer free a bit over 5 years now..tough road though but gets better.

Blog Entries

I have honestly had very few symptoms of being ill at all. My mom passed away June 4th, so I mostly blamed my fatigue on the grief and depression.

But when the first symptom of pain hit, and it wasn't something normal, then I knew to get to the emergency room. Apparently, the last time I was in (The thread I made about waking up and having to pee), I had contracted lyme disease, but wasn't tested properly.

So it has been weakening my immune system all this time, while my lympnodes have been trying to fight it off. And I do have a couppe of the precursors for lymphoma anyway, growing up around agricultural chemicals and having mono as a child.

Last weekend, I had my first "tumor fever". My body was fighting a nonexistent fever, I had chills, and the sweats just like you do when you break your fever finally. I realized that the "fever" was my electric heating pad. So we won't be doing that again anytime soon.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 08-25-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

So after 39 days in the hospital, I am being released out into the wild again for a few days. Looks like round 2 will begin on Wednesday night, so I am a free monkeh until then.

And now I'm shedding, so finding my way back shouldn't be a problem.
    ~VoV~

6. Default

Bumping this because I believe that Nate deserves to have this stay on the first page as an active topic.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

How nice of you LR, now is that B52 that's back?

all the bestest monkeh

Bumping this thread.

"Gentleman, we have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic monkeh. Nate will be that monkeh. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster. Also programmed with 1001 insults for every occasion."

And you can bet that I am surely not going to do it for only 6 million. Bah.

Nate, you will be better but we might just bankrupt the entire healthcare system, just for you. Hope you appreciate it.

Seriously... Have seen this in family. Hang in there Nate!
    PS: I think that we will keep Nate on the first page also.
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 09-12-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

I think Nate already had more than enough insults in his repertoire, only improvement I would make is to have him log on more often, stay safe prez