Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new monster

Blog Entries

Default My new monster

So, as some of you already know, I have been in the hospital since the first of the month, trying to figure out wtf is wrong with me,

Today, the results came in. Lymphoma. One tumor on each kidney, and a small one in my head. Not the best birthday present I've had, but I am glad to finally have results, so that I can move on to what's next.

And what's next is chemo. I'll be staying in the hospital throughout treatment, and a few days after. So another 2 to 3 weeks.

The prognosis is good. I expect to make a full recovery and to once again be cancer free soon. But we're gonna have to watch my lymph nodes regularly afterwards, to make sure I stay that way.
    ~VoV~

2. Default

Ick.

That's the kind of stuff I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. :[

Hope you beat it quickly.

The place isn't the same without you tossing flaming poo at people.

(On a side note. we need to polish up the reputation of the word "soon". In this place and in this context the word "soon" could be considered quite offensive.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

3. Default

So sorry to hear that, but happy to hear that the prognosis is good. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

4. Default

Oh bummer! Best wishes for a quick recovery!
    * Stealth Moderator *

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery, you can do this. We'll continually rally behind you over the omnipotent interwebs.
    ................................................................................

my balogna has a first name, it's.....

best of wishes for a nice fast win in that "monster" battle.

Blog Entries

I had mono as a kid, and my lymph nodes have always been kinda screwy ever since. Like if I got strep throat, my armpits would swell up too.

I'm gonna be following traditional chemo treatments, along with my normal medical marijuana. I'm able to adjust the mj as needed to treat side-effects and pain, much faster than dealing with the docs that are really quite stingy with their narcotics.
    ~VoV~

Hopefully everything will be ok, prez

Blog Entries

Today was rather eventful. Had a bone marrow biopsy and the IV port put in. Need a PET scan on Monday, and then we are good to go for chemo, as far as. I know.
    ~VoV~

10. Default

take care.... stay positive