Thread: remove dead players account

Default remove dead players account

it is always sad wenn someone die. but how about removing the accounts or 0 them in stats/skills/items if the guild whants to keep it in guild.most say it for honoring the fallen,if that is the case. it is strange to see death players accounts been aktiv.as account sharing is not allowed.their is no good reason for a death mans account to be aktiv periode.(it is by all means,the biggest prof of PWS,as the creating player is death)

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

How would they verify the person truly is dead ?

i can take most new example: a guy died(sad as it is) guild gets CA page on fb to post how sad it is he is death on the 25 last month( CA must believe he is dead on that date,else do not think they will post it on CA fb page).account stil aktiv on the 28 last month(it is creppy using a dead mans account),and it is PWS plain and simple AND against the rules of the game
    Last edited by hansa; 08-01-2018 at 03:27 PM.

4. Default

You just named the odd one out essentially.

Most people who die won't get honorable mention on Gaea's FB page.

Which then brings us back to zserg's question of how Gaea would verify that the person is actually dead.

Mine you, I agree that dead people should not be seen battling. Just seems rather difficult to deal with it, if not impossible.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

well i see the post on CA page(that is Gaea) as they know and have checked that the man is death(you do not make post like that on an offical page if you are not 100% that the man is death). so either the remove THAT post if they are not 100% he is death(it is just as nasty making that kinda post if you are not 100% the man is death) or lock hes account.
    Last edited by hansa; 08-01-2018 at 03:59 PM.

6. Default

Maybe I just don't like thinking that someone would fake a death for no apparent reason.
    Someone wrote an obituary for their friend and asked if I would be willing to post it. Obviously, there is no way for me to know 100% that this person has passed away.
    As for locking the player's account, I definitely agree that it should be prevented from being used, which is something I am working on.
    Last edited by Ghost Brotocol; 08-01-2018 at 05:25 PM.

thanks you. pws is a killer in this game. and atleast wenn it is public know, that a person is dead the only way that account can be aktiv is by pws. so in my (and alot in my guild) opinion those accounts need to be locked. if any guild whants to keep it in guild that is fin. but it just needs to be inaktiv and not possible to play on it.

8. Default

From what I can tell from the player's Facebook page, it does look like they sadly passed away

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Brotocol View Post
    Maybe I just don't like thinking that someone would fake a death for no apparent reason.
    I'm sorry. People who have played Castle Age for a while can't help thinking of such a thing because it already happened, and we have a general in the game that keeps reminding us.

Once upon a time, there was someone known as Aki (in the game). He started multiple guilds (including Aki's Warriors II) and was a very respected player. He died. Castle Age created a general in honor of him. Some time later, it turned it he didn't die after all. He had faked his own death.

I find it likely that people would have a reason if they fake their own death. However, if someone chooses to fake their own death, the reasons are unlikely to be apparent to most other people until much too late. My impression from the rumors is that Aki just felt bad about needing to quit the game and figured faking his own death would get him out of letting his friends down.

I'm definitely not the best person to relate the story, as I heard from someone who heard from someone else who heard from yet another person. I don't know how many generations the rumors had gone through before they reached me. I imagine other people will supply details if they're wanted.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Once upon a time, there was someone known as Aki (in the game). He started multiple guilds (including Aki's Warriors II) and was a very respected player. He died. Castle Age created a general in honor of him. Some time later, it turned it he didn't die after all. He had faked his own death.
    Yeah I'm aware of the story. I did investigate this one a bit though.