Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Something new on a Treasure Island event

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    When it says guaranteed at 200 chests when does the legendary spin actually start? I would go for it but at this rate I’d need to do hundreds of refills. Averaging 1 chest per 5000 stamina so I’ll need about 1,000,000 stamina to reach it.
    Technically you could get the legendary chest on your first roll, but the chances of that are astronomically low. Chances get better the more spins you do, until the 100% chance at 200 rolls. I have no numbers of the exact percent chance for any number of rolls otherwise.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Drop rates were great in first 12 hours. Then drop rates went to hell......
    Best option is to treat TI as a rollover event - I hit like crazy first day and get 20+ chests then just play as normal when the drops reduce to "sucker rate", save your chests unopened for the next event and just use the daily free chests as they come.

If/when you see a 200 chest prize that you want to go for you'll have probably have 30 chest per rolled over event saved as a head start (I've been saving for 3 events now and will have 100+ chests), gamble is that devs drop the event or nerf saved chests but it's the gambles that give the fun

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    When it says guaranteed at 200 chests when does the legendary spin actually start? I would go for it but at this rate Id need to do hundreds of refills. Averaging 1 chest per 5000 stamina so Ill need about 1,000,000 stamina to reach it.
    When your lucky value is 200 and THEN you spin (so actually at your 201st try), the spin starts consuming a roll as usual, you see your lucky value become 0 again, and lands exactly on the ultimate prize.

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

4. Default

Yay, I knew we would be listened to!

What are the possible generals? I just got Hera. What have others gotten, and has anyone been lucky enough to get one in less than 200 rolls?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    What are the possible generals? I just got Hera. What have others gotten, and has anyone been lucky enough to get one in less than 200 rolls?
    The legendary generals possible should be Layla, Monkey King, Hera, Wraith King, Thane.

Even the magical world of Valeria has proverbs. Here's a saying:
    5 billion damage a day
    Keeps the bad luck away.

7. Default

On the last day (yesterday), the chest drop rate was almost zero for me. I can understand the negative reinforcement meant to get players to buy and use more favor points, but it doesn't work on me. If I'm going to spend 20 favor points, then more than half the prizes need to be worth 20 favor points or more. As a reference point, I can't forget that we can buy a general directly for 30 FP.

That being said, my only goal was to get the 5 hero crystals achievement prize, so it was fun & fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandigerbolls View Post
    On the last day (yesterday), the chest drop rate was almost zero for me. I can understand the negative reinforcement meant to get players to buy and use more favor points, but it doesn't work on me. If I'm going to spend 20 favor points, then more than half the prizes need to be worth 20 favor points or more. As a reference point, I can't forget that we can buy a general directly for 30 FP.

That being said, my only goal was to get the 5 hero crystals achievement prize, so it was fun & fulfilling.
    1. It would help us if you told us how much stamina you used on the last day, what mobs you were hitting, etc.

2. As to decide on whether to spend any FP, you also needed to consider the chest awards based on cumulative "lucky value". As for me, if I was 3 "Lucky Values" away from getting a good cumulative chest, I would spend the FP. What I am saying is when considering to spend FP:
    A) look at the prizes from in the spin (as you have already pointed out)
    B) *also* look at where you are from the next cumulative chest. Your marginal FP gets two values: the prizes from the spin AND the next cumulative prize.

The cumulative prizes are very valuable if you need to level up generals, but the Dev made the gaps towards the next cumulative chest quite large, respectively. And if you are a F2P, you get will the first cumulative if you spun each day during the Event.

9. Default

I was hitting 50 stamina at a time on Agamemnon, which paid off well in the beginning, but petered out as the days wore on. After about 2500 stamina winning 1 spin on the last day, I tried a 200-point hit and scored another spin. But I didn't want to burn through potions for that kind of payout, so I gave up and stopped refilling stamina.

I still got past the second cumulative chest, so it wasn't a disappointment overall -- the event just ended with a fizzle instead of a bang, and if that was the intention of the developers, it's probably more discouraging to players than they realized.

Has anyone ever gotten the ultimate prize before reaching a lucky value of 200?

Edit: And if yes, does it happen often, or most of the time you need the 201 spins?
    Last edited by gogoo; 08-31-2018 at 09:47 PM.