Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I just finished all the quests...what next

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post

The funny thing, related to a thread you opened not long ago, is that this made me change my battle class to rogue for everything (but Earth). If I can't improve my IA with regular hunt, I will buy my way through it with guild coins.
    I don't think rogue is the best class for you to get guild coins:

- In view of your build, you are unlikely to get more than 160 per token.
    - The rate by which intimidate steals tokens is pretty low. I haven't looked at the official numbers, but in my experience it happens about 1 in 10 hits, which means 1 in 20 tokens, or 5%
    - You'd be expected to intimidate clerics with DF or mages with enrage, which you're likely to lose. That means 200 points for 2 tokens. It doesn't always work, sometimes you need to spend 10 tokens to get it off.
    - Being squishy, you're likely to get stunned fast, once stunned you can't intimidate anymore.

As a cleric or a mage, you could ramp up and have a better chance of getting 200 or even 240, making more than up for not stealing tokens. I'd go for cleric, it gives you more options if there's no one you can beat. 135 is better than 100. It's also better for guardian points, it sucks being stuck in LoM as a mage if you didn't change class on time. Being a cleric would also give you good reasons to mine for health rune essence with your abundant energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveline Lems View Post
    I don't think rogue is the best class for you to get guild coins:

- In view of your build, you are unlikely to get more than 160 per token.
    - The rate by which intimidate steals tokens is pretty low. I haven't looked at the official numbers, but in my experience it happens about 1 in 10 hits, which means 1 in 20 tokens, or 5%
    - You'd be expected to intimidate clerics with DF or mages with enrage, which you're likely to lose. That means 200 points for 2 tokens. It doesn't always work, sometimes you need to spend 10 tokens to get it off.
    - Being squishy, you're likely to get stunned fast, once stunned you can't intimidate anymore.

As a cleric or a mage, you could ramp up and have a better chance of getting 200 or even 240, making more than up for not stealing tokens. I'd go for cleric, it gives you more options if there's no one you can beat. 135 is better than 100. It's also better for guardian points, it sucks being stuck in LoM as a mage if you didn't change class on time. Being a cleric would also give you good reasons to mine for health rune essence with your abundant energy.
    In 100v, I generally hit for 160 pts per token. However, because I am in the wall, I use MK in my warrior alliance, and I have a 15% extra guild coin from Chaos gems, I can get about 120 guild coins per battle.

I have been generating guild coins at an unbelievable rate. This has allowed me to buy things that I couldn’t have in the past and like Barathor, I now get to buy things in conquest path that are really expensive.

-In view of your build, you are unlikely to get more than 160 per token.
    I am nowhere a strong pvper, but what bsi can't do, elemental pierce does better. I never get less than 200 per attack, unless I am trying loadouts and face an unexpectedly strong pvp opponent. I would be screwed if it wasn't that way!

You'd be expected to intimidate clerics with DF or mages with enrage, which you're likely to lose.
    Unless the battle is too close, where I would fight for the common good, when I say I hunt for coins, I mean sticking to foes that give me 240 points, no matter if they are under DF/EN or they aren't. I even have a loadout with no damage rune in order to farm longer.

I also think intimidate has a chance of 5% for stealing a token; if we add 5,28% from Monkey King, we get a nice overall bonus which will be later increased thanks to gems with +xx% guild coins. Translated: what would take me 20 days to get, now should take around 17. Not game breaking, but a fair improvement.

Of course, once I am done farming coins or once 100vs100 season starts again, I'll be back to Mage as it has, as you point, more tools to ensure victories against tough opponents.