Thread: 10v10 - Change to determining who wins?

Default 10v10 - Change to determining who wins?

To my understanding, the winner has always been determined by the number of players alive at the end, and a tie is determined by point totals. In the last few days that has not been the case and it seems that point total is determining the winner. This is great for squads of minis and pw sharers, but not good for squads that use strategies to win at the last minute
    Chimæra

Blog Entries

Ooo I remembered the right password, finally

Yeah if this was a purposeful change and not just a bug, then the Devs are feeding us hot garbage. It's like they WANT groups to PW share, so that they can artificially increase their activity numbers. Which if that's their goal, I wish they would own it and say it so I can officially ragequit.

Boot Me Gently
    ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

3. Default

I'll send this into the team. I have seen more reports of this happening in the last few days. Not sure what's going on but I'll have them look into it.

4. Default

Have seen this also but expect its the lag time due to event going on..blue whirl on healing tower but token delayed, game decided then token displays used after battle is decided. In more cases the token fails to register at all..or multiple tokens/hits

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Have seen this also but expect its the lag time due to event going on..blue whirl on healing tower but token delayed, game decided then token displays used after battle is decided. In more cases the token fails to register at all..or multiple tokens/hits
    I thought similarly the first time it happened, as it was a last minute raise getting us back to 10. The second time we were at 10 and the lowest of our health was ~800 at least 30 seconds before the end of battle. We didn't need a quick raise to win.
    Chimæra

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    To my understanding, the winner has always been determined by the number of players alive at the end, and a tie is determined by point totals.
    The winner has never been determined by the number of players alive. It has always been determined by the percent of players alive.

If a squad has 10 very active players and one drops below 200 health, while the other team has only one inactive who's utterly unassailable due to being massive and having some insanely high-level Tora+Daphne+Jera combination, the active squad loses.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    the lowest of our health was ~800 at least 30 seconds before the end of battle. We didn't need a quick raise to win.
    Screenshots?

Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the lag was significantly more than 30 seconds these days.
    Last edited by Falco; 07-24-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Merging other post.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    The winner has never been determined by the number of players alive. It has always been determined by the percent of players alive.
    You are correct. The battles I reference were 10v10, we had 10 and the other team had 9 once and 8 once. Another squad in my guild had the same issue, but they were 7/10 at the end and the other squad was 5/10.
    Last edited by thomasj8; 07-24-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Chimæra

with such a big change it’s lucky there isn’t a new season!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Brotocol View Post
    I'll send this into the team. I have seen more reports of this happening in the last few days. Not sure what's going on but I'll have them look into it.
    Ghost, please revisit this issue with your CA tech team. It is still happening.

Something is wrong with TvT today. Our squad had more Battle Points, and more ppl alive at the end and it still show we lost. We had 9 alive at the end and our opponent had 8 alive. Please confirm that this is a glitch or has CA made change to TvT criteria for win and lost?

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

10. Default

8 out of 8 alive beats 9 out of 10