Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone has records of past meteorites? Where does 200 GM stands?

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    @Falco I'm not going to reply regarding everything in your last post because IMO most of it is pretty far from common sense, and I feel I'd mostly be repeating myself.
    I'm just trying to make an assumption with the data we have, and ofc we lack data and exact numbers, but it doesn't mean we can't make rather realistic assumptions based on it. But these are just assumptions. I'm not saying it's the truth, and I'm not saying it's accurate.

Another interesting piece of data that can be easily found:

If you search "Castle age" on FB you'll find this. Currently 35k monthly active users.

I have no idea if it counts people playing exclusively on web3 and don't even login via FB even once a month. Maybe it does, since you need to create the account through FB, it needs to be linked somehow and maybe FB knows when you're playing on web3. I have absolutely no idea, I'm definitely no expert.
    It also doesn't count iOS accounts I guess, unless you login via FB on the app I'd assume?
    Still an interesting number IMO.

Btw, the definition of an active account is that someone logs into it and that's it. The amount of activity doesn't matter, even though it can indeed be very interesting.
    Sorry, but IT IS NOT COMMON SENSE.

The data you have are people who are active AND participated in the Meoterite event. The data is NOT active players in CA.

Let me give you an example as a corollary. Suppose we wanted to know the number of male on Earth. But the only data available is the number of male who are 6 feet tall (the difference is the 6 feet is another variable or parameter used in statistics). Knowing the number of male who are 6 feet tall does not tell us the number of male on Earth. In the same vein, looking at Actives who participated in Meteorite does not tell us the number of Actives in CA.

You keep overlooking this simple point.

gogoo, you just don’t understand basic statistical analysis (this is much easier to explain with a Venn diagram https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram ).

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Sorry, but IT IS NOT COMMON SENSE.

The data you have are people who are active AND participated in the Meoterite event. The data is NOT active players in CA.

Let me give you an example as a corollary. Suppose we wanted to know the number of male on Earth. But the only data available is the number of male who are 6 feet tall (the difference is the 6 feet is another variable or parameter used in statistics). Knowing the number of male who are 6 feet tall does not tell us the number of male on Earth. In the same vein, looking at Actives who participated in Meteorite does not tell us the number of Actives in CA.

You keep overlooking this simple point.

gogoo, you just donít understand basic statistical analysis (this is much easier to explain with a Venn diagram https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram ).
    Thank you very much for your enlightenment dear Sir. Lmao.
    In all the posts I read from you, you sound very condescending (it's my opinion). It's almost palpable that you believe you're more intelligent than the person you're speaking to (which may or may not be true but that's not the point).
    I'm not saying this with the purpose or flaming or anything, but because damn, it's not a pleasure to be talked to this way. I necer cared for being wrong and I've always liked learning, but there are different ways to tell people your opinion or to teach them smth. So I just wanted to let you know in case you're actually not dong it on purpose, so that maybe you can reconsider your way of talking to people on this forum.
    Sorry for the off-topic.

On topic, I'll just say that NO, I didn't overlook anything.
    The only thing I didn't realize is that the ranking system for Meteorite most likely works in some silly way for people without a gold meteorite (I still don't believe 8000 or more players got only 1 non-gold met, no more no less).
    Otherwise, the number I gave would indeed have given a good idea of of many accounts are currently active, in a more than "just logging in" active way. Which I find interesting to know.
    Because the accounts that didn't get a single non-gold meteorite most likely didn't touch a monster nor did battles/invades for a whole week. And I believe there must not be so many accounts like that. Because hitting monsters is a pretty important part of CA and you need to do it even if you're a PvP build.
    And even if there are accounts like this, these must be some pretty low-actovity accounts, some ininteresting mini of someone otmr smth along those lines.

So I found interesting to know how many accounts were active enough to get at least one non-gold meteorite (I don't know if you realized this but you don't need to actively participate in the event to get non-alchemized meteorites - you'll get a rank anyway). Because that's a very very low activity to earn 1 meteorite in a whole week.

Anyway, I don't feel this is adding much to the debate. I was just giving a simple piece of data so that anyone could draw any conclusion one wanted from it.
    Even though it's not "awesome data", you could feel free to make any assumptions from it. Because you can draw some conclusions from it. I just did. Not saying these are conclusions you find interesting or that these are very precise conclusions.

Like you could draw conclusions from the number of males who are 6 feet tall. If you also know, or have some idea about the percentage of males who are this size, for instance, even if it's from your own experience.
    You can then (more or less roughly depending on the exactitude of data you have - but in that case probably very roughly) estimate the total number of males on the planet. And from there, roughly estimate the number of females.
    Ofc those would be estimates and not exact numbers. And it could be rather far from the truth. But it would give you something, while to begin with you had nothing. And it can still be interesting, as long as you keep in mind it's not precise data.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I'd say that gogoo is right. From all I've seen I think it's common sense that the game has around 30-40k "active" players. If there were billions of players on the ranking list I think we'd have heard from someone over rank 40000 by now, especially as there have been multiple meteorites events, but we haven't.

I'm not sure what the big debate is all about, since this is pretty obvious stuff.

Edit: Btw, I was in between 20-30k before alchemizing meteorites and I had more than 1. I doubt there's any sort of ranking based on other colored meteorites for players without any gold meteorites.
    Last edited by zserg; 07-28-2018 at 05:02 PM.