Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Increase summoning slots

  1. #1

    Default Increase summoning slots

    It's common knowledge why people started creating minis in the 1st place.
    It was because the monster supply was low.
    With increasing power monsters die faster. So the resources are exhausted faster.

    After some level people should be able to summon at least 3 concurrent monsters of each type.
    Whining is not a decent thing to do. But for real life losers whiner = in game winner.

    ____________________________________________

  2. Default

    I'd be happy with such a increase. It makes my questing easier and faster.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimadoniou View Post
    It's common knowledge why people started creating minis in the 1st place.
    It was because the monster supply was low.
    With increasing power monsters die faster. So the resources are exhausted faster.

    After some level people should be able to summon at least 3 concurrent monsters of each type.
    Given that minis were already getting created before monsters were even added to the game I don't believe that your initial argument is correct.

    That said, if the string of events that we have seen over the past year or so has taught us anything then it's that allowing more monsters to be summoned is not a bad thing so I can see your suggestion as a good one.

    The one thing to keep in mind is that Gaea would need to deal with the static monster code thing first.

    If they don't then we would end up with having a single monster code leading to multiple monsters.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    The one thing to keep in mind is that Gaea would need to deal with the static monster code thing first.
    There are ways around that. Not perfect ways, but still ways.
    For one, they could split current monsters into more pools. Eg. move Stance monsters from 101 to 102. Or 201 if they like that more. Whatever. Move Divine Bosses from 1 to 11. Move Divine World monsters from 3 to 31.
    There are many ways to split current groups in such way that most people would actually see it as being able to summon more monsters. Only thing that could not be done with this is allowing more than one of a same monster at a time.

    Then there's the way of adding new monsters that are exactly the same as the old ones. Change summon popups (both the Energy and Item ones) from having one Summon button into having three Summon buttons. Eg. Lothorewyn can be summoned with Energy or with Item, and is in mpool=101. It would still have first choice of Energy or Item but the popup would have three Summon buttons first of which would get Lothorewyn in pool 101, second in pool 102, third in pool 103 (as examples, actual numbers could be different). So now you'd have three multitarget monster pools: 101, 102, and 103, and could summon a monster in each pool independently.

    Obviously both above are just workarounds and redoing monster code system to dynamic unique event codes would be the proper way. Still, if proper way is too hard, workarounds that I would expect to be relatively easy do exist.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

    Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    There are ways around that. Not perfect ways, but still ways.
    For one, they could split current monsters into more pools. Eg. move Stance monsters from 101 to 102. Or 201 if they like that more. Whatever. Move Divine Bosses from 1 to 11. Move Divine World monsters from 3 to 31.
    There are many ways to split current groups in such way that most people would actually see it as being able to summon more monsters. Only thing that could not be done with this is allowing more than one of a same monster at a time.

    Then there's the way of adding new monsters that are exactly the same as the old ones. Change summon popups (both the Energy and Item ones) from having one Summon button into having three Summon buttons. Eg. Lothorewyn can be summoned with Energy or with Item, and is in mpool=101. It would still have first choice of Energy or Item but the popup would have three Summon buttons first of which would get Lothorewyn in pool 101, second in pool 102, third in pool 103 (as examples, actual numbers could be different). So now you'd have three multitarget monster pools: 101, 102, and 103, and could summon a monster in each pool independently.

    Obviously both above are just workarounds and redoing monster code system to dynamic unique event codes would be the proper way. Still, if proper way is too hard, workarounds that I would expect to be relatively easy do exist.
    True enough.

    Thing is though that either way you slice it, Gaea would need to do some work.

    Maybe it's just me but if you have to do some work anyway, I would just choose to do it properly instead of working around "limitations" like that.

    They would be killing two birds with the same stone as well because it would effectively end the whole invading monsters nonsense.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    Given that minis were already getting created before monsters were even added to the game I don't believe that your initial argument is correct.

    That said, if the string of events that we have seen over the past year or so has taught us anything then it's that allowing more monsters to be summoned is not a bad thing so I can see your suggestion as a good one.

    The one thing to keep in mind is that Gaea would need to deal with the static monster code thing first.

    If they don't then we would end up with having a single monster code leading to multiple monsters.

    You think that some random people here and there creating 1-2 minis with their relatives accounts on FB was big deal?
    No. You are wrong. Th main reason people started creating dozens of minis was to supply serpents/dragons/skaars.

    Fixing the static monster problem.. Maybe just add an extra factor to it (for example: Row 1-5) and add that digit to the end of the code.
    Last edited by dimadoniou; 06-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Whining is not a decent thing to do. But for real life losers whiner = in game winner.

    ____________________________________________

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimadoniou View Post
    You think that some random people here and there creating 1-2 minis with their relatives accounts on FB was big deal?
    No. You are wrong. Th main reason people started creating dozens of minis was to supply serpents/dragons/skaars.
    While the reason you state -is- a big reason for why people create(d) alts, it's not the reason why people started to create alts.
    People originally started to create alts to bounce their main account to allow it to both level up and gain PvP points.
    They created so many of them in fact (botted I might add) that it resulted in the devs removing defensive win points from the game.
    Since then the main reason for having alts has absolutely changed and the reason you state is very likely the main reason now.
    It just didn't start out being the main reason.

    I actually didn't intend to get into the details on the reasons for alts because I figured it wasn't relative to the thread.
    I still really don't want to sidetrack this thread with it and I'm sure that you also rather we didn't dive too deep into this.
    Whatever the reason is doesn't change the fact that your idea for more monster slots is a good one.


    Quote Originally Posted by dimadoniou View Post
    Fixing the static monster problem.. Maybe just add an extra factor to it (for example: Row 1-5) and add that digit to the end of the code.
    Too easy to crack.
    Even if we go beyond limiting the extra character to the numbers 1-5.
    Without that limitation the extra character effectively creates 36 codes (26 letters + 10 numbers as options for the last digit).
    Very easy to have a script try them out.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 06-14-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •