Thread: elemental pierce

Default elemental pierce

Anyone know how this works? is it better to have a ton of one type or an even amount of each. Is it better to break all of your opponents resist by a little or just really break one resist type by a lot and forget about the others?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    Anyone know how this works? is it better to have a ton of one type or an even amount of each. Is it better to break all of your opponents resist by a little or just really break one resist type by a lot and forget about the others?
    There's a ton of threads on this topic.

No one really knows how it works. Consensus is that a big break gives more gain than a lot of small ones.

no-one knows

current theory is Elemental pierce is stronger than Physical pierce, but no-one knows. impossible to test, as all pierce is jumbled into a pot and used wholly against your willing victim.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie View Post
    no-one knows

current theory is Elemental pierce is stronger than Physical pierce, but no-one knows. impossible to test, as all pierce is jumbled into a pot and used wholly against your willing victim.
    Whatt! I've only ever heard that physical is stronger... Dont make me get the minis out and try and test this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    Whatt! I've only ever heard that physical is stronger... Dont make me get the minis out and try and test this lol.
    Same. I'm not sure where barrie is getting it backwards from.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Blog Entries

formulas and documentation for what we know are in wiki. physical is 20% stronger in the normal range.. And threshold bonuses mean that having 100 in one elemental is better than 25 in all 4... Best guess formulas, tested as very close are in wiki...
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 05-28-2018 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Same. I'm not sure where barrie is getting it backwards from.
    Who says im getting it backwards? no-one knows

Quote Originally Posted by barrie View Post
    Who says im getting it backwards? no-one knows
    No one knows *exactly* how it works, but we have a general idea. It's all detailed in the wiki.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"