Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Monster attendance listing and damage

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    I get what you are saying. Of course that is why realistically speaking it's better to handle any kind of accusations through proper channels rather than to post it on here. Let the devs sort out what's what. Although I think that we can agree that people would be more likely to do so if they knew that the devs would act on what gets reported. I honestly have no idea what Gaea does with reports that are made. Sadly Kabam has ruined their rep on this stuff even before they had a chance to build one on their own.

Agreed.

Which is why I hope that people will provide us with more evidence of the existence of possible alt armies so that we can present it to GB and have him make the case that a potential alt army exists which may or may not be scripting actions.

Gaea keeps insisting that it's looking to improve performance, this could be a way to prove it.

If meteorite is any indication then we are seemingly down to having a number of active accounts in the tens of thousands. Yet performance is only getting worse. Which could make one wonder if scripting is the cause for that. Mind you, I'm not saying that it is. Just saying that at this point Gaea might benefit from looking into that possibility. Any kind of information or evidence will help them with that.
    I'm still convinced that their entire focus is on selling. Time will tell on that one (at least if it sells). As such, I only expect them to increase the push for players to use and create alternate accounts.

I suppose that is what has really pushed me into the not caring zone. The development team's active incentivizing of this historically fraudulent activity. I'm only sad, I suppose, that I was curious enough to give it a shot (and thereby increase their numbers).

I have no hopes that any new team will be able to improve on the broken and flawed project of fixing the game, and I fully anticipate new efforts at generating revenue.

So, maybe we've gotten to the point where (like pay to play(ers)) we thank cheaters for keeping this going. What a crazy set of circumstances.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I think you missed the part where people in the forums always demand (for lack of better word): show us more _______.

The "privately providing" is so absolutely worthless that I completely ignore it.

All we have in the forums is discussion (for lack of a better word).

The dilemma alluded to earlier is that:
    damned if you do:

If you provide all the information that the forum appears to require in order to make the ironclad case, then it is a witch hunt.

damned if you don't:

If you do not provide all the information that the forum appears to require to make the ironclad case, then it is mud slinging.

[As for the discussion of what an army of alts can do, it still seems the greater issue presented is cumulative, that when combined with other details of cheating (like scripts) they pose the greatest problem.]
    So far as I understand....when you report "cheating" to the mods complete with evidence.....what happens then? does it go to ghost and then to devs? What procedure has gaea listed so far? This is just to sate my curiosity....

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    So far as I understand....when you report "cheating" to the mods complete with evidence.....what happens then? does it go to ghost and then to devs? What procedure has gaea listed so far? This is just to sate my curiosity....
    Nothing happens. You may or may not get lied to first. You may or may not be told that ______ is happening, or that it has been forwarded on. But nothing happens.

Sorry I can't offer more details, but I do get the cheating that was reported confused with the other numerous issues I tried to deal with.

But, nothing happened to any of them no matter what I was told by GB or anyone else.
    Last edited by Da Wimsta; 04-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    There are three ways to report cheating.

1. You send it to the mods. The mods then send it to Ghost who in turn will send it to Gaea.

2. You send it to Ghost. Ghost will send it to Gaea.

3. You send it to customer support. They should report it to Gaea.

There are two main things to consider here.

1. Reporting to customer support may be more effort than you are willing to put in given that they have trouble understanding basic English.

2. Reporting to Gaea via the mods or Ghost does not guarantee action taken by Gaea but does guarantee that the issue is explained properly to the devs.

Sadly I have no idea what Gaea does with these reports once they receive them, if anything at all. What I do know is that when it comes to evidence, Gaea will be very picky. They have to be if they want to ensure that they don't accidentally ban innocent players.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    There are three ways to report cheating.

1. You send it to the mods. The mods then send it to Ghost who in turn will send it to Gaea.

2. You send it to Ghost. Ghost will send it to Gaea.

3. You send it to customer support. They should report it to Gaea.

There are two main things to consider here.

1. Reporting to customer support may be more effort than you are willing to put in given that they have trouble understanding basic English.

2. Reporting to Gaea via the mods or Ghost does not guarantee action taken by Gaea but does guarantee that the issue is explained properly to the devs.

Sadly I have no idea what Gaea does with these reports once they receive them, if anything at all. What I do know is that when it comes to evidence, Gaea will be very picky. They have to be if they want to ensure that they don't accidentally ban innocent players.
    Ghost said he sent my issue with other players (with proof) to Gaea. Weeks later he said to contact support.
    I've literally given up on there being any enforcement in the game. I won't share my password but I'm happy to exploit anything anyone can point me to because screw it why should I be honest and lose ground against many other abusive players.
    There's no sense of community among top guilds and it's a joke. Those gms with blinkers on can't even see they are part of the reason the game is in decline

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Yes, I've already seen accounts suspended or banned before. I still have the keep links of 2 actually.
    The cheating was extremely obvious though.
    Banned: Lvl 82 King with 122 battles won. Got Eternal Alystra (from Arena VI)
    Suspended: Lvl 0 (yes 0) Earl with 145 000 battles won (& 4k battles lost). I think the devs may have put the account to lvl 0, but in my memories, he was a very low level (<100). I had a mini around this lvl back then and encountered these guys in Arena. IIRC the Account Suspended also had lots of items that he definitely couldn't have obtained at his level. But now he has nothing so the devs must have removed them from his account. I may remember wrong though.
    When Tass was still around, he and the "then" Dev did monitor for cheating or "abuses" such as someone leveling up to fast or a toon with an insane Health that anchored a gate during guild battle. Obviously, people complained.

When the account was banned, the in game name was changed to "Account Banned", the level was not reset but it was obvious to the rest of us that the toon had its SP's reset but was able to keep the gear and runes, etc.