Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monkeh's General studies

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Ok. Thoughts on The Butcher are posted.
    Question for you on The Butcher: Does his abilities work defensively in conjunction with Tora/Daphne? I tried this combination with The Butcher but from the attack log, I could not tell if The Butcher contribute anything defensively. Note: I did check on the hp to make sure it was within the range that The Butcher suppose to work.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Blog Entries

I really have no way to test that. I'm in the keep, so I don't even have a defensive loadout anymore. But since I've never seen the message for it comw up when attacking anyone with Butcher active, I would say no.
    ~VoV~

Zurran, Muse, & Alexandria
    Up to a +500 Damage Rune, Splash damage can be boosted with Damage Rune generals as well as these dedicated Splash Damage generals. Over +500, the only way to increase Splash damage is by levelling & promoting this trio of Splashers, and having them all in an alliance.
    This is not a good alliance for most players. Taking the five healing generals to at least level 5 each provides a great benefit, but the same cannot be said for the mage splash generals. To maximize damage, you have to greatly level up all three of them. Instead, use at least one damage general with a mage splash general. The damage generals will boost your damage rune which in turn boosts your splash damage. There may be a point where the splash generals are better, but most of us aren't reaching that point any time soon.

Meekah's boost to Confidence begins after the original ability's initial 5 steps, but since hot-swapping generals within an alliance can be time consuming, I recommend keeping Meekah as Second Link in an alliance with a Damage Rune gen as Master and Primary Link. If you only have one Damage Rune general, you can use a Piercing gen to give you better reach.

Deshara enhances the Rogue's passive damage bonus by +40 damage at level 4. Though she does scale with higher levels, there is no boost to damage rune included. That said, she is solid as the Secondary Link with Damage Rune gens as Master & Primary link, likely providing much more total damage ro the equation that a 3rd dmg gen, if you even have 3.

Aethyx & Jessika the Jester both increase Poison duration. Aethyx also increases the damage when that poisoned target is hit, while Jessika gives a chance to also poison the primary target's neighbors.

Dominus provides a boost to Backstab/Ambush, though that ability can only be used on a target with full health.

With proper Guild coordination, Rogues having a loadout that includes Poison & Backstab/Ambush and an alliance of Aethyx/Jessika/Dominus would be most beneficial. Otherwise Aethyx/Jessika/ and a dmg rune or pierce general works well too. Since Aethyx provides a larger poison duration, he needs to be the Master here, with Jessika as Primary Link.
    Because of rounding, it doesn't matter which general is first in an Aethyx/Jessika alliance until Aethyx reaches level 20.

Also, because it's difficult to go back and forth changing your alliances during battles, it may be a good idea to have different combinations of generals for different tasks. You may want Aethyx with Jessika and Dominus for one thing, but then want to change Dominus for Deianira latter. Instead, use Jessika first with Aethyx and Deianira. Two loadouts for different task with different, but similar, alliances.

There may be other occasions where you don't want to break up an alliance, yet still want something similar where it benefits to have to of the same kind of general so that you can switch things up by using a different alliance.
    Last edited by Iswald; 05-12-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

I think this is sorta what Wilbsta is trying to do in another thread. I need to work on other generals apparently.
    ~VoV~

6. Default

Excuse me for hijscking this thread but should I get Excelsior? Seems like an awful waste of guild coins for a single hero.

Blog Entries

It is a lot of coins, but Excelsior gives bonus health if he's equipped before any Guild Battle begins, so can be quite handy. I don't have him, but I do have a nicely levelled and promoted Oberon and only play Warrior.

For classes other than Warrior, the only real boosts to hp are Dienara with Festivus Sword, Vincent, and Excelsior. In that order, because Dienara has to be equipped as Master for the Festivus Sword's boost to count.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 03-18-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    ~VoV~

It is a lot of coins, but Excelsior gives bonus health if he's equipped before any Guild Battle begins, so can be quite handy. I don't have him, but I do have a nicely levelled and promoted Oberon and only play Warrior.

For classes other than Warrior, the only real boosts to hp are Dienara with Festivus Sword, Vincent, and Excelsior. In that order, because Dienara has to be equipped as Master for the Festivus Sword's boost to count.
    I think you forgot The Time Keeper which is free and gives an even bigger boost than those 3 generals combined (at level 4).

So I guess the best is TTK + Excelsior + Vincent in that order?
    Or Deianira - TTK - Excelsior maybe? If your generals are low level, probably.

@Fluffy Bunneh in case you don't know, you don't have to have the HP booster generals equipped during the fight, you just have to equip them before it starts. Then you can switch to another alliance and your max HP remains boosted.
    Whether the boost in HP in GB / Colosseum is worth your coins is only up to you.
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-18-2019 at 03:04 PM.

they is also health rune boosting generals in chest for raisng health before battles: sylphora is one of them

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I think you forgot The Time Keeper which is free and gives an even bigger boost than those 3 generals combined (at level 4).

So I guess the best is TTK + Excelsior + Vincent in that order?
    Or Deianira - TTK - Excelsior maybe? If your generals are low level, probably.

@Fluffy Bunneh in case you don't know, you don't have to have the HP booster generals equipped during the fight, you just have to equip them before it starts. Then you can switch to another alliance and your max HP remains boosted.
    Whether the boost in HP in GB / Colosseum is worth your coins is only up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    they is also health rune boosting generals in chest for raisng health before battles: sylphora is one of them
    I see. Thank you for the advice, everyone. I'll look into these.

One more thing, if it's alright: how do I set a default defensive general? I have Daphne and would like to use her while I'm away (from the game).