Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Defensive Generals for Monster Hunting

Another year without any new Oracle heroes. Four generals we did get: Beastmaster, The Time Keeper, Chen and Hera. Two are defensive, but neither directly helps with monster hunting. (Hera can prevent elementals and such from interfering.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iswald View Post
    Another year without any new Oracle heroes. Four generals we did get: Beastmaster, The Time Keeper, Chen and Hera. Two are defensive, but neither directly helps with monster hunting. (Hera can prevent elementals and such from interfering.)
    I haven't read through the whole thread - but are Defensive heroes really that important for monster hunting? The Stance bonuses from the Damage bar are so much better than the bonuses from the Crit bar. And you're also going to lose out on probably quite a lot of damage by using defensive generals to hit instead of aggressive ones.

I suppose if you're a really well organized group, and 1 or 2 players are designated each time to hit with def generals to increase the Crit bar bonus, it might be more beneficial overall - but personally I never find myself in such a situation. And even then, the overall bonus for each player would be rather small I think - though I haven't done the math.

The Ultimate Mode can be pretty nice, however it only lasts 2 minutes (from what I've seen reported - and my experience also suggest that's it's extremely short). It's actually pretty damn hard for everyone to benefit from it - if 10 players are trying to get their damage in during these 2 minutes, everyone's is going to trip a lot. And then both bars go back to zero. Pretty harsh. IMO +50% damage for 30 minutes is usually better.

Investing in a second, defensive, Monster hunting alliance sounds like a huge waste of resources to me.