Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The most ridiculous things

Ever notice a funny definition of lifetime in the free lifetime map upgrades from TomTom?
    Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

2. Default

AT&T misleads customers by updating phones with fake 5G icon

So it begins

(btw... the irony of the top section of that page being an ad for t-mobile has not escaped me.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Your prescription is going up again this year. Yes, we moved out of Ohio and now make it in China, but still it costs us just soooooo much money to make the medication. We are working diligently, but sometimes cost increases are beyond our control. Suck it up partner.

www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/health-care-industry-spends-30-billion-year-marketing
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 01-08-2019 at 06:42 PM.

5. Default

Obviously they didn't consider shipping costs.

Have you been to the post office recently? It's crazy!
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

6. Default

So.... in a twist of fate the major carriers are all bashing AT&T for lying to their customers about 5G.

T-Mobile even went as far as to demonstrate how to get 9G on an iPhone!

I have to say, I wasn't expecting them to lash out like they did, especially since they did the same things in the past.

But hey... who am I to complain when crap that is thrown at a fan is catapulted back into the face of the people who flung it to begin with? :P
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 01-09-2019 at 04:08 PM.

7. Default

Samsung Phone Users Perturbed to Find They Can't Delete Facebook

As if I needed another reason to not buy Samsung phones.

Deleting FB is literally the first thing I do to a new phone.

Did the AT&T CEO just say Fraud on the Public Makes Me Smile? - - -

www.theverge.com/2019/1/9/18175566/att-communications-ceo-fake-5g-e-complaints-response-ces-2019

9. Default

Yes, yes he did.

He also seems to be mistaking "damn you lying scum!" for "damn they beat us to it".

10. Default

Facebook has been paying teens $20 a month for total access to their phone activity

This is freaking scary.

Another prime example of why deleting the Facebook is the first thing I do when getting a new phone.