Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The most ridiculous things

1. Default

Crashes probably could have been prevented if Boeing had actually instructed pilots on the changes they made to make the 737Max fly.

They didn't inform them because Boeing considered the changes non essential in terms of knowing how to fly the plane.

Sadly, they were horribly wrong.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 06-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

^^Mission critical anti stall system that runs off of one sensor equals a Fracking Bad Idea. The "upgrade solution" will require that two out of two sensors say stall for the anti stall to kick in. Still, not a great solution.

The minimum number of sensors for a critical system should be three. All three need to agree for normal system operation. If 2/3 agree, system can function with a RED critical "Service Needed!" display alert. Any more sensors fall out, a RED critical "System Fault! Non-Operative" display alert.

Even with the improved two sensors, this critical system is not fail safe enough for me. We need three sensors.

This thing has already killed people and destroyed TWO planes. And, someone at accounting is still trying to "minimize costs!"

Last edited by Rev Sim; 06-10-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

3. Default

I absolutely agree on the sensors part.

That said, I believe that not telling anyone about these system changes was the bigger mistake.

One pilot guessed that there was some sort of sensor malfunction and was able to get lucky in terms of improvising enough of a solution to make an emergency landing.

If Boeing had informed pilots of the changes then first off all people would have said what you just said, but if fter that they -had- taken off in those planes they would have been aware of the change and may have been able to adjust enough to either prevent crashes or at least make a more leveled descend instead of plunging to the ground nose first.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

4. Default

First off, shame on zserg for changing the title of this glorious thread!

Boo on you good sir, boo indeed!

(Although I suppose that action in itself was kind of ridiculous)

That said...

Trump would 'take' foreign information on rival in 2020 election

It's not an interference, they have information, I think I'd take it. If I thought there was something wrong I'd go, maybe, to the FBI - if I thought there was something wrong.
    Kind of contradicts with:

Asked if he thought his son should have called the FBI when he received one such email in 2016, he said: "Give me a break, life doesn't work that way."

Now, I'm not entirely sure whether listening to someone would constitute a crime even if at the very least it borders on foreign interference in the election process. What I do know is that we literally just finished an investigation into almost literally this exact scenario and anyone up for election should have the smarts to realize that it's better to stay as far away from this scenario as humanly possible lest it lead to -another- investigation on a similar subject matter.

My gripe here isn't that the man would like to listen to such information mind you. Anyone would be curious.

No, my gripe is that the man apparently doesn't have the smarts to realize that he either -shouldn't- listen -or- that he should take the information straight to the FBI if he -does- choose to have someone listen.

Interference in our election process is not a joke and I don't think anyone wants to see a repeat of the past couple years.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 06-13-2019 at 07:58 PM.

I haz idea. Find two biggest jerks in country. Run them for prez. Tell people they haz choice.

Anyone remember the purple drazi episode of babylon 5?

...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Boeing once again says don't ground the planes.

We Promise the odds of a crash and killing everyone aboard is really, really low.

theguardian.com/business/2019/jun/15/boeing-dreamliner-b787-safety-fears

We start with an unpaid gas bill that leads to a swat raid?

Darn, what happens if you miss a house payment?

Police Agree To Pay Woman $750,000 After Raiding Her House and Killing Her Dog Over an Unpaid Gas Bill

Now, she can buy a McMansion, but will she remember to pay the utility bills?

Back to Boeing who just lost 5 Billion on this single Quarter.

The real questions is... How much money did Boeing save by firing "overpaid" employees and hiring "cut rate" contractors that did not know anything about Aviation?

"This is a defining moment for Boeing. Nothing is more important to us than the safety of the flight crews and passengers who fly on our airplanes," Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement.
    IMO, Senior Boeing staff should be held criminally liable for the deaths they have caused.

upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/07/19/Near-5B-charge-gives-Boeing-largest-quarterly-loss-in-history