Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The most ridiculous things...

1. Default

White House readies panel to question security risks of climate

Happer said on CNBC in 2014 that the “demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler.”
    I have every bit of confidence that this guy has since changed his mind and no longer compares fighting climate change to the f***ing holocaust.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

US tells UK to lower their farm animal standards. It's ok to have to wash your meat in chlorine, we do it.

theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/09/american-food-giants-swallow-the-family-farms-iowa
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Pyrex glass sold in stores since 1998 is just regular glass???

Corning licensed the Pyrex brand to a company called World Kitchen—now known as Corelle Brands—in 1998, and by nearly all accounts, all Pyrex cookware sold in the United States after that year has been made of tempered soda-lime glass. This is where the controversy really heats up.The vast majority of glass products are made of soda-lime glass: window panes, jars, bottles, all kinds of glass. Soda-lime glass is cheaper to make than borosilicate glass, which is undoubtedly why Pyrex started experimenting with it. However, borosilicate glass is not only harder, stronger, and more durable than soda-lime glass; it’s also more resilient to thermal shock.
    gizmodo.com/the-pyrex-glass-controversy-that-just-wont-die

Protip: Look for all-caps PYREX graphics which can either indicate that is vintage or that it’s from Europe, where a company called Arc International owns the Pyrex brand and still makes its cookware out of borosilicate.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

At least 54 cases of shocks tied to no collusion

WTF is this??? They are trying to distract us with the water red herring. The real story is...

A farm, in America, that pays well and where all the locals want to work at??? What happened to the $4/hr undocumented workers that work 12 hours a day, only get paid for 8, and live in substandard housing.

theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/25/california-water-drought-scarce-saudi-arabia

“Everyone wants to be working here,” Jim told me. Not only does the company employ more than 100 locals full-time – as compared with the part-time or seasonal labor found on most farms – and with 401ks, vacation and health insurance, but they also support local farmers by purchasing their alfalfa to add to their bales and ship overseas.