Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: The most ridiculous things

WTF could I add to make this any bit more ridiculous?

businessinsider.com/elon-musk-testifies-low-on-cash-financially-illiquid-report-2019-10

• A filing from Monday written by Unsworth's attorney makes reference to "Musk's sworn testimony that he is financially illiquid," according to Bloomberg's report.
    • Musk is worth $23.6 billion, though a substantial majority of his wealth comes in the form of stock in SpaceX (worth $14.6 billion) and Tesla (worth $8.8 billion), according to Bloomberg.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

2. Default

95% of tested baby foods in the US contain toxic metals, report says

Tests of 168 baby foods from major manufacturers in the US found 95% contained lead, 73% contained arsenic, 75% contained cadmium and 32% contained mercury. One fourth of the foods contained all four heavy metals.
    And this would be how we get people to opt into the overly expensive health care system. Poison them as infants, they'll be your customers for the rest of their lives!

(note... I'm not a fan of CNN links as I consider them to be the FOX of the left. Still... there seems to be an actual report that is linked to so... )
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 10-18-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

^^Reminds me of the guy in Mad Max. The one who was selling the slightly radioactive water.

When Max first enters Bartertown, there is a dude selling "Water, pure water!
    The radiation counter alerts Max.
    Dude responds, What's a little fallout between friends?
    _____

Need to add...

Remember the conspiracy theory that mercury in vaccines are the cause of autism. Oh really?

Cough, Cough, COUGH. How about the mercury, lead, arsenic, and cadmium in the the baby food? All four of these are toxic heavy metals. All four of these heavy metals are confirmed health problems.

May the first nut who wishes to argue this please do a show and tell for us. I suggest starting with the arsenic.
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 10-18-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

4. Default

Yeah... my best guess is that, unlike pharmaceuticals, baby foods are under a lot less scrutiny.

I mean... baby food is supposed to be nothing more than mashed up fruits and veggies with the odd piece of blended meat if you get the more fancy foods?

As opposed to pharmaceuticals that are literally created in a lab.

It's easy to not know about something if you aren't putting that thing under a microscope.

I've always believed that we -should- be skeptical of pharmaceuticals given the nature of the people that produce them. But man... never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that in the country of "but think of the childrends!" we would have to worry about the damned baby food.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 10-18-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

H and I TV has star trek 6 nights a week, 5 hours a day with episodes from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT, in order they appeared on tv originally. Now that's ridiculous binge watching!

https://www.handitv.com/allstartrek/

We are now in month Seven of the 737 Max saga...

theweek.com/articles/873442

This is what happens when we:
    1. Put the Wall Street Bean Counter Mentality in Charge*
    2. Sub-Contract out the design of critical safety systems to the cheapest (foreign) firm found on the internet.
    3. Reduce the FAA inspectors, the FAA oversight and let the market "self regulate."

*Acceptable Loses: The idea that it is "Cost Effective" to go for 90% safety and pay to settle the legal bills from the remaining 10%. If the Legal Loses are less then the cost of additional safety, then you reap higher profits. In this case, the lives of a few hundred people for a higher quarterly profit were an acceptable trade off in the Wall Street world.

8. Default

Target removes all 22-ounce J&J baby powder from its shelves

(Reuters) - Target Corp on Friday became the latest retailer to remove all 22-ounce bottles of Johnson & Johnson baby powder from its stores, after the healthcare conglomerate recalled some bottles because of possible asbestos contamination.
    So... first the baby food turned out to be poisonous, now apparently it's possible for baby powder to be laced with asbestos?

Htf is this even possible?

Maybe we should really be looking at how baby related products are made because right now I'm getting the impression that corporate America hates babies!

We live in a profit driven healthcare economy.

Sick Babies generate a lot more parental $pending and corporate profit$ than healthy children.

Think of the health of the economy.

Ever noticed that Judges tend to get upset when you ignore a court order?

Education Secretary Betsy Devos 'Repeatedly and Brazenly Violated the Law,' Held in Contempt of Court Over Student Loan Scandal

The rare rebuke came after U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim was "astounded" to discover that DeVos and her department continued to chase more than 16,000 former students from the bankrupt Corinthian Colleges Inc. for funds allegedly owed earlier this month despite a 2018 order to stop.

Kim even threatened DeVos with the prospect of jail time after the shocking revelationódescribed as "gross negligence" at its best and "intentional flouting" of the order at its worstóbut the San Francisco judge settled on the fine and the contempt of court finding in a hearing on Thursday.