Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Gems and their Powers in wiki

Default Chaos Gems and their Powers in wiki

Separate thread to keep Wiki Update thread clean.
    Wiki has Chaos Gems' Powers listed with ranges for different gem grades and value ranges as indicated by colours for each gem grade.

As Refine gave us new information about the powers, namely colouring of values, the table has become heavy to edit and busy to read. It was suggested that the table could have just min/max value range and could be expanded to give full colour coded range information. Sounds good to me — basic information available always, then click the power to expand it to full information.

I don't know how to do that. Help with that is appreciated. I know there are tables like that in Castle Age wiki, and will try to find and check how it works — when I have the time to.

If you see something wrong with wiki table or have new information to contribute but don't want to edit wiki directly, you can leave comment in this thread.

TODO:
    • Make the Additional Powers table easier to read.
      Suggested and sounds good: collapse the cells to min–max value range only, expand to full colour coded ranges on click.
      Don't know how to, help appreciated.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryugirox View Post
    Thank you Elandal, as usual. I'll post updates here just because it's easier to read than in wikia's comments.
    Thanks for the updates Updated wiki accordingly.

Energy to Defense (honestly, I'm not sure how the ranges are working here - I did not delete any info)
    Not really sure, but I think that there are two separate ranges, one for energy and the other for defense.

Increase Mass heal
    Rare 4/6% blue
    Epic 5% blue
    I have Rare gem with 5% Mass Heal bonus on purple.
    And Epic gem with 5% Mass Heal bonus on white. Refined it to 6% and it went blue.

Maybe old gems before refining are not always showing correctly?

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Collapsing

I can't figure out how to use it though. Maybe make the ranges a nested table and collapse that?

omg im so glad elandal came back from retiring. with so many other snobs it would be a nightmare to endure this forum
    SPIRITSURGE IS THE BEST <-- commemorating Spiritsurge victory against Romelis in a wager on Meteorite event that took place in 2018 04 04/11

The following are all for Rare gems.

Physical Pierce
    a +20 dared to exist and appear once in my gem, as white of course.
    Guild Coin Bonus
    3.8% to 4.1% are blue
    Additional Health for "Heal" power
    27 is purple
    Balanced heroes boost
    +3.459% is white, while +3.714% and +3.981% are blue, and +4.785% is purple.
    Defensive heroes boost
    +3.15% white, +3.72% and +4.11% blue

-Energy to +Defense
    -32 ene to +71 (and again, +77) def marked as blue
    -30 ene to +68 def blue
    -39 ene to +74 def blue
    -34 ene to +67 def blue
    -44 ene to +75 def white
    -43 ene to +74 def white.
    I really am wondering about this one. I bet it's combined like if it was a sum. (-32)+71 = 39, blue; (-30)+68 = 38, blue; (-39)+74 = 35, blue; (-34)+67 = 33, blue; (-43)+74 = 31, white. Maybe? I have to pay more attention over this. Otherwise I don't know
    Also, despite how many tries I'm giving them, I never get purple. That +110 def marked as purple for Epic gem was probably the one I gave you previously, but I was claiming it for blue actually. So I wonder again if I'm just that unlucky or if there's a more strict limit.

-----

For Epic gems
    Base Defense
    7.2% purple
    Balanced general boost
    5.87% blue

For Common gems
    Health to Heal
    +18 blue
    Defensive general boost
    +1.2% white, +1.44% blue, +2.29% purple
    Last edited by Ryugirox; 01-21-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Collapsing

I can't figure out how to use it though. Maybe make the ranges a nested table and collapse that?
    Thanks, will check later.

-Energy to +Defense

I really am wondering about this one. I bet it's combined like if it was a sum. (-32)+71 = 39, blue; (-30)+68 = 38, blue; (-39)+74 = 35, blue; (-34)+67 = 33, blue; (-43)+74 = 31, white. Maybe? I have to pay more attention over this. Otherwise I don't know
    Also, despite how many tries I'm giving them, I never get purple.
    Maybe. I don't pay much attention to it as to me it's largely just a gem that reduces energy max :/ Guess I'll have to start tracking that better to see if the sum idea works.

That +110 def marked as purple for Epic gem was probably the one I gave you previously, but I was claiming it for blue actually. So I wonder again if I'm just that unlucky or if there's a more strict limit.
    My mistake, fixed.

Wiki updated.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Colour coded value ranges are now collapsed by default. There's [Expand] button in each cell above the min–max range for the value, allowing expansion to full list of colour coded ranges.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

[Expand] buttons removed. Now all min–max ranges in the table cells can be clicked to expand full colour coded ranges.

While this makes the table a lot easier to use, there's the usability issue of people not knowing to click those ranges. Text above the tables says to click on them, but in general we can't expect people to read that text, rather should make the clickable things somehow obviously looking like clickable.

I'll leave that for now. I'm no UI/UX developer…

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

I checked the work out. Very helpful thank you, Elandal. 👌🏼😎
    ⚡️FURY KNIGHT⚡️
    .......lvl 1.5k
    .....2ke | 2ks
    ..367h | bsi 7.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxor The Moonprince View Post
    Add's do not ever affect your BSI.
    BSI is your bragging rights.

Quick preliminary look at my refine results indicates that white (low) values result more often than they would if the value would be determined by single linear random.

Eg. if range is something like 30–69 and only integers, no fractions, and white was 30–44, white would cover 15/40=37.5% of the value range but would still be assigned in refine more than 50% of the time.

Of course it could be that I've just been very unlucky, and a thousand refines later I'll see my results align with the value ranges.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD