Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: REFINE. New "utility"

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    You cannot refine it to a value greater, or lower, than what is normally available for that type of gem.
    There's likely some confusion still, as it seems some powers now go higher than before. Eg. general boosts used to be very low, 2–3%, but now are usually 5–6%. For epic gems.
    It's likely that many gems would get meaningful increase in powers just with one refine. To bring the values to new ranges. Does not mean every power, but many enough that I'm looking at if I should do a "refine round" over those of my gems that aren't spectacular really…
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    There's likely some confusion still, as it seems some powers now go higher than before. Eg. general boosts used to be very low, 2–3%, but now are usually 5–6%. For epic gems.
    It's likely that many gems would get meaningful increase in powers just with one refine. To bring the values to new ranges. Does not mean every power, but many enough that I'm looking at if I should do a "refine round" over those of my gems that aren't spectacular really…
    Higher than anyone had reported before perhaps, but that doesn't mean it's higher than what was always possible. We don't really know what the true ranges for every property and gem type are, as evident by the amount of missing data in the wikia article.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

3. Default

Looks like old gems are removed from the refine list finally

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Higher than anyone had reported before perhaps, but that doesn't mean it's higher than what was always possible. We don't really know what the true ranges for every property and gem type are, as evident by the amount of missing data in the wikia article.
    Something else I might want to add, the color properties when refining gems might not be correct. I have burned through many refine crystals to improve critical stat on gem but it does not goes beyond blue color. While I understand that purple and orange are rare occurrence, however, after so many people reports via wiki, FB, group interactions, I am uncertain if the color code for power stat is correctly pair. The only way to confirm this is with the devs, and of course the general population do not have access to the devs communication.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 01-13-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

So far, my guild has only seen the change in general boosts you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Something else I might want to add, the color properties when refining gems might not be correct. I have burned through many refine crystals to improve critical stat on gem but it does not goes beyond blue color. While I understand that purple and orange are rare occurrence, however, after so many people reports via wiki, FB, group interactions, I am uncertain if the color code for power stat is correctly pair. The only way to confirm this is with the devs, and of course the general population do not have access to the devs communication.
    I refined an epic gem to 2.51% crit strike - which is pink/purple.

6. Default

... burned through many refine crystals to improve critical stat on gem but it does not goes beyond blue color. While I understand that purple and orange are rare occurrence, ....
    You seem t be saying that Critical Hit never goes past blue, but I have one at purple, in one of my epic gems +2.89% chance Critical Strike on Monsters
    but my other gem with +2.331% chance Critical Strike on Monsters shows in blue
    I would figure it changes around 2.5%, just at a guess.

What kind of gem do you have? is it rare?

Because then it would make sense for it to never go past blue....epic to be stuck with pink and legendary with orange....

Common gem can go orange. So can Rare. And Epic. And Legendary.
    Sometimes you're lucky. I was really lucky with first gem I refined, got two powers to purple with just 8 Refine Crystals.
    Sometimes you aren't lucky. After some 30 crystals, not going past blue.

It's not because the gem couldn't go further. It's just luck. But like with everything in CA, it's possible some people are luckier than others. Still no magic in it, just how CA pRNG works…

General boosts got boosted. Not sure on all powers yet, but at least none have been as obvious as general boosts.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Needcoffee View Post
    So far, my guild has only seen the change in general boosts you mentioned.
    I refined an epic gem to 2.51% crit strike - which is pink/purple.
    Quote Originally Posted by cat13 View Post
    You seem t be saying that Critical Hit never goes past blue, but I have one at purple, in one of my epic gems +2.89% chance Critical Strike on Monsters
    but my other gem with +2.331% chance Critical Strike on Monsters shows in blue
    I would figure it changes around 2.5%, just at a guess.
    thank you for your confirmation. i was not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    What kind of gem do you have? is it rare?

Because then it would make sense for it to never go past blue....epic to be stuck with pink and legendary with orange....
    i have both epic and legendary gems, both with either white or blue crit ability, but could not get pass blue color.

Common gem can go orange. So can Rare. And Epic. And Legendary.
    Sometimes you're lucky. I was really lucky with first gem I refined, got two powers to purple with just 8 Refine Crystals.
    Sometimes you aren't lucky. After some 30 crystals, not going past blue.

It's not because the gem couldn't go further. It's just luck. But like with everything in CA, it's possible some people are luckier than others. Still no magic in it, just how CA pRNG works…

General boosts got boosted. Not sure on all powers yet, but at least none have been as obvious as general boosts.

That seem to be so b/c I have not gotten any rare chaos shared from daily spin after 243 days of collection.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

when you get a purple on one of the 3 lists and are about to refine again a confirm pops up. I have never seen orange so If it is out there pls post photo of this