Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maths on Rats. Seek advice.

Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    if you don't want to scroll through the thread; the TLR is that you need to go for the 2 epic drop points for rats to get the expected mark drop rate
    What is the expected drop rate? I was under the impression you and I got about the same rates with you going for 2 epics and me only for 1 per monster.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

Rats hunting is hard for me. However after I am done with svarog IA farming, I may have to proceed to farm Rats soon.
    I am wondering if all the seniors in the forum has completed their IA rat farming?
    I hope to be as efficient as some of the seniors here one day.
    While some of my seniors farms pretty much all the rats available on public.

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    What is the expected drop rate? I was under the impression you and I got about the same rates with you going for 2 epics and me only for 1 per monster.
    for non Bone rate the drop rate for marks should be 10-20%, Bone is >20% IIRC

Yes you are right that I got the expected rate when I switched to going for 2 epics, but before that it was a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by AyameNoop View Post
    for non Bone rate the drop rate for marks should be 10-20%, Bone is >20% IIRC

Yes you are right that I got the expected rate when I switched to going for 2 epics, but before that it was a disaster
    hi was wondering how much stamina did u output to achieve 40m on rats to have 2 epics?
    I tried the other day to hit rats and spent more than 600 stamina on average to achieve 40m. (Some took me 450 stamina, if 50 x 3 crit twice) others took me more than 600 stamina. However, was wondering if 10 x 3 or 50 x 3 is better for rats? ( 50 x 3 is alot of luck factor).

By the way, is it advisable to hit public rats when timer is less than 24h? ( came across a few time, and did not dare to hit, some at even lol 11h)
    Last edited by baoyutaohuagong; 12-28-2017 at 12:52 AM.

According to the spreadsheets, there is no need to deal 40 million, I would stop at 36.3M maximum (with Rodenom, less with the others)
    Regarding attacks, if you want my experience too, I attack with Dolomar x50 stamina or Barbarus leading with x20 (3x20).
    Public rats: I've never seen one failing in the last 3 months (I didn't pay attention more than 3 motnhs ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    5* Kath, not 6* And yes, the Deathmantle is a new addition to my equipment horde. Only took 19 months to get.
    It's amazing what the Deathmantle (and assuming good chaos gems) could do. Murs has a 5* Kath but has the Deathmantle while KittyWhacker has a 6* Kath but no Deathmantle. I hit both Murs & KW with Dolomar and I bounce against Murs but I break KW. The Deathmantle has 3 slots so one would be a chaos gem, the second would be an Electrum, and the third would be a crappy elemental gem. Before elemental gems were junk, and now they have a lot more value after the how elemental gems work.

You are victorious in battle, taking 86 total damage and dealing 1692 total damage to your enemy.
    Rune damage: +684 damage from equipped rune items!
    171 damage from enemy equipped rune items was resisted!
    Batw's guild damage bonus deals an extra 67 damage
    Kitty ☣ Whacker's guild damage bonus deals an extra 4 damage
    Batw's hero power: deals an extra 40 damage
    Your opponents equipped class abilities give them a boost of +3 Attack and +3 Defense!
    Batw inflicts +240 Damage upon Victory.
    Batw inflicts an additional +563 Damage upon Victory on a target with full health
    Batw's BackStab/Ambush damage is increased by 136
    Your opponents Physical Resistance hindered your attack!
    Your opponent resisted your Fire Pierce!
    Your Water Pierce has submerged your opponent!
    Your Earth Pierce has crushed your opponents!
    Your opponent resisted your Wind Pierce!

soooo, based on this thread i should be better on going for two epics (even it's more than 30M damage) versus to 1 epic (not more than 15M damage)?
    for the meantime add me 5E51FD and this
    Pls do not hurt me... coz i know someone who knows someone that knows someone who can hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by dani2000 View Post
    soooo, based on this thread i should be better on going for two epics (even it's more than 30M damage) versus to 1 epic (not more than 15M damage)?
    We don't have a great sample size to compare, but numbers are about the same if you go for 2 epics or 1 in the long run. You'll use a little less stamina going for 1 epic, but you'll need twice the number of rats.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"

9. Default

Just talked to a guildie who has made the gauntlet and working on plate:

B 62 - 39marks, (223 vermin hide)
    V 77 - 26marks, 22 rhp
    O 81 - 27marks, 33 og
    R 95 - 34marks, 28 rl

Note: the numbers of drops include the ones used in the the gauntlet alchemy.
    About 75% of the time they did within 1M of the 2 epic target (3X.y M damage) and about 15M rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dani2000 View Post
    Based only on the ratio stamina spent / reward, it is wiser to stick to 1 epic per rat unless the amount of public rats decreases dramatically (in private rats you'll have to stick to rules)
    If your pvm alliance doesn't rely on monster hunter bonus (Barbarus or Caine), there seems to be no reason to go for 2 epics instead.

If you include Barbarus, Caine or Barbarus+Caine, you save a bit of stamina (you know, you only have to reach the threshold for 100% bonus once each 2 epics, not twice) and it makes less painful to go for 2 instead of 1.

With my build, the only difference is that I spend 60 (edit: 60 on average) more stamina going for 2 than 1+1. This is what I'll do when I start the hunt again for a second copy of each:
    - If I reach 15M and last hit yields essence, I stop there.
    - On any other case, I go for 2 epics.
    Last edited by Barathor; 01-09-2019 at 02:03 PM.