Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Neutrality

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    See what you did there?

The "Obama law".
    We could tell you that frogs will start raining from the skies, that god himself would rain thunder and brimstone.
    You -still- would support the repeal.
    Why? Because... "Obama law".

You represent everything that is wrong with the country quite literally.
    So hell bent on being partisan, so set on "my way or the highway", so blind to the fact that we -have- to work together.
    I'm still trying to decide whether you are acting that way on purpose or whether you are truly that ignorant.

Either way... I don't care. I'm done.
    You clearly lack any understanding of what you are talking about and you obviously couldn't care less.
    thank god.

they said the same thing about lynyrd skynyrd! neil young wrote songs accusing southrons of deplorable behavior, how else do you expect a southern band to respond?

the Skynyrd song, man, see what i did there?

i will admit that anything Obama related is suspect and should be scrutinized, especially when the argument for net neutrality is to free the oppressed peoples. China. What about them apples?

I will also admit I am new to the issue of net neutrality. I hear Obama law and immediately want to repeal and replace!

I'm not out to get anybody to agree and feel warm and fuzzy about it, but all the kerfuffle over ISP's throttling competitors channels, the government interference, the confusing litigation, just makes me want to rant and rant, to write walls of reasonable argument claiming both sides are at fault.

Well, actually it's just to pass the time. I like Trump, and I like the policy we have, the effect of which is stalemate. That makes me 'everything that is wrong with this country' and I enjoy the status, because Trump is gonna win again in 2020!

2. Default

I said that I was done, I meant that.

However, -if- you're interested about what this discussion is -truly- about...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/25/fcc-doubles-down-on-its-dead-wrong-definition-of-how-the-internet-works/

Do with that info as you please.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 11-26-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by ma la king ti ti View Post
    The FCC is going to repeal the Obama law. How much you wanna bet that nothing bad happens afterwards?

I can't watch boxing on the internet, because that content is throttled by the powers that be. I could pay 50 bucks to watch Mayweather online, yes, but that's capitalism.
    I'll take that bet....something bad will happen but we'll never find out...

In spite of the fact that the American public at large is against ending net neutrality, so much so that during the public comment period, we crashed the FCC website, it does not matter what the public wants. The FCC head is going to sell the public out.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    I'll take that bet....something bad will happen but we'll never find out...
    Of course we'll find out.

Lets not forget that the reason -why- these net neutrality laws came to be was because the carriers and providers were starting to look into exactly what net neutrality prevents, the carving up of access to the internet into chunks that they could charge us for.
    There is no doubt in my mind that they'll pick up right where they left off if net neutrality dies.

Mind you, it won't be an overnight thing.
    They will take it slowly, probably not changing anything at first.
    Then we'll start seeing the first "upgrades".
    Perhaps better speeds for streaming netflix, or something like that.
    From there they'll add more packages over time until the public is used to getting their access in chunks.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

We're talking about bad....it's subjective...blocking p*rn would be beneficial to some to others it would be the worst thing that happened to them...

7. Default

well the way i see it is that the liberal media is out to portray trump in the most negative light as possible. thus Pai is a shill, and so forth, that FCC public surveys are the results of bots set up by the Russian hackers, and so on. after reading a bit on my own, i am able to discern that the press likes to paint dystopias as the likely result of repeal of the Obama law. More lies and fake news. More likely is that Pai repeals Title II for broadband, and market forces ensure those dystopias don't happen. It's a stalemate, again, where nothing immediate or drastic happens. Monetization of the internet is bound to happen, and the only question is who among the big players will come out on top. Apple and Google on one side and Comcast on the other.

In the meantime, the free press hopes that the political pendulum swings to the left so they can elect a more politically correct candidate. Sweet Home Alabama, let's hope we can elect Trump for a second term!

Hey, History Lesson. Remember when we paid for our minutes of cell time and for # of texts. Go over and pay big overages? It was not that long ago.

Next web invention. 4 hours of Youtube included in your internet package. Upgrade to the 20 hour package for only $10, 40 hour package for $20, or Unlimited Youtube for only $30 additional per month!

SMS fees are pure profit for the cellular carriers. They're basically free for carriers to send, but they can often cost ten cents or more per message. It costs more to send a text message on Earth than it does to transmit data from Mars. Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 11-26-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Sim View Post
    Hey, History Lesson. Remember when we paid for our minutes of cell time and for # of texts. Go over and pay big overages? It was not that long ago.

Next web invention. 4 hours of Youtube included in your internet package. Upgrade to the 20 hour package for only $10, 40 hour package for $20, or Unlimited Youtube for only $30 additional per month!
    Let's not forget the "lifetime" cost for only $199.99

Well, THAT did not take long!

Comcast hints at plan for paid fast lanes after net neutrality repeal

Comcast still won't block or throttle—but paid prioritization may be on the way.