Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Net Neutrality

Blog Entries

It's ironic that the Republicans are the ones squashing state rights. It seems so un-Republican for them to select Trump as their candidate.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

A little light reading. www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/10/californias-net-neutrality-law-whats-happened-whats-next

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    It's ironic that the Republicans are the ones squashing state rights. It seems so un-Republican for them to select Trump as their candidate.
    And spending money like drunken sailors. (Rather than being conservative with money)
    And making nonsensical emotional argument to defend themselves. (Rather than using a rational logical argument)

Welcome to the Bizzaro World.

Last edited by Rev Sim; 10-03-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    They didn't "select" him.

In fact, they very much tried to -prevent- him from even winning the nomination to the point where it was becoming obvious. In the end they simply had no choice. I mean... they could have been like the Democrats and insisted on the status quo but look where that got the Democrats.

All in all there is plenty that I could accuse either party of but to me the Republican party has always been the party of contradiction. They claim to be all in favor of states rights but the moment it doesn't work for them they are dead set against states rights. They claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility yet wouldn't know how to balance a checkbook if their life depended on it. They claim to be in favor of affordable health care but so far all their plans have pretty much translated into "just don't get sick". They claimed that a president in an election year should not pick a scotus nominee yet have no issue what so ever to have congress confirm one in -their- election year and are in fact rushing one through moments before said election. The list goes on and on.

At the end of the day this is just the same old behavior we've always seen.

Power corrupts.

Nothing surprising about it, just another day in DC.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 10-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

4. Default

Entire broadband industry sues California to stop net neutrality law

Would you look at that. Not a single provider suing, not a few of them suing, but the -entire- broadband industry suing.

If you ever needed more evidence that California is on the right track then here it is.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

But legal experts told The Verge that the effort to remove states from the consumer protection equation rests on shaky legal ground and may only buy the telecom sector time rather than rolling back the law completely.

“At best, (the) DOJ may be looking at a short term victory until the DC Circuit decides the merits of its lawsuit,” Sohn said. Meanwhile, “the California net neutrality law simply fills a gap in consumer protection that the FCC has willingly and happily created,” she added.

It’s a problem of the industry’s own making — a direct result of the multiyear, unrelenting assault on federal consumer protections — and the fight is only getting started.

When you are in power --- spend all money possible on what you want.
    When you are not in power --- criticize the other side for wasting the same money on the things they want.

What does the Doc find funny?

Stories about how large business is going to save about 18% on taxes.
    Stories about how large business is going to spend about 18% more due to tariffs.
    Stories about how large business is going to have to raise prices due to tariffs.
    ---Doc's Crazy Idea---
    How about just using your 18% tax savings to pay the 18% tariffs and not raise your prices?
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 10-03-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...