Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Net Neutrality

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/t...ype=collection
    and so it begins the forcing....I wonder if there will be any backlash...

Pre-determined outcome — Here’s Ajit Pai’s “proof” that killing net neutrality created more broadband

Pai's FCC takes credit for broadband deployments that began under Obama.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

"Does not yet reflect" does he need 20 years of data or something?? makes no sense

4. Default

It makes perfect sense actually.

It's politician talk for "we have no data to prove our point yet but here is data that doesn't prove our point to show that we are gathering data that in the future may or may not prove our point".

Next year, when it turns out that the gathered data also shows that consumers were screwed over that data will be presented as "we have no data to prove that consumers were not screwed over but here is data that proves that they were screwed over presented as if to show that consumers were given more options for their internet services".

Quite honestly... I'm glad that the guy isn't in charge of water and waste services.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 02-06-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Are you implying that the water and waste services is any better?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    Are you implying that the water and waste services is any better?
    I'm implying that if the internet was waste and water then soon you may be charged to be able to flush that toilet in your second bathroom.

That said... New Jersey is following New York and Montana in their stance on net neutrality.

Lets hope that the other states set similar rules.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

^^You know LR. That makes perfect sense.

With cable, you rent a box for each tv.

We should be charging a additional fee for each toilet in a house. After all, if you have 4 toilets you must use more water. We need to tax/fee you to conserve more.

That is the failing with the internet. The cable company should give you a router that connects only to one device. For an additional fee, you can have 2 devices, for an additional additional fee, you can have internet for 3 devices.
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 02-07-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

I hate when websites says they use cookies to ensure the best navigation experience and I wait for hours with my glass of milk and there is no F****** cookies!!!

10. Default

Just wondering does burning more sweet beautiful clean coal saves global climate warming? According to a certain Scott of EPA and some Donald whatever Resort owner?
    unicorn 1000-1999 bicorn 2000-2999 tricorn 3xxx quadcorn 4xxx quintcorn 5xxx
    hexacorn 6xxx septacorn 7xxx octacorn 8xxx nonacorn 9xxx decacorn 10xxx