Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Net Neutrality

1. Default

I take it that you live in an area where there is plenty of competition than instead of only 2 or 3 major networks with a bunch of smaller ones trying to bite their ankles only to get swallowed up bu the bigger ones in the long run.

Here in the US there is something most curious going on. For years we were told that data is expensive. That all went out the window in recent years. Unlimited plans (which aren't -really- unlimited but still offer an insane boost of data given over the pre-unlimited bundles) and providers are actually -giving- data away in the form of zero rating.

Some will argue that zero rating is good for the consumer, but I highly doubt that zero rating is done to help the consumer. Overlooking the obvious stifling of competition, corporations do -anything- for a higher profit margin. It literally makes zero sense to suddenly give away data like that unless they are somehow making more out of giving us "free" data.

So yeah... we have to believe that the very expensive data is now suddenly growing on trees?

Sure... and I'm also Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Yeah, competition is also why I got unlimited data (though speed is capped after 50GB) and unlimited calls for like 4 euros on my phone

Zserg, That is a terrible way to run a highly profitable monopoly.

Merge all that competition into one huge mega-corp.

Think about the shareholders.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Yeah, competition is also why I got unlimited data (though speed is capped after 50GB) and unlimited calls for like 4 euros on my phone
    That is a really nice value. Where I live to get what you have, I'd have to pay 10 times more as you.