Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Meteorite is back!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    From quests, no.
    But by healing monsters, yes.
    Uh I did not realize that... What were the odds of getting a meteorite for a 100 energy heal, approximately?

I might have reached 80 meteorites had I realized this...

During 2017 November Meteorite event:

I got total of 113 gold and could've done two more had I wasted energy to shuffle colours (but it wouldn't have mattered for my rank bracket). Rank 557 showing after event was over.

I spent 66kstam on monsters, got 317 mets with that, for average of 207s/m. Excluding big hits, 197s/m. Rate was better early on, 160s/m, with stam/met growing gradually over time.

I spent 8kene on monsters, got 28 mets with that, for average of 288e/m. Too little energy to draw conclusions, guessing I was very lucky with the rate.

I did some 56B damage on monsters, total, based on what was showing on Monster Leaderboard as my total damage (I forgot to take note some days, but I wasn't hunting on those). I didn't hit old Cronuses and amounts done on small mobs was small. Hit campaign mobs (Alpha Bahamut, Lothorewyn, Vargulis) and Chromuses mostly. Not sure how much stam went without bonuses (eg. ABaha, Lotho branches, stance mobs without bars) and how much with 50% bonus.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    Hold up!! clear this for me....did a guy not even in the top 100 climb from nothing to 6800 mts in 7 hours?? is that even possible?? how the hell did he find so many monsters??
    1. You can't see anyone ranked 101 or lower. The leaderboard just shows the current top 100 players at 5-minute intervals. In the US, we have a term "stalking horse" meaning the real winner could have deliberately stay below the leaderboard on an active basis -- and the current leader was the "stalking horse".

2. The crucial fact is how quickly one can alchelmize gold meteorites in the last 20 minutes.

3. I thought what Precious did was rather bold -- it was a gamble when Precious revealed his massive gold meteorites in an attempt to scare off other competitors. In economics, we have a theory called "signalling":
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_(economics) -- refer to self-signaling section.

Then we have another theory in economics called "information asymmetry":
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_asymmetry

If I remembered correctly, |░⁅ყųɧ ყմɧ⁆░| was the leader (thus the stalking horse) for the first few days. Then Previous revealed he had 4,000 gold meteorites. So now, Previous tipped of his hand (obviously Precious could have more unalchemized ingredients) but the market or the top competitors knew what to aim for. The market already had an idea of what was possible based on O's behavior in the first MK event. So for Previous to come out with 4K gold, that made it easier for others to decide what to do next -- drop out or get a lot more ingredients.

If anyone is into conspiracy theory, the ratio of the final winning amount to Precious' 4K signalling amount was close to the Golden Ratio.

The Golden Ratio is to 1/2 + (5^0.5)/2 or (1 + 5^0.5) / 2 or

if you into geometry: A = B + C such that A/B = B/C where A, B, C are positive and A > B > C

If you would have guessed the final number was say 1.618 x 4,000 = 6,472, you would have been in the ball park and close to the final 6,801 number.

5. Default

Can anyone tell me what are the abilities and/or stats of the rewards? I couldn't find it.
    - Thane
    - Ruyi Jingu Bang
    - Red Cloak
    - Phoenix Cap

I spent 8kene on monsters, got 28 mets with that, for average of 288e/m. Too little energy to draw conclusions, guessing I was very lucky with the rate.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I know you are an LSI build and I thought you had 2K in Stamina.

Btw, 243 gold meterorites is 729 ingredients or drops, which is a lot. I was curious what you were doing to get some many drops so quickly.
    i have 3k stamina
    spen 8 or 10 stamina refill potions, i have racked
    had to change signature, because someone had changed his mind about s******

02E1D1

its monkeys gear, shows it in his wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Can anyone tell me what are the abilities and/or stats of the rewards? I couldn't find it.
    - Thane
    - Ruyi Jingu Bang
    - Red Cloak
    - Phoenix Cap

Thanks for the info!
    had to change signature, because someone had changed his mind about s******

02E1D1

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Romelis View Post
    its monkeys gear, shows it in his wiki page
    Oh ok thanks. Don't know how I missed this.

What about Thane?
    I read a "nullifies" something, but didn't quite get what it is or to what point. Does he completely nullify physical resistance or is it something else?

His wiki page doesn't state his ability: http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Thane
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-14-2017 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Uh I did not realize that... What were the odds of getting a meteorite for a 100 energy heal, approximately?
    Probably the same odds as a 20 energy heal. I know people like to think it's based on energy/stam spent per chance like essence, but until I stop seeing drops on successive 20 stam hits, I'm going to have to disagree. The more clicks, the better for this event.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drengul View Post
    Probably the same odds as a 20 energy heal. I know people like to think it's based on energy/stam spent per chance like essence, but until I stop seeing drops on successive 20 stam hits, I'm going to have to disagree. The more clicks, the better for this event.
    I concur. I spent 35K Energy and like 7K stamina in the event (No money/FP spent on refills). My total haul was about 140 golds. If you are using monkey king then his proc comes into play. Now without the nerdy math stuff about binomial shiitake, every click can proc on two things; 1)Meteorite drop AND/OR 2)Monkey King. Even if Meteor drops scale with energy/stam spent, it makes sense to maximize your chances of monkey king proc by making smaller attacks/heals as his proc does not scale with anything.
    If you get nerdy about it with a level 40 monkey king 3 star @ o.46% proc, a 100 energy hit gives you Binomial Probability of 0.046 while 5 hits of 20 energy heals give you 0.19051156069488, which is a huge increase. On the other hand lets say the chance of a drop is 30% at 100 heal and 5% at 20 heal. With 30% chance your probability is at 0.3 while at 5% chance it is at 0.2. Add to that the fact the monkey king proc will allow for another roll at the drop, smaller hits make sense.
    Last edited by Liam; 11-15-2017 at 04:12 AM.