Thread: War shop gears for classes

Default War shop gears for classes

As expensive (in term of GCs) as they are, the gears in war shop for each of the battle classes (heal, poly, evade, ww) should have their stats upgrade. Also, at least most of them should have 1 or 2 slots added to them.

BEWARE OF THE PLASTICS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    As expensive (in term of GCs) as they are, the gears in war shop for each of the battle classes (heal, poly, evade, ww) should have their stats upgrade. Also, at least most of them should have 1 or 2 slots added to them.
    Problem is that they are available to all, only GC needed. So they really can't be made too powerful to give to level 50 already. Of course they're too expensive for being mostly useless.

Maybe their prices should be decreased and Elite versions added, with some lock that allows all active players to get them. Level locked to 600 maybe?
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

introduce monsters to alchemy upgraded power equipment....

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    Problem is that they are available to all, only GC needed. So they really can't be made too powerful to give to level 50 already. Of course they're too expensive for being mostly useless.

Maybe their prices should be decreased and Elite versions added, with some lock that allows all active players to get them. Level locked to 600 maybe?
    As always, your post is more informative or more rational than others', in most cases. However, in this instance, I think you are being a little unrealistic.

A complete set of war shop gears for any class cost 36.5K GCs. This is not to mention a toon have to also spend GCs on abilities from shop as well (another 4K to 5K GCs may be?).

What L50 toon do you know that has 36K to 40K GCs? To get GCs, a toon would need to do some activities in battle, which would take years to accumulate that much GCs. Plus, by the time it can accumulate 40K GCs or more, it would be much higher than L50. And even if someone has the patience to play a tiny toon just for healing in GBs only, just to earn GCs for war shop gears, that would be mind numbing.

Your suggestion to lower the cost for the gears would upset some people. For example, those who purchased the WW sword, would not be so happy that they shelled out 12K GCs just so they could alchemy Titan Aetherfury. Same goes with the legendary cleric heal helmet.

The elite upgrade version was supposed to be the legendary alchemy recipe drop from monsters. However, that was abandon after the cleric helm, along with Kore departure. Mage and Rogue are the only two classes that do not have their legendary gears in that set.

Trying to get the current devs team to add any new content is futile. They only want everyone to buy FPs for reharsh of old existing content. I gave up on asking for anyhing new, not even HvH or TvT season.

Only hope left is for them to tweak a bit with existing content, which is why I suggested to bump up the stat on those gears plus 1-2 slots, not high enough or too powerful to outstrip legendary gears from monster's legendary series; but not so pitiful either, for the cost you have to pay.

Being cleric, I would not mind buying the cleric healing set, if only most of them have slots so I could add some chaos gems with heal/mass-heal abilities. I am sure other classes: warrior, mage, rogue might like to buy the gears for dedicated tasks, if only they are a little better in stat and has slot to forge chaos gems. I do not think that is too unreasonable to ask.

What I do like is your suggestion for level lock. Perhaps, an alchemy in war shop unlock at certain level, that you can purchase for some small amount of GCs, say 3K GCs, to upgrade the war shop gear to better stat and slots.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 10-09-2017 at 08:34 PM.

I would have to compare them to Paths equipment.

Paths equipment requires conquest activity, and for free to play it might take a year to get first Warbringer and Retribution sets (depends heavily on how many points one can get for a token of course). A year of battling can even for a low level give more than enough to buy skills and war shop gear for one class. Overall, it seems to me Paths set is harder to get than War Shop set. So making war shop set stronger than paths sets might not be good.

Alchemies would be natural route to enhance them, but at this time new content is on hold and getting alchemies for the items doesn't seem likely to happen.

Maybe adding fairly cheap level locked alchemy components to war shop to upgrade the equipment with would provide an easy way of upgrading them to be worth their cost?

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Maybe adding fairly cheap level locked alchemy components to war shop to upgrade the equipment with would provide an easy way of upgrading them to be worth their cost?
    That is what I said in my last paragraph, a small upgrade with level lock for nominal GCs fees. Like you, I play as cleric in battle and I use heal/mass heal sometime. However, the heal amount from war shop gears are so pitiful that they are not worth close to 40K GCs. Perhaps, back 6-7 years ago, additional heal of +3 to +5 was a big deal back then, but that is not the case today. You also can not forge chaos gems for the majority of them either, b/c they do not have slots.

The amounts were small to begin with, but before runes they amounted to something put together. After runes not really so.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

The amounts were small to begin with, but before runes they amounted to something put together. After runes not really so.
    You know what would be interesting?

Instead of heal for +2, +3 or +4, etc...they could change that to +2%, +3%, 4% etc...of healer/caster's health rune. Even with that update it is still not a whole lot but a bit more relevant to the rune mechanism. They could make the same change to chaos gem heal ability as well, make heal a small % of hp rune, similar to mass heal ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    You know what would be interesting?

Instead of heal for +2, +3 or +4, etc...they could change that to +2%, +3%, 4% etc...of healer/caster's health rune. Even with that update it is still not a whole lot but a bit more relevant to the rune mechanism. They could make the same change to chaos gem heal ability as well, make heal a small % of hp rune, similar to mass heal ability.
    Keeping base bonus would still be good.
    Likely would change from +2 to +2+<2% of rune> or just +2+2% (of whole). Chaos gem mass heal bonus is to whole amount, while cleric heal generals have static and % of rune bonuses, so precedence for both exists.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Keeping base bonus would still be good.
    Likely would change from +2 to +2+<2% of rune> or just +2+2% (of whole). Chaos gem mass heal bonus is to whole amount, while cleric heal generals have static and % of rune bonuses, so precedence for both exists.
    Either one is fine with me b/c they would be an upgrade from the crappy cleric direct heal ability currently. And still, they would still be minuscule compare to warrior's WW dmg. What I really like to see is slot added to them for chaos gems.

While you and I can have a nice conversation for our wish list, it is unlikely this suggestion will ever see the light of day. In the end, it is has no financial rewards to the devs. Thus, they will not bother with it.