Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats best chest for freeroll?

1. Default Whats best chest for freeroll?

I have a freeroll, what's the best chest in your opinion?

What are the chests good for?

Alpha
    • Only 55FP for triple roll, wouldn't spend free rolls here.
    • Orc King: The only general you really seriously want in this chest.
    • Rest is IA. So you always get something.

Vanguard
    • Malekus: Double the stats so 3* or higher will have stats not reachable with Oracle generals
    • Skaar: Nice Water resistance. But how is the progression? Unlikely to be worth it really.

Onslaught
    • Azriel: Divine Power converts to Physical Resistance. Likely one of the best defensive heroes now as this ability transfers fully to alliance master.

Oblivion
    • Xira: Defense to Attack conversion (but Evalice is better).
    • Kobo: Rune essence trade bonus.
    • Halcyon: Attack to Defense conversion.
    • Hyacinth: Stamina to Energy conversion.

Annihilator
    First GB chest:
    • Good epic generals for each class.
    • Guild Skills for each class.
    • IA again, but some items only as part of set, no item bonus. So you might get no benefit from prize.

Ascension
    • Evalice: Defense to Attack conversion
    • Alchemy items to level Annihilator chest guild skills further. Painful, need multiples to do it.

Unless you really want to level the guild skills, this is a skip. For warrior, leveling Leadership is a significant damage boost.

Wrath
    Second GB chest:
    • Tyrant: Warrior Sentinel/Guardian is good.
    • Guild skills for all classes, including alchemy components to level them. At least Sentinel is good.

Unfortunately other class generals are lacklustre in scaling. Yes, they do something, so they are better than not having them.

Conquest
    • Amon: Sunder is good ability.
    • Alchemy components to further level Annihilator class skills from where you get them through Ascension.

Unless you already have your desired class skill(s) from Annihilator chest leveled by Ascension chest alchemy components, this chest isn't worth rolling. Unless you want Amon. Amon is good. But if you're asking what to use free rolls on, it's not good enough. Don't roll a chest that has 1.25% chance of giving something you want.

Phoenix
    We could discuss the merits of the epic heroes and how their relevance has changed over time, but for now just skip the chest.

Battlelust
    • Deimos: dmg rune and damage booster. Not as strong as Jera, but stronger than Deianira. Don't roll here unless you already have Jera. And even then, just don't do it.
    • Sylphora: health rune booster. For some clerics, Sylphora may be best way to boost their effectiveness. Prepare to roll this chest for a long time for that 1.25% chance.

Unless you know you really want Sylphora, just skip this.

Corruption
    • Jera: dmg rune and damage booster. Universally great thing in Guild Battles.
    • Mischa: Heal skill booster. Great for Clerics, especially if they don't have Elaida (from Annihilator chest).
    • Krystalia: Reduces damage taken. Can be good. YMMV.
    • Tora: Like Daphne with a bit stronger ability but Balanced and chest so stats not strong and promotability bad.
    • Kang: No, you won't get 5* Kang with free chest rolls. That's for people with Money. Just get Dolomar and promote him to 5*.
    • Corruption was the first chest released after IA had been added to game. Two IA items.

Reckoning
    Skip. No reason to roll.

Nightfall
    • Great news: everything is IA, and the bonuses are OK.
    • Jessika: Poison splash, best thing for rogues since Aethyx.
    • Alloken: Enrage booster, mages likely love him.
    • Grombeard: Leadership booster. Very nice boost.

Maybe you will find something more useful as well, but they easily get situational (and for situations that arise too rarely) or otherwise hard to greatly benefit from.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

I would say what ever chest you have need of items, that are in archives

4. Default

A great summary!

5. Default

Corruption: 4 Epic generals are IA, plus Jera's Sword. The generals also help on IA bonus sets.

great post elandal very informative for all players

7. Default

Thank you for this post - very helpful!

Very useful post by Elandal indeed!

I'd add a general to both Oblivion & Nightfall chest, because I like Monster Hunting:

Oblivion:
    • Banthus Archfiend: At lvl 4 he gives +50% crit chance on your next attack every 12 hours. If you already have good MH gear/generals, that could be a guaranteed crit every 12 hours (which is awesome with a 600 or 1000 stam hit).

Nightfall:
    • Straticus: Increases the damage your crits will do. Can be used as 3rd general in an alliance with Barbarus & Dolomar for instance. I think it will be more useful than another +crit% general, even if you only have him at 1 star. He's probably easier to get than Layla, Malekus and also Monkey King for non-spenders.

So these 2 chests are extra appealing to me. Also they're among the chests which have quite a lot of heroes in it overall (12 and 14), while some have as little as 6 heroes. And even though I won't use many of them, I always like getting a hero instead of a soldier or piece of equipment!

Edit:
    Well those 2 generals aren't so great after all. See posts below.
    Especially Banthus who needs to be the alliance master for his ability to work. So max 200 stam hits, and low stats if he's only lvl 4... And not worth spending the resources to level him up above this.
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-30-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Very useful post by Elandal indeed!

I'd add a general to both Oblivion & Nightfall chest, because I like Monster Hunting:

Oblivion:
    • Banthus Archfiend: At lvl 4 he gives +50% crit chance on your next attack every 12 hours. If you already have good MH gear/generals, that could be a guaranteed crit every 12 hours (which is awesome with a 600 or 1000 stam hit).

Nightfall:
    • Straticus: Increases the damage your crits will do. Can be used as 3rd general in an alliance with Barbarus & Dolomar for instance. I think it will be more useful than another +crit% general, even if you only have him at 1 star. He's probably easier to get than Layla, Malekus and also Monkey King for non-spenders.

So these 2 chests are extra appealing to me. Also they're among the chests which have quite a lot of heroes in it overall (12 and 14), while some have as little as 6 heroes. And even though I won't use many of them, I always like getting a hero instead of a soldier or piece of equipment!
    I know they are useful to some people.
    But, if you can promote and level an aggressive general, monster damage will be dominated by attack stat of said general. For me, Barbarus' stats (with allies) are high enough that they account for more than half the monster damage. It makes no sense at all for me to use low stat general like Banthus, as the crit boost just won't cover for lack of damage due to low stats.
    Also, Monkey King will add more damage per stamina than Straticus. Because you get back stamina every now and then. And you likely want to level and promote MK to be useful in other things too.
    So I find them not worth it to me, and would recommend thinking hard whether they really are good enough to spend resources on before going with them. Maybe they are good for you. Just make sure to think it through first.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    I know they are useful to some people.
    But, if you can promote and level an aggressive general, monster damage will be dominated by attack stat of said general. For me, Barbarus' stats (with allies) are high enough that they account for more than half the monster damage. It makes no sense at all for me to use low stat general like Banthus, as the crit boost just won't cover for lack of damage due to low stats.
    Also, Monkey King will add more damage per stamina than Straticus. Because you get back stamina every now and then. And you likely want to level and promote MK to be useful in other things too.
    So I find them not worth it to me, and would recommend thinking hard whether they really are good enough to spend resources on before going with them. Maybe they are good for you. Just make sure to think it through first.
    Alright thx for the answer.
    The thing is, I've never even been able to get a Legendary Chest yet, and I'll never buy enough FP to get MK through his promo. So even if I get a MK someday, I may never be able to promote him anyway.
    I agree he's definitely better than Straticus though.

But are you sure about Banthus? The 2nd link only gives 25% extra stats. Let's say I have a general with 2k attack as my 2nd link (which I don't and won't have before a long time), that would give 500 extra general attack.
    Is 500 extra attack more valuable than +50% crit chance? (if you have less than 50% chance already). I would have thought doing a crit (even a x2) would deal a lot more damage than not doing a crit but having 500 extra general attack.