Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW !!! Infraction System

Exclamation NEW !!! Infraction System

Due to abuse of the forum from some users that refuse to respect their fellow players and the forum rules (found here), devs have implemented an infraction system.

Every time a user breaks the forum rules, mods will give them an infraction, depending on the type of offense. Being awarded many infraction points could lead to temporary bans.

=====Title=============Points==Expires=====
    Add Me Spam --------------------- 1 ---- 10 Day(s)
    Inappropriate Language ----------1 ---- 10 Day(s)
    Insulted Other Member(s) -------- 1 ---- 10 Day(s)
    Monster Spam (1) ------------------1 ----- 5 Day(s)
    Signature Rule Violation -----------1 ----- 10 Day(s)
    Monster Spam (3) -----------------3 ------ 5 Day(s)
    Other (3) ---------------------------3 ----- 10 Day(s)
    Spammed Advertisements ------- 3 ------ 30 Day(s)
    Monster Spam (5) ---------------- 5 ------- 5 Day(s)
    Multiple Accounts -----------------5 ------- 10 Day(s)
    Other (5) --------------------------5 -------- 10 Day(s)
    Permanent Ban ------------------10 ------ Never

As well as custom infractions.

Infraction points expire after 5-10 days. Reaching 3 infractions will result in limited forum permissions such as posting. 5 infractions will result in a ban.

The first few days, and depending on occasion, warnings may be given. But after those warnings, if users continue to disrespect the rules, then they will be awarded the appropriate points.

Please note that the moderator staff reserves the right to hand out more severe infractions depending on the severity and/or recurrence of the offense in question.

Please review the forum rules, and especially those about signatures & pics posted (most signatures & pics violate these rules, currently) and make sure you read the Posting Rules for the Add me / Monster help Sections
    Last edited by Mursilis; 12-11-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: update

2. Default

Win win win

Can the mods please reconsider this portion of the rules:

"When posting graphics in a thread the size of the graphic must be limited to ensure fast loading times for all forum pages. As such sizes of 450 by 450 pixels are the maximum allowed."

This kills the ability to post a full width CA screenshot, which is often helpful in documenting game changes, diagnosing problems, and explaining things generally.

Thanks much.
    Last edited by The Lord of the Files; 11-16-2009 at 06:38 PM.

3. Default

cool

everyone sitting here is very happy with that decision. I'm still a bit bitter about clicking a link and helping a Chronus by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of the Files View Post
    Win win win

"When posting graphics in a thread the size of the graphic must be limited to ensure fast loading times for all forum pages. As such sizes of 450 by 450 pixels are the maximum allowed."

This kills the ability to post a full width CA screenshot, which is often helpful in documenting game changes, diagnosing problems, and explaining things generally.

Thanks much.
    this can be done by posting a small screen shot with a link for the high def pic in a site like photobucket/tinypic etc.

Btw your current signature length is 105 chars counting the blanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of the Files View Post
    Win win win

Thanks much.
    A few people have created some magnificent guides using full page pics and they are wonderful "as is"... I second this request.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lena Gkika View Post
    this can be done by posting a small screen shot with a link for the high def pic in a site like photobucket/tinypic etc.

Btw your current signature length is 105 chars counting the blanks

Fair enough. I'll do it that way from now on.

I'd like to point out however, that my sig is only that wide on a large monitor. It wraps.

I'll fix it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseNdaHouse View Post
    A few people have created some magnificent guides using full page pics and they are wonderful "as is"... I second this request.
    I guess we could leave the guides/tutorials as they are, but for future references, rules must apply

Quote Originally Posted by Lena Gkika View Post
    I guess we could leave the guides/tutorials as they are, but for future references, rules must apply
    The only caution I'd like to throw your way from my experiences in other forums as a mod and as a commoner... sometimes rules lead to more rules thinking it will make mod jobs easier. In the end it ends up driving traffic away from the forum and then rules have to be amended in order to re-attract a healthy community.

Suggestion: keep rules to a minimum and try to not let it become a penalty for everything annoying about a forum. Forums are meant to be annoying. IE: penalty for not using the search button! hahahaha funny...but, hopefully you see my point.

Besides, normally people who cause infractions in the rules (like myself :P ) are usually few enough that you can spank them via PM and even ban them if they cross the line too much. Infraction systems like this are really not necessary other than for your own personal tracking of who needs a spanking and who needs a hole in the head.

It is going to be hard for me to not be a joker any more...but, I promise to do my best :P all my love to the mod crew (<--- majorly kissing butt LOL)

Yeah, they seem fair. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Just so everyone is aware, we've been PMing those that break forum rules already so if you haven't gotten a PM from us the chances are you aren't going to be affected by the infraction system either. This is just formalizing what the mods have been doing up to this point, and making it easier for us to keep some semblance of order.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"In the end, there really is no end, just new beginnings"