Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Forum rule change - Allow customer service tickets & responses to be posted

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leebs View Post
    Mind sharing this new game of yours ? getting tired of CA being stagnant 2 long.. looking for new game
    Please do so by PM. We don't promote other games here.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

  2. #22

    Default

    I am not going to weigh in on the merits of the suggestion or the rule as this seems well covered here; however, I will mention that this is not a new rule under Gaea. They did spell it out more specifically, but it was something that was technically forbidden under past ownership as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    [...]

    In the past, in another thread someone mentioned that mods get a monthly stipend of FPs for your volunteer works on the forum. Hopefully, that stipend is not large enough to what it might become more like a bribe, such that mods turn into gestapo and gag/censor/delete every thread with reasonable request or any info about the game that does not paint a rosy picture of Gaea as a company.
    [...]
    Does it look like we delete every negative post complaining about the game or the owners? We certainly delete duplicate threads--leaving one original--and merge threads that are on the same topic. But an actual deletion is rather rare and is usually for someone posting without adding content or being a turd-burger to their fellow forum members.

    We must be the worst gestapo ever!

  3. #23

    Default

    What? Mods are compensated with FP?

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
    We must be the worst gestapo ever!
    At least we got a "cool" secret dance!

    (Some will get this, some will not, you might. :P)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    Please do so by PM. We don't promote other games here.
    Yes, if we want to promote other games, we should follow Ghost Brotocol's example and do it on Castle Age's official Facebook page instead:
    https://www.facebook.com/castleage/p...800962/?type=3
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Castle Age Legends
    Posts
    11,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Yes, if we want to promote other games, we should follow Ghost Brotocol's example and do it on Castle Age's official Facebook page instead:
    https://www.facebook.com/castleage/p...800962/?type=3
    Exactly. 10char
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

    "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -JFK

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mursilis View Post
    But if a user has already tried working with CS and isn't getting anywhere, that's where the mods can help out.
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I disagree. Not on the fact that you should or shouldn't help. I'm sure we're all happy for all the help a mod can give.

    It's a matter of hyerarchy and expectations. Until it was mentioned here, it never even crossed my mind that I could go to a mod if I had any issue with customer support. And in the unlikely event that I got that idea, I'd quickly stomp it because in my eyes, as a volunteer, you're definitely below a customer support employee.

    Before anyone gets offended, I apologize, but in my eyes it would be a truly ridiculous thing to do. To use a little hyperbole, it would be like having a problem with something in the government, writing to whomever is in charge of such things and, after being stonewalled, turning to the cleaning staff to hope for a better resolution.
    Hyperbolic, as I said, and it's in no way meant to ridicule or minimize the importance of the mods, but it gets the message across, I believe.

    And I'm sure others think like me and, in cases of dissatisfaction with customer support, just give up. Either on the specific issue or on the game altoghether.


    So yes, I agree that it shouldn't be against the rules to post replies from CS. Not only for the player's sake, but also for the company's: as Falco said, I (or anyone) could easily share them on facebook or with my friends/guild members. But in that case there's no way for customer support, and by extension the company itself, to defend itself and present its point of view. Thus, bad publicity for the company with no way to counter it. On the other hand, if such issues are presented on the forums, the staff can interveen and say his piece. Sometimes it will be a simple case of misunderstanding and issue due to bad translations, sometimes it will be because the player in question is unreasonable (it wasn't long ago that I read here in the forums about a guy complaining for something. I don't recall the details as I wasn't truly interested, but it was making what seemed to be really wild accusations); and yes, sometimes it will be because CS screwed up. Either in the form of ignorance* on the part of the specific employee that took care of it, or because of something else.



    *not necessarily their fault, perhaps they're just new or don't know the intricacies of the game as some of the most dedicated players.
    Which actually happened in a mmorpg I used to play. There was this feature certain characters had which was not working. It has been ignored for years before fixing it simply because the company that was publishing the game in that region didn't know there was anything to fix and the payed staff mediating between players and devs thought they knew better and refused to report it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •