Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crit chance build

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
    Oh seems some are forgetting the general's stance. Charlotte is a defense crit general. She adds more crit as she attacks Certain monsters. Most players attack with aggressive generals, therefore ''this benefit is lost with out someone like charlotte.
    Wut'chu talkin bout, Willis?

Defensive generals get crit bonus as they spend stamina in stance monsters.....I am pretty sure that's what he meant by charlotte having an advantage over other aggressive crit generals in stance monsters....

Yes, stance exists. But my crit chance is high enough that added crit will provide very little benefit. Balanced against using Defensive general alliance for bringing Green bar up, I can see point in doing one level of green bar but not more.
    Of course if I happened to have 8* Charlotte, I might think otherwise. And even then, I need resources for other generals, can't really level one more MH gen.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritsurge View Post
    Defensive generals get crit bonus as they spend stamina in stance monsters.....I am pretty sure that's what he meant by charlotte having an advantage over other aggressive crit generals in stance monsters....
    I figured he must have been talking about stance monsters. Still, the crit gains there aren't due to Charlotte, they're due to monster mechanics. Couldn't you do the same thing with an alliance of two defensive generals with appropriate stance level along with any other crit general to gain 'extra' crit?

I haven't done much with stance monsters. They seem more trouble than their worth (I'm not exactly prepared for them yet, either) with the way things decay so fast. Do people typically attack with different stance alliances to get the different bars up or do they just stick with one type and blast away?

Quote Originally Posted by Drengul View Post
    I figured he must have been talking about stance monsters. Still, the crit gains there aren't due to Charlotte, they're due to monster mechanics. Couldn't you do the same thing with an alliance of two defensive generals with appropriate stance level along with any other crit general to gain 'extra' crit?

I haven't done much with stance monsters. They seem more trouble than their worth (I'm not exactly prepared for them yet, either) with the way things decay so fast. Do people typically attack with different stance alliances to get the different bars up or do they just stick with one type and blast away?
    It's best to understand mechanics before giving a conclusion; doing otherwise is wreckless and dangerous to learning. . The primary general determines the stance. The two support generals do not. Due to the lack of monster hunting defensive generals, almost no one uses a defensive general to use hit monsters because there is a lack of defense monster hunters and a generals attack stat adds a lot of monster damage (defense generals have the lowest attack stat). Therefore because almost all monster hunters are not defense stance, charlottes crit stance is exclusive to almost her. You can play theory and nueances all day long, but the fact is, there are 2 crit generals that can be used for defensive stance: lother and charlottes.
    Only those 2 generals can add crit via monster stance.

Kang has 2 more crit than charlottes at leve 4, with equal stars. I think they level up and scale the same. Charlottes is easier level and can gain more crit than kang on stance monsters.

It's best to understand mechanics before giving a conclusion; doing otherwise is wreckless and dangerous to learning. . The primary general determines the stance. The two support generals do not. Due to the lack of monster hunting defensive generals, almost no one uses a defensive general to use hit monsters because there is a lack of defense monster hunters and a generals attack stat adds a lot of monster damage (defense generals have the lowest attack stat). Therefore because almost all monster hunters are not defense stance, charlottes crit stance is exclusive to almost her. You can play theory and nueances all day long, but the fact is, there are 2 crit generals that can be used for defensive stance: lother and charlottes.

Kang has 2 more crit than charlottes at leve 4, with equal stars. I think they level up and scale the same. Charlottes is easier level and can gain more crit than kang on stance monsters.
    While I agree with your logic....you are missing dmg because of lower attack compared to kang or dolomar because as a defense general you get lower attack on 80....while it would be possible for you to get potentially more crits....wouldn't you lose dmg on your crits because of the lower attack??

7. Default

It's best to understand mechanics before giving a conclusion; doing otherwise is wreckless and dangerous to learning. . The primary general determines the stance. The two support generals do not. Due to the lack of monster hunting defensive generals, almost no one uses a defensive general to use hit monsters because there is a lack of defense monster hunters and a generals attack stat adds a lot of monster damage (defense generals have the lowest attack stat).
    I get the whole concept of what determines an alliance's stance. What I'm curious about is if people use a defensive alliance to increase the crit bar/level on stance monsters in addition to an offensive and/or balanced alliance for their respective bonuses.

I know defensive generals aren't typically your best monster hunters, but since you can put any generals you want in an alliance, you could still have a defensive alliance with your normal monster hunters for their bonuses. It might not be the strongest option, but if you're working on the crit bar, why bother with Charlotte if you already have, say a level 30+ Aethyx allied with Kang for crit and whoever else you want to use? Doing that would give you the same benefits you're talking about without the hassle of leveling a very limited-use general when you may already have another option(s) ready to go.

Therefore because almost all monster hunters are not defense stance, charlottes crit stance is exclusive to almost her. You can play theory and nueances all day long, but the fact is, there are 2 crit generals that can be used for defensive stance: lother and charlottes.
    That might make sense if you didn't get crit in an alliance by adding any crit general you wanted to. Are you saying that if I were to take a level 30 Aethyx allied with Kang and Barbarus, I don't get the crit from Kang and the monster hunter bonus from Barbarus? The way I understand it, that alliance would level up the defensive stance bar (+crit) and give the benefit of the added crit and mh damage from the other generals.

With the amount of resources it takes to level generals, it sure seems like a bit of a waste to use them on Charlotte for stance monsters. I think I'd rather just use Dawn, Daphne, or any other defensive general that has a use outside of stance monsters and ally them with monster hunter generals while working on that very limited set of monsters.

I agree that leveling a separate defense general just for monsters might not be the best option. I'm an advocate of using a pvp general, a crit general, and Barb for monsters is the best way to use resources in this game for hintongnand leveling generals. . Using a defensive general is probably a terrible idea for monsters unless you're going for max stance or really need to level a defensive pvp general without pots. But The topic was just a crit discussion. So I kept it to that.

I agree that leveling a separate defense general just for monsters might not be the best option. I'm an advocate of using a pvp general, a crit general, and Barb for monsters is the best way to use resources in this game for hintongnand leveling generals. . Using a defensive general is probably a terrible idea for monsters unless you're going for max stance or really need to level a defensive pvp general without pots. But The topic was just a crit discussion. So I kept it to that.
    It was a good approach out-of-the-box even.....if the quality of crits was not significantly affected it would be a terrific idea....