Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please fix Invade

Blog Entries

Right, yeah, Magics. Ugh how awful that Was to get maxed.
    ~VoV~

The issue that upsets many players is that the generall with the highest acquisition stats is automatically used, all generals that have been leveled up to higher stats are bypassed negating the point of leveling, an offensive loadout is pointless

Blog Entries

That's not accurate at all though. Active general's ability obviously works, otherwise my Mephi couldn't give me the extra 90+ army. And since the piercing messages show up, we know that loadouts for gear is working too.

Generals are listed in order of strength at level 4 stats. But we have no idea what stats are actually being used, or if that even matters.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 05-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clintw View Post
    The issue that upsets many players is that the generall with the highest acquisition stats is automatically used
    That's just the general that's displayed. Based on what other people said, all the generals are added into the invade calculations, including levels, promotions, and alliances (as far as anybody can tell, given that the output could have an off-by-one bug).
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

Invade seems to take more of the duel stats into account, as my low level iOS toon looses battles when I have twice the army amount of a similar leveled defender. Although curiously when I battle from the iOS app I don't lose as often as I do from Web4, (except no Conquest Duel on iOS).

6. Default

i've noticed it does seem more similar to duel nowadays. didn't it used to be generals+ soldiers+ equipment 1 per slot. that brings into question with the piercing/resistance systems does it take only equipped/ best or the sum total of all items? how do runes come into account?
    Monster Hunter In-Training //Current Project: Updating Guides
    Army - 3AC1BA

7. Default

The currently selected general is more like Duel than Invade. There have been many times when I am using Chase. It does show the extra army members I have, but I maybe win only 1/4 of the invades. Then, I change to a general that has a few hundred more attack (from general leveling and alliance), and now I am winning almost the entire time.

When you click the View More of an invade, it doesn't always show your equipment's Enhance level. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Which makes one wonder if its being added into everything, or not even included at all?

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMe! View Post
    The currently selected general is more like Duel than Invade. There have been many times when I am using Chase. It does show the extra army members I have, but I maybe win only 1/4 of the invades. Then, I change to a general that has a few hundred more attack (from general leveling and alliance), and now I am winning almost the entire time.

When you click the View More of an invade, it doesn't always show your equipment's Enhance level. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Which makes one wonder if its being added into everything, or not even included at all?
    Chase has always shown the extra troops, items and generals for me. Both in web3 and facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    Chase has always shown the extra troops, items and generals for me. Both in web3 and facebook.
    I think his point is that having the extra troops from Chase ability still gives him less power than not using Chase (thus having less troops) but instead using a higher level / more promoted general (--> hundreds of attack more). So if you equip a super high level general, I guess troops matter less. One may say it kinda defeats the purpose of Invasion, as it feels more like a duel if the general you equip has so much impact on the outcome of the invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I think his point is that having the extra troops from Chase ability still gives him less power than not using Chase (thus having less troops) but instead using a higher level / more promoted general (--> hundreds of attack more). So if you equip a super high level general, I guess troops matter less. One may say it kinda defeats the purpose of Invasion, as it feels more like a duel if the general you equip has so much impact on the outcome of the invasion.
    Depends on which items/units you bring with those extra troop slots. If the power of the general, including piercing, ends up being greater then the extra troops Chase brings then it could be the difference between winning and losing. WitnessMe would have to do the math on the overall power of the non-Chase setup compared to the Chase setup to be sure.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 10-25-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari