Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please fix Invade

Default Please fix Invade

Invasion, one of the three pvp modes we have available, has been broken for years.

We would appreciate it if Gaea would do a major overhaul of the invade mechanic to make sure it is working properly, as was intended by the original developers.

thank you.

What needs fixing exactly?
    Feel free to add me - D96CFA

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ryan View Post
    What needs fixing exactly?
    Can you please be more specific about what needs to be fixed?

Mursilis is probably best to let you in on what's wrong with it, but about two years or so ago, parts of the inventory were removed by old dev team, as inclusion to battle results, since then it's not working properly, displays the wrong general etc. Quite a few issues wrong with it.

Blog Entries

Ok... Invades... I had asked somebody better with words to make a thread, but I guess he's busy. So you get me instead.

The original formula for Invades was
    Army : up to 501, plus any General bonus
    Generals : 1 for every 5 Army members used, but Generals could only go to level 4.
    Weapons : 1 for every Army member used
    Items : amulets, boots, magics, etc. Total of 1 for every Army member used
    Soldiers : 1 for every Army member used.
    Add some voodoo to include player stats, and there you go.

Then came Hero Items. What had been mostly useless junk from chests, or gifts, or for Oracle Generals were now suddenly part of the invasion formula. Now, most of these things cost money, but Devs at the time promised more would be available for free. Never happened, btw.

Then came General levelling and Alliances. We never got a straight answer as to how those effect Invades at all. All we can see is that Generals are listed in order of highest stats (Effective Atk for offensive player, eDef for defensive opponent), at level 4. Or is it 1?

If stats from Alliances are being used, then General stats totals now greatly outweigh player stats by a large margin. If a General's current level stats without alliance is counted, then it likely will also overpower player stats, but to a lesser degree, and can't be manipulated by creating useless alliances for unused generals, strictly for their Invasion stats.

If level 1 or 4 stats are used, then the time, money, and energy put in to levelling generals all these years is wasted for this feature.

There was also a bug concerning owning multiple copies of Generals that created an error, since Generals were unique, and could not be promoted then. Likely suspects at the time were Darius or Gabrielle. I don't know that this bug has ever been fixed, but many players now own multiple copies of several generals, hoping to promote them at some point.

Basically, we need a dev to tell us how Invades are actually working right now, and then we can tell you what's wrong with it.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 04-27-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    ~VoV~

6. Default

Wasn't there also an issue related to high king's crowns? If you had a certain amount it negatively impacted something about invades?

I seem to recall something like that. Could be wrong though. Also could already have been fixed if it was actually an issue.

Also, I think you are right about it being level 4. I did an invasion test earlier before I replied to the thread in GD.

It listed Alloken before Alistair. According to wiki Alloken has 1 point less than Alistair at level 1. At level 4 Alloken has higher stats.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Blog Entries

I dont remember anything about high kings crowns.

But that's not any issue for the majority of the population anymore anyway.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 04-27-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    ~VoV~

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

There was an issue where the last item on your invade list in each category was apparently not counted. No idea if that was fixed.

(Some folks had for example 300 hydras as last item, those not counting would hurt their invasion power a lot )

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    There was an issue where the last item on your invade list in each category was apparently not counted. No idea if that was fixed.

(Some folks had for example 300 hydras as last item, those not counting would hurt their invasion power a lot )
    This was accurate and easily tested at one point. People found accounts where they could win if they didn't have lots of some buyable item in the "last line", and lose if they bought them, despite the higher stats. High King's Crown was one way to test, but some accounts could test with buyable creatures (Archangels, etc.) and saw the same behavior.

Probably just lazy coding with loop termination.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    The original formula for Invades was
    Army : up to 501, plus any General bonus
    Generals : 1 for every 5 Army members used, but Generals could only go to level 4.
    Weapons : 1 for every Army member used
    Items : amulets, boots, magics, etc. Total of 1 for every Army member used
    Soldiers : 1 for every Army member used.
    Add some voodoo to include player stats, and there you go.
    Magic was actually split out into its own section. It would be nice to see that back. Invasions just feel broken, at this time, even if they are working as intended.

It was said, at some point, that the general we see when invading was the strongest we had. What we see now, doesn't seem to be the strongest regardless of whether they are ranked with or without alliances or whether they are level 1, 4, or 50.