Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iOS app last update back button broken

1. Default

In my case the button is broken regardless of the missing pic issue described by flaco. Just opening the app, without selecting any general, it has the back button broken. Not 100/100 of the time, but most of the times, like 9 out of ten times I launch the app the button is broken.

I don't usually equip heroes outside of load outs, sometimes but not very frequently. So my case has no relation to general selecting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Changing to a hero with a missing pic reliably breaks the back button for me even if use loadouts to change the hero instead of going to the hero screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by namaxe View Post
    I don't usually equip heroes outside of load outs, sometimes but not very frequently.
    I said above that I have the problem when I change to a no-pic general via loadouts too.

So my case has no relation to general selecting.
    But it could still be related to no-pic generals.

Do all your generals have pictures? Are you seeing any generals that just have a black box instead of pictures?

Normally, when I force-quit the app or logout and then go back in again, my game works again. However, if a no-pic general is equipped before I force-quit or logout, then it breaks right away when I get back in. So, if someone makes frequent use of a no-pic general, the back button would break right away when getting back into the app, and it's only during the rare times when they logout with a functioning general that it would briefly work when they log back in.
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

We hope to have this resolved with a build next week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superd View Post
    We hope to have this resolved with a build next week.
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!

5. Default

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    Maybe, and only maybe, your no pics isse will be solved if you do a clean install. I mean, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot. I did that and all my generals have pics. However the back button is still broken.

Blog Entries

I got version 1.430, and my back button seems to be fixed now! When it first updated, I still didn't have pictures for several of my generals, but selecting a no-pic general no longer broke the back button.

Maybe, and only maybe, your no pics isse will be solved if you do a clean install. I mean, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot. I did that and all my generals have pics.
    That worked for me too! Thanks! Now I have all the pictures and a working back button!

However the back button is still broken.
    Sorry about that. You mentioned that your back button works about 1 time out of 10. Can you start reporting information when it does work, like what time it is (since you mentioned it might be a time of day problem), what general you have up (since it seems very likely that the general is somehow covering up the back button), and what were the most recent things you did right before it broke again?

7. Default

Sorry about that. You mentioned that your back button works about 1 time out of 10. Can you start reporting information when it does work, like what time it is (since you mentioned it might be a time of day problem), what general you have up (since it seems very likely that the general is somehow covering up the back button), and what were the most recent things you did right before it broke again?
    The button was broken for the start just when the app was started. Even closing it and re-opening it did not help. There was no event I can point out that caused it because it was broken from the beginning, except in very seldom occasions that it worked with no other logical reason.

I just updated to 1.431 and so far 3 out of 3 times I launched the app the button is working. So at least for me at this specific moment seems new version is solving the issue. If I donīt post otherwise, 1.431 solved it. ))

Blog Entries

I just updated to 1.431 and so far 3 out of 3 times I launched the app the button is working. So at least for me at this specific moment seems new version is solving the issue. If I donīt post otherwise, 1.431 solved it. ))
    Awesome! I hope it stays working!

9. Default

Let me know if this issue occurs again!

10. Default

After 3 days, I can confirm I have no longer experienced the problem. Seems definitely solved in v1.431 (clean app update). Thanks Falco and Ghost Brotocol for your help and interest.
    Last edited by namaxe; 04-16-2017 at 02:35 PM.