Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Didn't recieve promo pack on FP purchas.

Blog Entries

the promo pack is still shown on my sons account as of 2:40 pm pst. today it is still there. I purchased the pack on the night of 6/07/2017 @ around 11:00 pm pst, Last month I had the same problem and i was given what i paid for, they has to be a glitch in my account, I received the 120 favor points but no 2 free rolls are anything else...Their is no free rolls on the chest window and also there are no new items on my blacksmith shop nor on my generals,soldiers,, which there should be if i had got the 2 free rolls and used them, which i did not

Quote Originally Posted by bill mason View Post
    the promo pack is still shown on my sons account as of 2:40 pm pst. today it is still there. I purchased the pack on the night of 6/07/2017 @ around 11:00 pm pst, Last month I had the same problem and i was given what i paid for, they has to be a glitch in my account, I received the 120 favor points but no 2 free rolls are anything else...Their is no free rolls on the chest window and also there are no new items on my blacksmith shop nor on my generals,soldiers,, which there should be if i had got the 2 free rolls and used them, which i did not
    When buying FP, they must use casuser identifier to give the FP. Because that was all there was in the beginning. And FP purchases almost always work.

But if they use army codes to distribute promo extras, those may go to wrong account. Because army codes are not necessarily unique.

Thus, when making support request, always give them casuser identifier instead (or in addition to) the army code. So that they actually check the right account instead of a wrong one.

I'm hoping this (army codes not unique but still used as if they were) isn't the issue here, but better check that to make sure.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
    When buying FP, they must use casuser identifier to give the FP. Because that was all there was in the beginning. And FP purchases almost always work.

But if they use army codes to distribute promo extras, those may go to wrong account. Because army codes are not necessarily unique.

Thus, when making support request, always give them casuser identifier instead (or in addition to) the army code. So that they actually check the right account instead of a wrong one.

I'm hoping this (army codes not unique but still used as if they were) isn't the issue here, but better check that to make sure.
    You know, I never considered this but I will mention this to Ghost Brotocol.

I had pointed him in the direction of this thread yesterday.

If the devs are indeed using army codes (or some other behind the scenes ID that isn't always unique) then that can certainly cause problems.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill mason View Post
    The promo pack still is shown available, dev wont get to the problem till next week

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    You know, I never considered this but I will mention this to Ghost Brotocol.

I had pointed him in the direction of this thread yesterday.

If the devs are indeed using army codes (or some other behind the scenes ID that isn't always unique) then that can certainly cause problems.
    What we really need is a system that tracks purchases and is available for the end user to see.

Once again, how about a simple script that generates an email when you purchase fp. It would need to contain at least the following.
    1. The name of the promo pack you purchased (if applicable)
    2. The amount of FP you purchased.
    3. Your stats before the purchase (FP, crystals... basically if it has ever been in a pack, list it)
    4. What you purchased (the # of FP and the extras (if a pack))
    5. Your stats after the purchase.

The purchaser would have the email. If there was a dispute, the devs could still check the account personally plus the devs would have a backup, the "sent mail" to review on their end.

The system would be able to catch system mistakes such as this possible "Yes, it was rewarded, but it went to somebody else's account. Since the system should look up the stats both before and after, we would get this nice result if a glitch sent the awards went to the wrong account.

Before Purchase Free Rolls: 0
    Awarded Free Rolls: 2
    After Purchase Free Rolls: 0

^^Houston, we have a problem.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elandal View Post

I always give them more than enough information Even the browser used, cookies are cleared, time and date the issue happened Facebook ID#, and army code.