Thread: SuperD - any chance of fixing older ios devices

Default SuperD - any chance of fixing older ios devices

I can attest to what Kerowyn said.

I also have an older ios device that will only run the older app that I have played on and off for the past 5 years.

These devices went down without any notice. I can not get to my older iOS character since I had not set up a email account for it. If I could log in the app, I could set up an email address and play it on web3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
    It's got to be one that is at least iOS 6 or newer. There is an older version of the iOS CA app that worked with older iOS versions, but it quit working when Gaea took over. Whatever change they made initially to the app (day or two after they first took over), they did not make it to the older version of the app, so it no longer works (it's still in the app store and it will install, but you can't log in - no buttons on the splash screen). I put in a ticket, they told me to buy a newer device.

So, I can't buy FP at all anymore for my iOS-created mini, and I can't buy with iTunes for myself now either (haven't been able to since the takeover). That's basically turned me into a non-spender, and only a very casual player now. I'll still buy promos if I see one - but only the minimum amount, not buying $90 packs several times a month like I was. I'm not going back to what is available via Superrewards or FB, not when I'm used to getting more via iOS. (and I'm same situation as you - I have an Android phone and Kindle, not gonna buy a newer iOS device just for CA).

Given that snarky answer from customer service, on top of the rampant cheating last Arena (that nothing was done or apparently will be done about), the still out of balance pierce/resist equation...it's probably just as well, it was probably long past time for me to fade away anyway.
    Kerowyn's message struck me, since that was exactly how I purchased FP. I would enter my primary accounts email address into the old iOS app. I would purchase the FP thru the Apple store. I would then log off of the iOS device and go back to web3 then to play my primary character. Needless to say, I have not purchased FP since December 2016. In fact, I skipped the latest dominion since I decided I did not wish to figure out a new way to purchase FP.

The real problem is this. Turning it off with zero warning was not kind. Telling everyone to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a new device, well, it is not helpful.

Could you at least consider letting the older iOS app function well enough to let us set up an alternate email address. If you just turned the older app back on, so we could play them again, that would be even better.

And yes, we all know that not everything was present in the older app, but what was in it did work and it worked well enough for many of us. Sometimes I just enjoyed playing the lower level iOS toon on my old iPhone.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Shouldn't this go under Technical Support - iOS instead of Techical Support - Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Sim View Post
    Telling everyone to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a new device, well, it is not helpful.
    iPhone 3GS gets iOS 6, which is what CA requires. On eBay, starting at below 10€… iPhone 4S gets iOS 9, on eBay 20–50€.

Of course getting a device of any kind just to keep playing CA might not be reasonable regardless of price. But that's somewhat different statement than requiring spending of hundreds.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Hi All,

IN terms of communication of changes to the game I will do my best to have the team be more forthcoming with info. In terms of older Ios devices I understand your pain but it is really hard to support multiple versions. Also by having players use an older version of the game, as more an more updates occur they will become incompatible. My only suggestion right now is if the game is not able to be played that you play on FB or web3. If you are having trouble setting up a universal account reach out to customer service and they can take a look at it. But be ready as they will ask you lots of questions to confirm security.

I do not think we can go backwards but I think that we can possibly curb future updates to not remove versions. I will pass this along to game team.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Do you have any info about iPhone 4?

It can and was running iOS 7, which according to app description in store now is supported, but the game wouldn't actually open.

I sent a ticket in a few days ago too, but haven't received a reply.
    Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
    Follow the Moon
    Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superd View Post
    Hi All,

My only suggestion right now is if the game is not able to be played that you play on FB or web3. If you are having trouble setting up a universal account reach out to customer service and they can take a look at it. But be ready as they will ask you lots of questions to confirm security.

I do not think we can go backwards but I think that we can possibly curb future updates to not remove versions. I will pass this along to game team.

I do not know about CA but with my zynga games ... if we started on FB we could port to zyngagames.com by logging in with our FB info ... but any games started on zyngagames.com could _not_ be backported to FB even with login info. Whether because zynga didn't want to or FB wouldn't allow, I don't know.

I am unsure (since I _don't_ have an iOS device) if an iOS login works with web3/4. If it doesn't ... that kind of leaves older iOS devices in a limbo.

(I'm the one who asked about what was the cheapest iOS device that works with CA since I wanted the Daily Spin. Now that FB/web3/4 have the spin... it's a moot* point.)

*yes, I know, moot used to mean actually debatable but now it means not.
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1408026954 Walking tall and carrying a big sword. Naked because armor chafes. Hey! I was talking about a shield, ya perv!

Blog Entries

iOS can use Universal Login for web3, as long as they've registered.
    Nate, please cease with the chaining of your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    iOS can use Universal Login for web3, as long as they've registered.
    Then I guess they (older unsupported iOS users) should have had _some_ kind of notice so they could register a Crusader Account before they wiped the app and started 'anew".

Hopefully a month long "do it now or forget it" grace period could be set up... or a specific link to click to Support for those left out in the cold/not able to play or pay (vs queuing with people complaining about getting chained, lost chances due to blue orbs or any of the other not really a CS problem but a PEBKAC ... problem.)

A month because I do know army that only check in about that often but like to play and pay on FB... and I play that way on my FV2 kindle fire farm which is similar to iOS or web3/4 keep (different than my FB farm in that the pay option is _not_ connected to FB, not my FB/zyngagames.com farm when playing but _is_ connected to my same FB/ZG farm as in I can send and receive small stuff between the 2).
    http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1408026954 Walking tall and carrying a big sword. Naked because armor chafes. Hey! I was talking about a shield, ya perv!

Quote Originally Posted by Superd View Post
    In terms of older Ios devices I understand your pain but it is really hard to support multiple versions. Also by having players use an older version of the game, as more an more updates occur they will become incompatible. My only suggestion right now is if the game is not able to be played that you play on FB or web3.
    I can play on web3/4 or Facebook. I already was not using the app to play the game, what I was using it for was Daily Spin (no longer an issue) and buying FP (still an issue). Also sometimes used it for doing duel/invade kills for Campaign, because it glitches less often in the app (less often that you get an attack too soon message and lose your target, etc).

The older-version app is still out there, and you can still download and install it. It also is still apparently 'connected' to my account, because the notifications keep coming in, showing on the app icon (and now I can't get in to clear them). As far as I know, the older version was already not being updated to keep pace with everything on the newer, and we understood why it wasn't - but, it did at least work for basic things, until whatever forced-update you guys made at the transition.

For me, the FP issue is twofold: I could buy 720 FP for $90 on iOS. I can buy 650 FP for $90 via web3/4 (Superrewards), and I can buy 600 FP for $90 on Facebook (300/$45x2). That disparity is enough of a disincentive for buying FP in higher amounts, having been long accustomed now to what I got via the app. My playing style is FP-based, so this is a disincentive to play as well as to buy (I have a high-level character who would only level up once every three weeks or so without refills - this was my choice all along, I'm not complaining about that. Only pointing out why buying FP is more closely associated with regular gameplay for me, than for someone who hasn't always refilled via FP as I have). This could be resolved by equalizing the purchase-amounts/bonuses across platforms, it doesn't have to be resolved via updating the older app. [and there are/were bonus amounts on iOS at every purchase level as far as I know, not only at the highest level.]

The second issue is that I cannot now buy FP for my iOS-created mini at all. Any account originally created on iOS cannot buy FP on web3/4 or FB, it must be done via the app. However, for me this is not an issue worthy of change - the iOS mini was just a for-fun account, and I wasn't buying more than just promos for it anyway. However, if there are main-character players who started on iOS and don't have newer devices, they also would not be able to buy FP at all, even with a Crusaders login.
    Last edited by Kerowyn; 03-23-2017 at 02:54 PM.