Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Top 10 Guilds: Who do you let in these days?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    Hi is your guild open to level 40 with a BSI of 10 ? with stamina 20 and energy 10
    our mini guild is Has about 40 actives, holds 2 lands, level 8 and plays all aspects of the game with no requirements on those that play...

Heck we are open to a level 3 with a BSI of 1 as well, even if you really dont want to be active...

Mini guild gets protection, and help if they need it with monsters, as well as access to monsters that we run in big guild...
    Last edited by retribution@gmail; 01-16-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    It was last year, I saw a level 5 guild with about 10 or so people from lvl 2k to 6k+, and they were steamrolling lotsa ppl, wonder why they are there.
    Cant remember their name though.
    Orc Hosts ... They are there to get orc hosts in LOM lands, once they got a bunch they will probably split apart...

To answer the original question:

Activity! Having lots of people guarding, cleansing, smoke-bombing, etc, makes a big difference.
    Generally, BSI of 15+ is what we look for. Unicorns, obviously, can be lower than 15
    Experienced players are key to consistently zeroing the opponent. Our peeps know what needs to be done because they've been around the block.

Also, we have a monthly battle point minimum. If someone goes MIA activity-wise without letting an officer know (real life comes first, after all), their chances of being booted are extremely high when there are new toons trying to apply.

It's about strategy, activity, and communication. The battle chat in IOS is not good enough (lag) and half our players are web3/4. Therefore, we use a chat app to communicate. Using an app offers instant battle calls, the ability to share screen shots of stats, links to spreadsheets, and pictures of weird stuff posted at 3am. All around, good times.

Getting along is important. Personality matters. Sometimes, someone with great stats will apply to a top guild only to have one person say, "Nuh uh. I was in a guild with that guy in 2012 and he is a whiner." Or, "She has a great toon, but she is a guild hopper. She'll leave after a month."

It doesn't matter if you change the name of your toon, chances are someone will recognize your build or your gear/level/gens, etc. So be a good guild mate. Show up. Ask questions. Be positive.

love,

Kiko
    FA86FE
    Kiko [ᴛɪᴛᴀɴ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reaper
    I have been taking it since 2010 and I'm not planning on stopping now.

Quote Originally Posted by kk1979 View Post
    Getting along is important. Personality matters. Sometimes, someone with great stats will apply to a top guild only to have one person say, "Nuh uh. I was in a guild with that guy in 2012 and he is a whiner." Or, "She has a great toon, but she is a guild hopper. She'll leave after a month."

It doesn't matter if you change the name of your toon, chances are someone will recognize your build or your gear/level/gens, etc. So be a good guild mate. Show up. Ask questions. Be positive.
    This last part is what makes screening applicants so much fun. The majority of the time someone else in my guild knows the person applying. It gets more noticeable when you get up to the inbred top 5 guilds.
    This is a slowly dying art as more and more people are iOS/Web3 only and dont chat but this game would not be as fun as it is if you didnt communicate with your guild and form friendships or share the periodic reminiscent banter over a particularly horrible former guild mates.

For example I will throw out here that I once had the pleasure (no not really) of being in the same guild as Marty Zive (now in EO). It had to be a Tuesday (circa 2011 or 2012) when we were "farming" and I decided to leave my damage rune on ("accident" of course). It was at this point going forward that I was on the receiving end of and crap-storm of guild chat flaming and PMs telling me how to "play this game" and that I was a sorry excuse for a Guild Officer. It was at this point I solidified my personal doctrine of hating farming. Now I will say that I ended up leaving that guild a year or so after Marty rage quit it and I still to this day would never ever go to the same guild as her even if it is EO. If she ever applied to my guild I would be sure to auto reject.

"So many are still waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep. Even me... and even you."

Quote Originally Posted by ₳ӿŀ View Post
    This last part is what makes screening applicants so much fun. The majority of the time someone else in my guild knows the person applying. It gets more noticeable when you get up to the inbred top 5 guilds.
    This is a slowly dying art as more and more people are iOS/Web3 only and dont chat but this game would not be as fun as it is if you didnt communicate with your guild and form friendships or share the periodic reminiscent banter over a particularly horrible former guild mates.

For example I will throw out here that I once had the pleasure (no not really) of being in the same guild as Marty Zive (now in EO). It had to be a Tuesday (circa 2011 or 2012) when we were "farming" and I decided to leave my damage rune on ("accident" of course). It was at this point going forward that I was on the receiving end of and crap-storm of guild chat flaming and PMs telling me how to "play this game" and that I was a sorry excuse for a Guild Officer. It was at this point I solidified my personal doctrine of hating farming. Now I will say that I ended up leaving that guild a year or so after Marty rage quit it and I still to this day would never ever go to the same guild as her even if it is EO. If she ever applied to my guild I would be sure to auto reject.
    The top5 guilds are inbred for sure, but I think even the craziest psycho can find a home.

One of the first guilds I was in had this guy who was grumpy and prone to outbursts and would leave the guild and come back, my most recent ex guild had an officer who built up an image of having the entire guild being carried on her back (didn't help that she was the keeper of the book of passwords) and play on the sympathies of the guild (and she got it too)

At the top 5 guilds where everybody knows each other your sins will follow you around, but I believe a fresh start is just a name change and dropping down to a guild a few places below away
    Last edited by AyameNoop; 01-20-2017 at 05:16 PM.